how they shine for you [open]
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the lullaby
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Remi nods, there being few words with the power to underscore the thing he's just said. "I haven't thought about that particular memory in..." The alchemist exhales a breath of air which suddenly feels stale and unwelcome. "...a long time." He finishes on the final dregs of air, snarling silently up into the sky.

Though Remi has come far in his sexuality, especially here in Caido where any number of things are not only permissible but taken completely for granted in how mundanely accepted they are, still there are parts of the alchemist one might describe of as shy. Do they all make sense? Gods no. For instance, Nate has no doubt heard that in a sick-escapade on the beach with his now-husband, Remi did at one point have the tip of Sunjata's cock in his mouth. Not awkward about that moment, nonetheless the alchemist finds himself entirely unable to join Nate in his relaxing backward upon the sand. Something about stargazing in the coolness of near-midnight but the alchemist's stomach tangle somewhat.

"You do that. I can tell you as both governor, and husband to the king, that...it won't be all smooth sailing." No doubt Nate knows this, and there's nothing in the alchemist's accented voice to suggest he means the words condescendingly. Just one fucked soul to another. "Not here." Remi replies with a bit of a huff, picking up a handful of sand and lobbing it toward the racing waves. Running fingers stiff with tension through his curls, the alchemist forces himself to breathe in a deep breath through his nose. His exhale is too fast though, suggesting that this little calming exercise hasn't done much of anything. "I grew up on the road, and even though Torchline has been by far my most stable home since I've been in Caido...It still doesn't feel right." Glancing over his shoulder, pale green eyes softly cascading down Nate's face to see if there is a spark of understanding in the other man, the Lullaby turns his attention back to the sea.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
There are things that we put in our bodies
We know what we're doing and we aren't sorry
Nate nearly reaches out again, wanting to offer a steadying hand, wanting to offer something. The gesture stops just before it connects, fingers trembling in the space before touch, before withdrawing again, the ascended chewing his lip instead. "I don't blame you." Honestly, Nate didn't know a lot about the relationship between Loren and Remi, beyond that fact that it had been good, once, and had been scoured to a barren waste since. He did, however, know how it felt to be betrayed, traumatized, by someone you were supposed to be able to trust.

It's not something Nate would wish on anyone. The alchemist doesn't join him in the sands, and if not for the sudden rawness that the Lullaby's shared, Nate might be a touch insulted. Of course, he doesn't know that's not what the true cause of the hesitance is, if he did, he would be far more sympathetic, some kinship between them in that specific kind of shame, no matter how much Nate has tried to turn his back on it.

A rough bark of laughter is the most convincing part of Nate's reponse. "I never even expected to be on the water this long." The longer he speaks, the more distant his voice grows, worries clouding his thoughts until he's suddenly back in the moment, back with Remi in time to hear the huff. Going against everything he knows, Nate waits for the rest of the justification, not that the other man necessarily needs to justify anything to him. Still, the ascended nods his understanding. "You think you'll find what you're looking for out there?"
Honestly, I don't know how to react
You think hurting yourself doesn't hurt anybody else
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Upon my liar's chair
If Remi can feel the ghost of Nate's hand as it hovers decidedly not touching him, he gives no indication. He can only sense it in that vague way that all creatures can, in the way that the hairs on the back of his neck stand up and how the predator within his ribcage wants to unfurl and stretch.

Chuckling slightly at that, pleased at the continued metaphor of it all, the alchemist nods in wry agreement. Having held his breath without realizing it, the air growing hot and unhappy in his chest, Remi exhales loudly as he frowns toward the waves. "I..." The alchemist's jaw clenches, the feathering tension reaching up toward his temple and into his hairline, where feathers of distress flourish amidst his curls. "Now that I think about it, no. Probably not." Laughing bitterly at himself, he turns his chin over his shoulder to give Nate a roguish smile. "I have Ronin, and I have a son...what else could I possibly need." Certainly nothing that just being out of Torchline could provide.

And yet his feet itched for wide-open spaces, and his knuckles were constantly white with tension for all the obligation and responsibility he felt here. "But gods if I'm not ready to leave, just the same." He admits.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
The feeling that rises up in Nate as Remi lets out a breath, stumbles over his answer, is trying very hard to feel like guilt, and he's trying very hard to not indulge it. Instead, his shoulders shrug against the sand, understanding on his face, in his gaze when it slicks towards the Lullaby. "Sometimes you just need to get away from it all." Nate stretches, hands rising above his head, blocking out his view of the moon in lieu of the stars. It's an inevitability, really, the urge to run away when things slip just a little too far out of hand. Arms drop back to the sand, moonlight brushing over his features again. "As long as you remember you still have places to come back to, there's no harm in it, right?"

Nate can't know what it is that swirls in Remi, what causes the restlessness in him, and he doesn't want to. He has a hard enough time navigating his own darkness. But if he can be a shoulder to lean on, an open ear, a supporting hand, that should be worth something.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Upon my liar's chair
It's strange how at home Nate looks in the sand, though Remi can't quite say why. The way he stretches, how the moonlight carves out his features but still leaves enough colour by which to distinguish the details of his face...it seems magical, somehow. Dreamlike. Only Remi knows he isn't dreaming. If he were, he'd be able to control the world he found himself in, and given there were one too many stars in the sky, this could only be reality.

"I suppose...I"ve never...come back anywhere before." Remi admits with a boyish smile, his shoulders shrugging slightly as he rests his chin on his shoulder to better look at Nate. "I've only ever moved on."

Looking at Nate with renewed interest now, Remi lets his head fall slightly moreso to the side, in a decidedly avian gesture. "What about you? What was the world like for you, before you found yourself here?"
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
Nate doesn't know the poetry in Remi's smind, wouldn't apply it to himself, if he did, but... it seems almost intentional, his tongue dipping out to wet his lips, his head tilting languidly to meet Remi's gaze. "You should really try coming back sometimes. Everyone already knows you. It's easy." He doesn't have to, but Nate still tries to sell to the words, the deliberate curl of a smirk on his lips.

"I try not to think about it too much, if I'm being honest." It seemed to be coming up increasingly often though, much to his displeasure. "I ran away a lot. Came back most times. Got dragged back a few." Nate huffs out a laugh, his arms sweeping out as if to say what the fuck can you do about it? "I'm happier here, I... I'm better here, I just... wouldn't have realized it if I never came here."

Nate pulls himself up, hand grasping at pockets until he finds what he wants, drags a smoke and a match out and lights it, the shadows on his face exagerrated for a moment by the flame. "Do you ever think about the person you left behind? Not your family, or whatever," if Nate makes a face, it's only for a moment, "but the you that's still there."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Upon my liar's chair
Again the alchemist finds the man sprawled in the sand hard to look at, and as soon as his tongue stretches across his lips Remi finds his gaze inexplicably pulled up toward the stars, squinting hard as if trying to see something that isn't there. "That everyone knows me might be the problem." Remi chuckles dryly.

Head cocked over his shoulder that he might hear what Nate is saying without having to directly look at him, Remi nods understandingly. The story might not be true, but nevertheless, it's one that he deeply identifies with. "I never had the courage to run away." He admits with a shrug that seems to restricted compared to Nate's open-arm gesture.

The brief flash of light and smell of sulphur draws Remi's attention in a way he's helpless to resist, predator he is. He watches the caverns of darkness stretch across Nate's features, and wonders idly if that amount of flame hurts the ascended, or if it's still in the realm of pain which can be managed. Desired, even. "What, like...literally?" Remi wonders, boyishly confused by the question.m
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
This might be where their differences lie, might be the line that defines them. Nate has never liked to be unknown, never liked to exist on the fringes of anything. The only time he’d ever celebrated it was coming here, and only because it allowed him to shed his past like a too restrictive moult, and define himself as something new.

”Lates better than never, eh?” Nate mirrors Remi’s shrug, though with his arms still outstretched it doesn’t have quite the same impact. ”I was too young the first time I ran away, I fucked it all up. You? You’ll do better.” Remi had Ronin, his son; had a place to stay and presumably some kind of plan. It was running away in style.

Nate smiles around the cigarette between his lips, and nods slowly, lazily. ”Literally.” A wisp of smoke coils from his nose, the cherry bobbing dangerously before the ascendeds hand lifts to rescue it. ”Maea told me once that when you come here, a copy gets left behind wherever you came from.” He moves like he’s going to return the smoke to it’s place, but hesitates, offering a little more. ”Sometimes, I think about what a shit show I left behind, and I’m glad I’m not the one to deal with it. It’s... easier.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Upon my liar's chair
Remi frowns deeply at that. Suddenly quite horrified that somewhere out there, there was another Remi and another Ronin who perhaps weren't together as they were now. Had the alchemist ended up with the librarian as he'd once so badly wanted? Had Northaven gone up in flames and he with it?

Biting down on this sudden disgust the Lullaby instead flashes a crooked grimace toward Nate. Before he can say what's on his mind, there's a pulse of light from back toward the governor's mansion. It's Ronin no doubt, and if the Star's explosive light is any indication, something is likely going wrong. 'Sorry, that's my signal.' Remi mutters with a low chuckle. Heaving himself out of the sand and brushing some of it off of himself, he lets his gaze linger on Nate for just a moment longer as words shuffle and bounce on his tongue.

"It was nice talking to you." Wrapped up in his melodic accent though the words are, he genuinely sounds like he means it.

And he does.

~FIN.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair