bellyache
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
A deeper conversation is all I want from you-
Amalia does not trust any 'cure' that the Voice might make. Glad as she is to see so many well, that relief is tainted black with suspicion, a sense of foreboding at the potential fallout of this event. So it is that she comes not to partake of the false medicine, but to bear witness to an event in history that may result in new calamity, to step in should anything go awry.

It isn't until the group disperses (and the Voice is gone) that the Shield steps from the shadows of the trees, eyeing friends and strangers alike and trying to mentally catalogue who is here, who has been touched. The inventory only pauses when she spots an all-too-familiar face, hot rage flaring up at her, red as the Ascended's hair. Before she can reach him he's made off with Nate, a troubling pairing if ever there was one.

But Sunjata is still there.

"Sunjata." Amalia's voice is low and firm, calling his attention. She vaguely remembers shared moments when they were sick, fighting and feeling terribly alone, but shoves them away for now. Gazing at the Flood through hard black eyes, the Shield sets her jaw. She's been carrying a burden for too long, not willing to place it on Remi and Ronin's shoulders, new fathers that they are.

"I hear you're the Governor of Torchline now. I have a crime to report."
- I want the words you're afraid to say:
the lonely ones you keep hidden
between the folds of your heart
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
A kiss from Nate and he’s off with Sam, some bit of Sunjata frustrated at the fact they can’t just go home yet, frustrated with the fact it had to be Sam that distracted them from celebrating their health. But then his name is called by an all too familiar voice, unable to remember what occurred while sick, he turns to Amalia and raises a brow to her sternness, the hardness to her eyes.

His own gaze is steel, exhausted, not quite as hard as Amalia’s but it is still sharp and hard nonetheless. Arms fold across his chest, glancing back to where Nate and Sam had disappeared, before his gaze lands back on her. “Havent been back yet to fully take the title on, but yes. What’s the crime?
take me by the hand but please don't want to know me
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
Sunjata is a tall man, and looking up to meet his eyes forces her to crane her neck. Still the girl meets him squarely, the steel of his gaze sparking off her flint as her jaw sets in stubborn determination. A flicker back to the dispersing crowd; she bites back the urge to ask what Safrin will think of his decision to accept a cure from the Voice, focusing instead on the thing that brought her to him to begin with.

"A murder." If her voice stumbles over the word, it doesn't show in her face. It tastes like metal, and again she remembers the way the blood smelled, the look on Sam's face. Steeling herself, Amalia continues. "I found a... a body. On the beach. And... and Sam." Sam, who is clearly very much alive.

Finally the Shield breaks away, looking out across the trees and at the distant Spire. "He shifted into a snake and escaped me. But justice needs to be served."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
It’s probably better that Amalia doesn’t ask, poking at a sensitivity Sunjata was just faced with as one does with a wound, unable to keep from prodding at it. So instead, a brow raises in response to a murder — half wanting to sneer and curl his lip in amusement, wondering what poor animal someone had murdered. But all moments of that fade, as soon as the word body leaves her lips and then Sam following after.

His brows furrow together, taking a moment to pause while he collects the information. “Do you know who it was? The body?” Anything? What the victim looked like, what had occurred? He knows that Sam was sick, had attacked Remi, but a part of him wonders if perhaps it had gone too far, if Sam had been too far gone to process what had happened. It wasn’t an excuse, but, it did require more information.

And with the cure? Sam was healthy. Perhaps he could remember the details a bit more? Gods knew Sunjata didn’t recall what happened while he was sick, but he’d suffered issues with memory before then. So with a heavy pause, a swelling feeling in this throat, he runs a hand through short cropped hair and sighs, peering down at Amalia. “I need a bit more physical proof of what occurred. I can talk to him and we can set a trial up so it’s fair, but beyond that I can’t do much as it stands right now.” He works at his lower lip briefly, glancing back toward where Sam and Nate had drifted off to. “I’ll see what he has to say to Nate and go from there, alright?
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
Amalia shakes her head automatically, not having recognized the fallen man. "He was thin. Dark hair. Tattoos. Green eyes." Glassy and sightless, staring at the sky, stark and brilliant against the red of the blood that covered his throat. Amalia closes her own dark gaze, swallowing down bile at the memory.

Looking back up at Sunjata, Amalia nods slowly, the gravity of what this might mean for Sam settling on her shoulders. She hadn't told Remi or Ronin, fearing the retribution those men might dole out, and now as she looks up at the Flood she wonders if she made the right choice. "He was sick," the girl says softly, knowing that Sunjata was ill as well, that he knows the implications of what it meant for his mental state. "He didn't know. But... he needs to be held responsible for his actions. Justice, not vengeance."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
The steel of his gaze narrows on her as she describes the body, a part of him filtering through those he knows in Torchline that might fit the description she’s said. There’s a few possibilities but it wouldn’t be until he sees it or heard rumors of someone missing would it truly make sense. A shame, really, because if he could properly identify James from her description there would be far more of a reaction than there is now.

As it stood, well, Sunjata listens, arms still folded, feet planted in the grassy earth. “I don’t remember much of what I did while I was sick.” Not a justification by any means but, perhaps a reason. Perhaps Sam hadn’t known what he was doing at the time either. But his cheeks puff out a small amount with the sigh he lets go. “Yes. Justice.” Sunjata agrees, already the weight of all of it heavy on tense shoulders. “I’ll likely need your help and what you saw as part of it. Are you alright with that?” His head tilts much more avian like, the macaw in him flaring ever so slightly.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
At least he understands, earning a small nod from Amalia. Memory prickles at the back of her mind, something with him and Nate and the sun, but it's like grasping for embers in a cloud of smoke. "Neither do I," she agrees quietly. "Especially towards the end."

But it isn't an excuse, doesn't absolve him, and Sam needs to be held accountable for what he's done. And as much as she does not want a role greater than what she has, Amalia knows she has no choice, that she never truly did. "Of course," she answers with a sigh, looking down and rubbing her hand over her wrist. "I'm staying with... at Remi and Ronin's. When the time comes, you can send a letter there."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
The brief inkling of memory between the three of them is far more than what Sunjata can think of. As far as he’s concerned, he hadn’t seen Amalia at all. The last time he’d seen her was when she’d helped him fix up the shop in Haulani. Aside from that? Nothing. And all he can offer is a small nod of agreement for her own memory loss – a shame, or perhaps for the best. He doesn’t want to know what he did while sick, if his time with Remi had any indication of which way it went.

His arms unfold from his chest, one hand rising to run through his short crop of hair. “Ah, good to know.” He murmurs, half debating between apologizing for the charred eyesore that sat beside it and simply ignoring that it exists. He decides on the latter. “Well, Nate and I are at the Slagveld for the moment. If you have anything else to add or need to find me, you can find me there.” He gives it a few heartbeats of a second, imagining that there’s nothing else they could possibly talk about – and he glances back toward the space Nate had disappeared to, before glancing back toward the spire, to the portal home.

I’ll see you soon, alright?” He asks, raising a brow to her before he half turns to head toward the Spire entrance, to wait and linger by the portal for Nate to return to continue their trek home.

- FIN <3
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3