[open] stare down at the wonder of it all
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 18 - Int:
OPHELIA - Regular - Brown Weeper Capuchin
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Falke
Falke has asked for very little in his later life - his prayers are more for the ability to do well by others, to be worthy of Mort and Vi’s love - and if that was interpreted as needing someone to be by his side, then Fee was indeed godsent. No one will ever hear him say otherwise. The Fixer simply smiles and agrees, “I’m quite grateful for her too.”

“Ah, of course. I can imagine that a nest of baby dragons would be enough to keep one's hands full.” He can imagine that draclings were both oddly cute and slightly intimidating - entirely alien in their lifecycle to him, he thinks he might always be worried he’d done something wrong or harmful. He watches as she putters about her baskets, able to identify a common medical item or two. “And a favorite species?” He inquires, wondering if the caretaker of the Celestine had a particular favorite.
it's the best I can do
easy on my tethered soul, giving you all I got
Base Code by Sky!
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
Finding the bandages she’d require for later adornments and replaced gauzes, the youth placed them near the enclosure gate, next to a secured box where she often put supplies ready for next intervals. Another trace of a smile lingered, for eternities, perhaps, at the gratitude of bondeds and their companions, at the way everyone seemed to find a place. She did muster a laugh at the notion of the fledglings though, a brief, soft sigh following, mockingly tired, for she’d never toss off the youthful creatures and their antics. “Especially when they’re together, and each have different elements.” She’d permit Falke to dream up and fathom his own conclusions on that forefront.

The inquiry hastened to her for a moment, causing the briefest tilt of her head, losing focus on re-supplying, and more on the inquiry. “I’m not sure I have a favorite. Each one is a blessing in their own way. They all have a purpose.” To live and live and live, and then feed into the cycle of life and death. “Do you, from all the animals you’ve seen?”
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

Falke
When Lena says that each of them have a purpose, Falke’s mind goes immediately to the extremes - do Frost Giants have a purpose? If so, what was it? Or Paper Wasps? Still, this is no place to argue and there isn’t really a point to be made (nor does he truly feel like being contrary), so instead the Fixer nods in agreement and strokes Fee gently.

“Oh I’ve only really been to Torchline - and only twice.” Pausing briefly, he does end up smiling, still delighting in the memories of his first trip there. Not the Finn part, of course, but the other part. “I was able to spend some time observing Cloud Mantas - alive, that is. And Hels, of course, though I didn’t have the bravery to try and walk on water with them.” Spreading his arms out, he beings to imitate the way the Mantas move, “They’re equally gorgeous in the water and out of it, green and flowing, like a cross between a flat fish and kelp, but bigger, obviously. And diamond-shaped. The stones on their heads - gorgeous. I can see why they’re hunted, especially in Torchline, but it’s such a shame once you really see one.”

But then, maybe Falke is too soft.
it's the best I can do
Base Code by Sky!
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
There was no argument to be found – which was a shame, really, because Lena could’ve waxed poetical on the need for any and all creatures for a series of hours. Instead, there were notions of Torchline again, which caused another wistful smile to unfurl on her features. From the brief moments she’d seen, aside from the rampaging fire, it’d been a beautiful threshold, with a variety of enigmas, secrets, and clustered intrigue layered in between (and as any young, curious woman, she’d instantly wanted to know more – but there’d been other things to attend to). "From what I've heard, you were wise not to trust the Hels."

So she listened, still sorting through her supplies, as Falke regaled her with details of the cloud manta. She hadn’t seen any of those coast or ghost through the enclosure, but now she’d know what to look for, though her head tilted, inclined, eyes lifting back up to the Fixer. “Are they hunted simply because the stones are beautiful?” She wouldn’t put it past people; fixated on glowing, glimmering objects, some quite zealous, fervent, and avaricious when it came right down to it.
that kept so many warm
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Change author:

Falke
Was he wise? Perhaps. Then again, maybe getting a little wet is a perfectly acceptable trade in the name of research. “Maybe,” he hums brightly in return. “I like to think I’m smart enough not to go out too far. But then again, he had gotten himself entangled in that fire business, so… maybe his self-evaluation isn’t as spot on as he thinks it is.

“I haven’t swum in a rather long time, though, so you’re probably right,” the Fixer finally acknowledges a little wistfully. Work keeps him busy.

“No, their stones allow people to breathe underwater, which… as you can imagine, is quite useful in Torchline.” Sighing, his head waffles back and forth. “But still. They’re quite magnificent creatures.” He’s not vegetarian, but even with such things as Cloud Manta soup, it doesn’t quite seem fair.
it's the best I can do
Base Code by Sky!
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
“Ah, so you have a threshold.” She laughed, merry and bright, before finishing up with her bandage maintenance, glancing back over the wake, and opening up the enclosure. “I’m done here, but I have several others to look over. You’re welcome to join.” She left the aperture for him to saunter back through, before ensuring it was locked and closed again. No need for animals to be escaping when they’d yet to fully recover. She could only imagine the chaos that would ensue.

“Swimming sounds delightful,” arranged on a hum, while she swung her basket back onto the top of her shoulder. Lena maneuvered along the path a ways, and eventually stopped near a foundation of more earth, more stone, more trees, though very eerie, enigmatic in nature. A bog like contortion and proportion, complete with fog roaming along, and a much darker array than the previous world they’d left behind. But the youth wasn’t bothered, already setting her sights upon several butterflies near the entrance.

And keeping her mind to the topic at hand. Breathing underwater sounded like a wondrous notion, but not at the expense of another animal’s life. “A shame, still.”
that kept so many warm
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Change author:

Falke
Lena announces that she’s done with her tasks in this particular enclosure, so Falke and Fee dutifully follow her out, leaving the Blink Hare to its convalescence. The sounds of other creatures needing her aid waft towards them and the Fixer is now keenly aware of the time he’s spent in the Celestine as the trio approach a new kind of enclosure, entirely different than the one before.

And while Lena is kind and he gets the sense that she’s true to her word, she also seems to be unfailingly polite. “Oh, I’ve talked your ear off enough, I think. Way past the intended thank you. Which - thank you, again.” He isn’t so awkward as to offer her a handshake, but there is a brief flash of uncertainty - is she a hugger, a smile and wave kind of person? Falke settles for a gracious bow of his head, hand to his chest. Fee seems to chitter something pleasant, too.

“Please do stop by the clinic if you ever need anything,” he adds, finally.
it's the best I can do
Base Code by Sky!
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
The Caretaker was so used to others following along, that she hadn’t even considered Falke and his companion might be thoroughly done for the day. At the announcement though, her head tilted, the smile never wilting, never fading, clear and beneficent in its quiet rhapsody. “You’re welcome!” So with a hearty wave and a nod, she slipped into the rest of the confines, continuing to traipse further into the midst of her necessities and actions. Lena responded in kind to the monkey as well – warm, bright, merry, linings of merriments between newfound friends. “I will! You be careful!” And then each could fade into their activities for the rest of the lined hours, content.

{FIN}
that kept so many warm