Lost and Found
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe laughed at Remi's description of the demigod life. "I am thankful that Frey doesn't seem very interested in the sorts of things the other gods are." she admitted. Frey never seemed to show any interest in what the rest of the divine world was doing. They hadn't hopped on the demigod making wagon until they absolutely had to, and even then they showed no real interest in the war itself, just its implications on things they did care about.

"Well the offer remains on the table." Phoebe said with a slight shrug. She always had Remi's back, regardless of the task. That this task happened to be a dispute with her ex that she was on very bad terms with was a coincidental plus.

"I am going to take my time getting reacclimated. But if you think I need to get out of Torchline, I will." she said. Torchline had never been safe, per se, but Phoebe had never had a reason to be targeted. Her best friend had been the governor and she the Madame of the Frey-blessed brothel. Now? With Sunjata in power and clearly at odds with two other demigods, the beautiful coastline might not be the best place for her to be. "I don't know what I can do yet, so I am still a sitting duck like before." she added with a light laugh. Sure there was Pim, but she was no fighter by any stretch of the imagination.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
I will realize that we all need someone
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
it doesn't matter where you roam, when no one's left to call you home
"Perhaps not...but you were not there when we were all called up to stand before Vi, and Mort, and Rae." It isn't a tone that's condescending in anyway, but the alchemist doesn't recall if Phoebe had ever heard about that meeting. "I...I am not sure how much Rae or Frey will be able to pick their own path in this." Rubbing at the back of his head, Remi sighs. "Vi and Mort seemed quite adamant about how things were going to go."

Listening, the alchemist finds himself biting at the inside of his cheek and nodding. "Well, monsoon season will soon be on Torchline anyway. Perhaps it would be best to come to Stormbreak if only just for the remainder of the season? At least that way you wouldn't be cooped up inside. And..." The alchemist has to roll his eyes slightly at himself, for what he's about to say next. "...Stormbreak isn't all that bad."
i might have strained a bit too far, i'm countin' all the moonlit stars
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe's brows furrowed ever so slightly. There had been a meeting? With all the high gods? A part of her was a tiny bit jealous, having never met Rae much less the gods presiding over the Heralds with which she was not as close. But perhaps it was for the best. Though it did make her doubt that Frey was intending her to follow as whimsical a path as usual. "I will ask them then." she said, nodding more to herself than to Remi. If he was right, her work was far more integrated into the larger plan than Frey had made it seem to her.

At the mention of Stormbreak though, her nose wrinkled. Cian was there. And though she was unsure of Frey's plans or lack thereof, she knew he had a plan. And in true human fashion, it was likely much more involved in destruction and warfare than Frey had indicated thus far wanting her to be. Yet, she doubted Cian was the sort to accept that type of excuse - he seemed a man intent on getting his way.

"My only hesitance in that is Cian and his...recruitment plans." she said. Remi knew of her meeting with him and how offput she had been by the Eye. Being in his city made her nervous. Could she actually maintain the distance she needed to do Frey's work, or would she be forced under his thumb?
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Chuckling under his breath, the alchemist shrugs. "Well you are a demigod now. There is no need to recruit you." He points out. "We are all on the same side in this." Ruffling a hand through his curls, Remi crosses his arms. "From what I have seen, should you join the Order things are different. Ronin has though, and...it does not seem as though Cian has the ability to make him do anything. Whereas I simply live in Stormbreak now. I have not even spoken to Cian personally." Him being my character and all, but whatever.

Nodding toward a tunnel that would lead them from the fingers, Remi begins to walk toward the light. "I think you would like parts of Stormbreak though. There is a garden created by Safrin and Frey where creatures from all over Caido are kept so that they can heal. There are also boats that fly through the sky, and a medical wing you would probably find quite interesting." He shrugs. "More interesting than being stuck inside during an entire season, anyway."
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe remained quiet, not certain she wanted to argue the point. Frey was one of the old gods, and yes that technically put them on one side of all this. But the notion of being on any side other than their own would make the Herald's notorious erection go limp from disgust she thought. They were always in between, ambivalent to anything not expressly of interest to them. That the Herald would have been just as happy to see the other demigods killed in this war so they could continue on with their business as usual seemed the greatest proof of that...but Remi had enough reasons to dislike Frey without bringing up their casual desire to see Ludo's demigod fertilizing tomorrow's saplings.

But his reassurances of his and Ronin's life in Stormbreak was of interest. "That is reassuring to hear. Though, to be fair, you and Ronin are quite powerful. I'm not even sure what I am capable of even." she admitted with a shrug. It did seem it would be hard to manipulate someone who could explode like a supernova or someone who could kill you in your dreams. But that they hadn't been harassed at least was enough to make her consider it...and the gardens and medical wing did pique her interest. Those sounded something along the lines of the very vague instructions Frey had given her!

"I'll consider it. I just need to wrap up any loose ends I have here." she said as she followed him out. Not that it would have been the first time something in Torchline was completely abandoned, but it just didn't sit right with the midwife.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi snorts under his breath; it's true that he and Ronin are powerful, but he'll never really be able to see them that way. Not when they still argue about laundry or kick each other relentlessly in bed.

"Okay, well let me know. Should you find yourself wanting a way out during monsoon season, just send me a note. I have my ways of getting back and forth." Remi flashes the midwife a mischievous grin as the pair enter back out into the sunlight again. Reaching out to tug Phoebe close, Remi leans an unshaven cheek against the top of her head. "I really am glad to see you. After all you and I have been through...I just want you to know that."
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe grinned at him as they stepped back out into the sun, squinting her eyes against it. After a few seasons in utter darkness, the sun seemed far brighter than she remembered it. Had it always created such a blinding white cast on the world? But as the warmth of the sun soaked sand seeped into her feet, she found she didn't terribly mind the brightness for the comfort it gave. "Of course you have your ways. Why wouldn't you?" she said with a light laugh. It was astounding really, the myriad of ways Remi had found to navigate through Caido since they first arrived, always finding some means to make whatever he wished or needed happen - and if he couldn't Ronin could.

The Nightingale was happy to press against his chest, squeezing him back. "I am glad to see you too, Remi." she said warmly, lovingly even. He had been one of the very few constants for her (minus that small blip when they had both nearly lost their minds with grief of course). "Once I get things wrapped up here, I will send word and join you in Stormbreak." she said.

-FIN
When the static clears
And all is said and done