there's diamonds on the surface
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
isn't it funny?
how the cold numbs everything but grief?
I may take you up on that.” Sunjata offers quietly, before the spiral fully takes hold. If there was someone that he wouldn’t mind keeping an eye on Kamaria, for better or worse it’s Aurelia. Provided she can withstand his attempts to push her out, to distance himself from those he’ll hurt more.

But Aurelia is smart, and as he begins to make his spiral known, his fears out in the open, she responds in kind. “I can’t.” He tells her point blank. He can't live with the decision if Nate decides not to come back. And it would take a lot to keep him going, a shell of a man forced to raise his daughter, with nothing else there for him. It would be some kind of cruel, slow death.

The drinks arrive and Sunjata already begins to reach for his, wondering if it would be wise to down the entire thing or whether he should try to take his time with it, when his words ignite a sharpness from Aurelia. And were he shifted into his dog shift or panther shift? His ears would be pinned as his gaze lifts to meet her jade hues. She explains it so bluntly that he doesn’t know what to say, his lips twitching with the start of words that never fall from his lips. And then she continues on and Sunjata decides ‘fuck it’ and drains the glass.

Why did you punch Ronin?” He asks at first, lifting his gaze, trying not to shut down completely in her whirlwind. “And Hotaru has gone back to Halo, so.” She likely wouldn’t be reaching out to the smuggler any time soon. And as the rest of her words reflect in his mind, he leans back and stares at the ceiling with a long slow sigh. “I think you made a pretty shitty investment.
if we could light up the room with pain,
we'd be such a glorious fire
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
eyes can't shine unless there's something burning bright behind
Aurelia has nothing to block the wound of Sunjata's loss, nothing to stop him from bleeding out on the floor like his life never mattered before Nate, or before Hotaru. And it pisses her off.

"You two are exactly the same," she snaps, and maybe if she had the forethought she might realize that she would be no better off if she lost Milo, but she doesn't want to think about that again so soon. "You both love each other so much you couldn't stand to live without the other - and you're so afraid of what'll happen if you have to," her words tip off into a bitter mutter, shaking her head, "like the rest of us aren't shit in comparison, like you're not your own fucking people. Maybe when he comes back you two should just go live on an island and fuck off, then." Her last few words are venomous, a comment born of hurt and irritation but not one that she truly means.

"It doesn't matter, that's not the point," she retorts in answer about Ronin and Hotaru, but when he tells her she's made a shitty investment she can't help but feel that rage getting fueled. "Yeah, it is," she huffs, "but it's mine to make and, personally? I don't think I should take that sort of advice from you anyway." She scoffs and takes a drink from her glass.
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
isn't it funny?
He’s content to ignore whatever else she says, until she offers the quip of something he isn’t expecting, and he finds himself drowning in the new glass of liquor as she mutters her finding. It pangs something deep within him, having not quite understood the gravity of his disappearance in the sea so fully before. He’s almost ashamed he’s become to easy to read, but never ashamed to find the similarities between himself and Nate. They were one in the same, two sides of the same coin.

He still can’t help the slight grimace that crosses his face, though, the empty glass set on the table as he pushes the papers around into a pile so he can give her most of his attention now, even if his head swims. “We both… We both lost someone very close to us under horrible circumstances. And it was hell getting out of it, okay? I don’t… It broke me to do it. I don’t want to do it again.” And it had broken Nate, too, for a time until he’d risen back on the edge of the Fingers, drowned and wounded. “I’m not used to getting things that I get to call my own. It’s always been taken away, so I get attached.” He frowns, thinking of the times he did get to call Nate his, thinking of the time his father had kidnapped Nate as well. Yet another thing Sunjata hardly got to keep without it breaking in the process.

He’s silent a moment longer, though, Aurelia passing over the reason why she punched Ronin and the conversation of Hotaru leaving, and all he can do is sit there and stare at her while the alcohol swims in his gaze. “Look. I’m sorry, okay?” He says after a moment, sighing heavily and rubbing at his face, pinching the bridge of his nose, exhaling a long slow sigh. “I’ve broken into so many pieces that it’s hard to fit them back into something again.” The admission is quiet, it comes out nearly a whisper but loud enough for Aurelia to hear.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
She's all too familiar with the sentiment of having lost someone, and in no easy way either. Loss has cropped up in every facet of Aurelia's life, rearing its ugly head just when things seem like they might be fine. It's an anxiety-inducing thing to try and predict it, and yet to actually experience it again and again - no matter how braced for it you are - is never easy. She draws silent, her hostility and hurt feelings fade, and all she's left with is that sense of understanding again.

"I get it," she mumbles, staring down at the papers strewn between them, "I do. You're not the only one, Sunjata..." She doesn't say this to minimize his pain, but to let him know that others share it - or have felt it in some measure.

"I felt the same way when I first got here.." she begins, sighing softly herself, "I thought my life had ended, that I'd never be able to feel real happiness again because everything that mattered to me - which wasn't much, considering how much I'd lost - was gone. But I knew I couldn't take myself out, or give up... So I just.. tried to.. survive. Not really wondering what the next day, week, month, would look like because it's already hard enough to take it day by day."

Her fingers rest limply against the table and she glances up towards him, pursing her lips for a moment. "But there's hope in it, in this place. Sometimes that's all you can have, Sunjata."

And that has to be enough.
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
isn't it funny?
The flash of anger is met with a simmering, choking smoke for the Attuned. And he sits there, trying to piece those jagged pieces together that just won’t fit, when Aurelia’s voice reaches him, quiet and mumbling and he can’t help but to lift his gaze to her, watching her silently as she offers her sympathies, her understanding to the difficulties of what their lives were like.

And for a moment, Sunjata’s lips quirk, his gaze drops back down to the table. “It feels like swimming through mud to get any sort of happiness here.” He utters quietly. He would know what that was like, after all, the time he’d been swallowed up in the mud monster that had attacked Fiat Lux in the Grounds a few years back – before both of his marriages. And still, he can’t help but to feel trapped and drowning again and again.

So he decides something, swallowing hard against a suddenly tight throat. His lightning scarred hand lifts and moves to grasp Aurelia’s where she leaves her hand against the table, trying to grab her hand and her attention. “Thank you, Aurelia. For putting up with me and understanding.” And for her trying to give him hope – a small silver thread that he can cling to.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia can relate, to the murky waters of a life well-earned. At least that's how she tries to see it. All of the struggles, all of the losses, all of those crushed dreams.. they can't truly be for nothing. She has a future here, she knows it now, can feel it pulsing into her blood and strengthening her bones.

"Good thing you're a strong swimmer, then," she half-jokes, though her tone is rather flat, but it's based on a multitude of things. She doesn't know of his experience at Fiat Lux with the mud monster, no, but she knows that he was nearly drowned as a child because of some primitive tradition - and she saw him rise from the depths of the ocean and escape hungry whale bellies. She doubts it will be the last time he rises to such challenge, even if it's not physical.

His hand comes for hers and Aurelia has an instinct to withdraw but she doesn't. Instead, her tired muscles brace and she lets the contact be made, just as she had reached for him. She finds a swell of warmth beating through her heart in reaction and her anxiety, her fear, her dread stills so that she can center on this moment.

Her expression softens into something hopeful. something... almost desperate. "You don't have to thank me," she murmurs whole-heartedly, shifting to lean in against the table and his presence, "Just accept it," she scoffs, in good nature, the smile sticking somehow, "just accept that I'm here for you. That's all I ask. If something happens to you, I want to know about it. I want to help you, and I'm not here to watch over you like a hawk so you have to let me know," she shakes her head, almost amused.

Her fingers curl beneath his and she uses her hand to nudge him, "I'm sorry, for getting angry," her gaze subconsciously lowers to their hands, "it's... the only way I know how to express myself most of the time. But I.. really, I'm not upset with you, Sunjata. I just don't like hearing you talk like this..."
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
isn't it funny?
Despite the way his mind is torn in multiple directions, he does manage to grimace slightly at her half joke, the truth clear enough in his gaze and body language that he doesn’t deny her the truth of that. Instead, he puffs out a quiet sigh, a nod given before he’s reaching out to try and grasp her hand. He succeeds, craving the connection and needing it over much of anything else. As for him not needing to thank her, that’s fine. He needed to for himself, to remind himself of the things she’s done that he can’t forget.

His gaze lifts to her as she leans against the table and smiles to him – he can’t quite muster up the ability himself to smile to her in return just yet, but there’s understanding in his eyes. “I’m bad at reaching out. I will try to be… Better about it.” He offers her, gaze dropping to their hands as she curls her fingers beneath his and nudges him. “Don’t be sorry.” He says abruptly, letting his gaze lift to her face again, brows drawn together.

Honestly it’s probably the only way to get through this thick skull of mine.” He tries to jest, the ghost of a smile on his lips. “It’s uh… Hard not to.” Here he manages the frown, shaking his head. He releases her hand, leans back in his chair and rests his hands flat on the table. “That’s not your fault though.” If anything it was his father’s, for beating it into his head for twenty years.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
She doesn't need him to mirror her smile. Her own has been drawn out in spite of the lingering darkness she feels within herself. It's her attempt at trying to... well, she's not quite sure. But she's trying, and that's what matters. Sunjata is already an important person to her here, and she had considered him a.. rather foundational friend. Someone to lean on, to trust, to help her stay afloat. She would do her best to be the same for him. Putting that into words is harder, of course..

"Even if it's just a note, it would be better than finding out what's happened to you through the grapevine, when it's too late," she shrugs, "I wanna make things a little easier for you somehow, in a way that actually matters. I know if I asked for your help, you would - you already saved me once," she rolls her eyes at the thought of the 'water horse', but then her expression softens and she peers up at him, "so let's keep being there for each other. Agreed?"

She smirks at his jest and relaxes as he lets go of her hand, finding that she did need this from him, after all. She huffs a small laugh and mumbles something along the lines of, "more like beat it through your thick skull," as she takes another drink.

"I know." The glass is set down once more and she looks at him for a moment longer than necessary. They're so similar, it would be impossible not to butt their stupid skulls together every once in a while.

With a heavy sigh, she looks down towards the papers laid out and raises her brows. She pulls the one he was working on most recently towards herself and begins to skim it. "So, I'm guessing this means the anchors weren't placed in time?" Her tone is lower with a bit of disappointment as she presses her lips together thoughtfully.
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
isn't it funny?
He nods in agreement to her statement and her ability to break through his clouds, an actual huff of a laugh leaving him as she rolls her eyes and inadvertently mentions the mist horse they saw that he’d rescued her from. A sigh leaves him, though the smile lingers on his face from the memory as he goes to shake his head. “Yeah. Agreed.” He says lightly, giving her hand one last squeeze before he withdraws to gesture for a couple glasses of water that are swiftly brought over.

Something like that.” He responds a bit more gruffly than he means to, covering it up with a long sip of his water. He watches as she takes the papers he’s been fiddling with, head tilting slightly as her question is aired. “I think they were, I just didn’t know until after the storms started. I’m not… Sure I can go and talk to Safrin while it’s like this outside, if it even can activate now.” He puffs his cheeks out a bit, fingers tapping along the glass – his wedding ring clinking against it. “I planned on it sort of… Being the announcement of Kamaria to Torchline that I have a daughter, though.” He offers quietly, gaze lifting to her face to see if it was a good idea.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
It's settled then, and she'll let the topic drop. There isn't more that needs to be said, and she has no plans on reprimanding him for anything... well, anything else, anyway. Not as it stands. They've reached an agreement, made a solemn promise of sorts, and she can only hope they keep it.

The mention of Safrin reminds her that she needs to go and see the goddess, herself... and that she has also avoided bringing that up in light of everything going on with Sunjata. So her own fingers drum against the paper, tapping while his wedding ring clinks against his glass.

Her gaze lifts with a bit of surprise when he mentions he plans to announce Kamaria to the rest of Torchline. She blinks, almost stupidly, and then smiles. She's proud of him, in a way, for wanting to do that in spite of all the pressure resting on him, in spite of the disapproval from others.

"I'm sure Safrin will be happy to hear from you... I mean, especially now that you're the father of her daughter," and she suggests in regard to the monsoons, "there's no harm in trying."

"You should tell the world about your daughter," Aurelia adds, and more thoughtfully goes on to say, "I think it will bring a lot of people hope. That there's new life still, in spite of whatever they're going through," she pauses to take a sip of the water that's brought to the table "plus, everyone loves babies- or, er- kids too."

More seriously, she looks back down towards the paper in front of her and admits, "I need to go and speak to Safrin soon, too. Maybe after the voyage. I finally went and saw her after LongNight... she gave me a quest."
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
isn't it funny?
Aurelia’s smile is confirmation enough that it would be a good idea. If anything, Sunjata thinks it might help protect her. He doesn’t dare think of there being a target on her back, not with the way Torchline has begun to fall back into line, not with the way Safrin was Kamaria’s mother, not with the way he was a dragon. She’d be protected, and if nothing else? Sunjata plans on a chat with Jack soon as they return from their voyage out to sea, if only to ensure more protection for his daughter.

The mention of Safrin being happy to hear from him has him humming a quiet thought. “I hope so.” He says quietly, grimacing slightly. “One of her daughters, actually. Seren is her half-sister, from Ronin.” He informs thoughtfully, recalling the young demigod and wondering where she’s gone off to. As far as he knows, she’s still sequestered in the stars, away from trouble, keeping Ronin mostly sane.

The agreement of telling the world of his daughter has him nodding along, though. It didn’t do any good to keep her a secret, and if anything it might prove more difficult with time. “She’s wonderful, really. A beam of light in all this shitty darkness I bring.” This is another poor joke, but one that quirks the corner of his lips up.

It remains even as she speaks of seeing Safrin, his head tilting avian-like in his curiosity. “Oh? How was that?Tell me everything.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia tilts her head at Sunjata's notable grimace, to her mention of Safrin being happy to see him. Her smile fades as her expression softens into some sort of understanding. She can imagine that it must be a complex situation... but he is still one father to her daughters. "Safrin must trust you a lot," she muses quietly, but makes no further comment.

Her smile returns, though it's softer and a little more sad, when he talks about how she is a beam of light in his darkness. She nods. "I understand the feeling..." she trails off, though, not seeing much point in bringing up that pain for herself. Her own beams of light have vanished from her side, and there is no possibility of her ever seeing her sisters again. She can only hope they're being well-cared for, a beam in someone else's life.

Making a strong effort to brighten up, she straightens a little and sighs. "All the more reason for you to share that light," she offers a reassuring, decisive nod, "I'm happy to... come with you, if I'm around when you decide to do that. To give my support, or whatever you need."

She leans back with a raise of her brows and a slightly overwhelmed expression on matters of her own, budding relationship with Safrin. "Well, at first... she wasn't exactly pleased with me," she scoffs a little, "don't think she liked my offering. But... I had to tell her how I felt before I gave up trying, at least. Maybe it was selfish of me, or stupid, to push it. But..." she shrugs her shoulders lower, "I said the right things, I guess, I... god, Sunjata, I don't think I've opened up like that to even my closest friends," she glances up at him and laughs a little, "except you, maybe." She pauses to drink from the glass of water and wipes her lip.

"She's giving me a chance, at least," she adds, since it's an important part of this story, "I asked for something to protect people with, to give them hope... A shield of some kind," Aurelia raises her gaze to meet his, wondering what his thoughts are now.
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
isn't it funny?
For some reason.” Sunjata murmurs with a slight shrug, taking a sip of his water now to try and wash down the buzzing of the alcohol. But they talk of Kamaria and darkness, of her light among it all, and Sunjata can’t help but to nod as Aurelia mentions she understands. Of course she would – the two of them were so similar in that way. But Saartjie, his own sister, hadn’t been so much of a beam of light as she had been a savior for him.

Something that he’d needed in his darkest times. Someone that had cared for him when he had nobody else to.

His gaze lifts as she straightens, nodding at the way Aurelia tries to brighten up. “Thank you, Aurelia.” He decides after a moment, giving her a softer smile, settling in as his hand idly spins the glass of water to hear how her visit went. Initially, he wants to freeze up with it – but he is glad she’s gone, after all.

There’s a click of his tongue at the scoff from Aurelia, a crooked almost playful smile crossing his face. “I imagine it’s because you’re abandoned and you have to prove yourself a bit more.” He pauses with his interjection. “You’ll do it, though.” A hint of his belief in her that she’d be able to get whatever it was accomplished.

She has a way of getting it out of you.” He hums lightly, managing a softer laugh as the alcohol warms him from within. “A shield, huh? I think that’s fitting. What do you have to do?
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia smirks at his 'for some reason', wants to mock it, but she decides better of it. "Hey, she's not the only one..."

In truth, her offering had been humble, even she knew that. It was perhaps a deserved reaction, she thinks, but she cannot help how awful that initial rejection had felt. His playful smile relaxes her anxieties surrounding it, though, and she tries to think lighter of her mistake. "Yeah, I think so, too... everyone's told me that, anyway, and even she did. She said I was tainted by my magic," she lets out a smooth sigh, raising her brows and lifting a hand up to the back of her neck. "I wonder why they hate it so much. Not like I wanted it, either."

At his faith in her ability, she offers an easier smile and nods. "Hope so!"

She grows more serious, lowering her hand and smile, to listen to his thoughts. She nods in agreement, of her having her ways, and she thinks of a joke she might make about it in regards to getting things out of him. But it's probably best not to, at the moment. Would be in bad taste, probably. Her attention perks up when he says a shield would be fitting. "Hmm.. I've already done it, I think. I had to train, with protection in mind. Then.. ah... kill someone or.. save someone..." she trails off, and then adds, "obviously I didn't kill anyone. I saved Jack, actually, if you can believe it. He almost fell clean off the Leap of Faith. Hit his head pretty hard.."
Aurelia