you all over me
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
October
It's a quiet consolation
A mistake that I don't mind
The dropped bomb has absolutely the desired effect; Tobi's jaw comically drops, her eyes light up, and her cheeks flush pink. "Sera!!" The exclamation is intrigued and just a shade jealous as she follows in her friend's footsteps, all thought of food momentarily forgotten. "Isn't he married?" Tobi wonders, though no sooner have the words left her lips does she realize that isn't really Sera's problem. What is the artificers problem, is: "To a killer?" Still, she can't help herself. "Tell me everything."

The moment switches gears from Ronin to Finn, and Tobi finds the happy blush on her cheeks growing a dark and uneasy scarlet as she nods. Biting the inside of her cheek and attempting a smile, the doctor puts her chopsticks down on her plate so that she can reach into her pocket. Holding out the letter from Finn, and the one from Cian, Tobi lets her friend draw her own conclusions. "I just...of course Cian wouldn't tell me anything if I asked, but what could he possibly ask Finn to do that would warrant this?" She didn't want to say it, sick to her stomach as it made her feel, but she does anyway. "I don't think he would lie to me so outright but...I can't help but wonder if this is just his way of ending things."
Maybe you'll meet me at the station
Or maybe somewhere down the line
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer
working the goldfields on the high sierras
the early snow began to fall
Tobi’s exclamation is met with a bright snicker. “Yes, well, Remi was in the Greatwood and… I think he just needed to blow off some steam. Wasn’t anything more than that.” Her shoulders rise and fall in a shrug as she comes around the counter. “And hey, Remi might be Ludo’s mercy murder demigod but gods he’s a brilliant mind too. I doubt he’d come after me unless he had good reason.” She practically swoons, recalling those defenses he’d crafted, making use of the Greatwood and the trees, before she settles up a bit straighter to finish the sentence. “I don’t know, it seemed okay at the time. Oh, I kissed Amalia too.” A Cheshire grin spreads before it fades for the realization of what occurs.

Finn. The Finn. The Spyglass. Breaking Tobi’s heart. She wants to throttle him suddenly, and she dives into one of the rolls, stuffing it entirely in her mouth to keep her from admitting such ass the letters are slid over. She reads Cian’s first, imagining that it’s likely the precursor to the rest of it. Her chewing is ravenous at first, getting out her frustration and anger for her friend, before it reads Finn’s and Sera’s left with more questions. She doesn’t know where Finn’s gone off to either, given that it wasn’t her job at all.

But she might be able to find out.

She swallows hard, head lifting to look at Tobi curiously. “There has to be a reason. I… Finn’s always so quiet and in his mind whenever I’m around him that I can’t imagine he’d want to do this if he was so receptive to begin with, right? It… Seems unlike him.” Brows pinching together she goes to pick up another roll. “Do you want me to meet with Cian and see if I can glean some information?” A pause, considering, before she goes to pop the roll into her mouth. "And if it's really Finn's doing and choice, I'll kick his ass for you."
buried treasure for my darling
under redwood trees so tall
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
'A good reason? Sera you slept with his husband!" Tobi implores with a bright grin that she tries to hide behind one of her hands. Knowing nothing about Ronin and Remi's arrangement, it seems as scandalous as it does gossip-worthy, leaving the doctor begging for more details. "And all I ever did was crash a boat with him." With a huff—would she have slept with Ronin had the opportunity come up? gods, what a strange question, given her feelings now about Finn—Tobi bites her bottom lip, strangely soothed by Sera's gossip.

"Amalia? Sera!" Tobi giggles girlishly. "How was it? Was that just blowing off steam, too?" Or was this the crush the Artificer had mentioned?

Sinking into Sera's couch, Tobi just pokes at her food. "I thought that too, but...maybe he just...I mean, maybe he wasn't as receptive as I thought." Had she just imagined it? He had kissed her first, and had come back to her office, but...that was just one day. Picking up a roll of sushi with her fingers (chopsticks are hard), Tobi plops it into her mouth. Her chewing is halted by Sera's offer, and was it not for having a full mouth, her jaw might have dropped. "Would you do that? Would it be...I mean, trying to get information from Cian...is that safe?" Tobi looks around Sera's living room as if the Eye might suddenly appear.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Well yes, but you’ve met Ronin! I’m sure if it was a danger to sleep with him, it wouldn’t have happened, hm?” She chimes, waggling her brows as if she’s daring Tobi to doubt her. Eyes widen a bit at the mention of the boat, however, and a slight gasp leaves her. “You crashed a boat?” She asks, prodding playfully for that story.

As for her kiss with Amalia, there’s something playful about how nonchalant she’s being about it. “Mm well, I guess she kissed some old friend of hers who turned Ascended.” Her face squishes with a lot of distaste for the mention of it. “What’s a friend to do but help wash that out, hm?” A soft laugh leaves her.

They sink into the couch, however, and Sera pokes at her full plate as she offers her suggestions to Tobi. “Maybe. Or maybe he’s… Gods I don’t know.” Her frustration with this is evident by the way she almost stabs a roll with the chopstick, debating. She doesn’t know Finn well enough to be able to read or suggest his thoughts in the slightest.

Cian, however, Sera might be able to help with. “What’s the worst that could happen, Tobi?” She asks, flashing an easy smile her friends way. “I mean that as in… We all work well together when all parts are together, right? Cian has a need of me to continue to work on our projects for the Order.” Slender shoulders shrug as she picks up the roll she’d stabbed. “I doubt he’d kill me for asking.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
"So...it was good, then?" Tobi all but whispers, her grin bright. Sex with a demigod was probably either amazing or...well, what if it was like stereroids, and his abilities made him worse in certain areas? "No" Holding up a finger, Tobi shakes her head. "Ronin crashed the boat. I was just getting a bottle of wine." How that night would have ended had the boat not crashed was anyone's guess.

"Ascended?" Tobi is kind, and sweet, and gentle, but she is absolutely a born and bred Stormbreakian. So it's no surprise that her expression turns squeamish. "How awful." She says of Amalia's friend's decision—not the kiss, of course.

Taking Sera's cue, the doctor pops another sushi roll into her mouth, chewing on it slowly. "I don't know...he's...he's so unpredictable, isn't he?" Tobi isn't a top-tier member of the Order, and so her interactions with the Eye are actually fairly limited. Still, she'd not want Sera to put herself in danger just because of a crush...or, whatever it was. "But...I would really like to know." Tobi adds a touch hopelessly, swallowing down the sushi in her mouth with a gulp.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
It was great.” Sera whispers back, humming a light laugh. And at the mention of boats crashing, she can’t help but to let the dawning realization cross over her face that Ronin apparently can’t steer a boat. Something she puts on the backburner for later, of course, something to poke and prod the Star with the next time she gets a chance.

As for Amalia and her trek with the Ascended, Sera smiles lightly with amusement after she’s managed to get the grimace and distaste from her face. “We rectified that, though, so.” Slender shoulders shrug before she’s settling into her sushi, offering her help with chatting with Cian and her thoughts on whether or not it would be a dangerous attempt.

And really? Tobi’s right. He is unpredictable, she could never come close to reading the Eye. Part of her fears him but another part of her is far too curious on the matter. “A little, but, he’s always been kind to me. I’ve done work in his office.” She shrugs, leaning in to bump her shoulder against Tobi’s. “I did work on Finn’s office too. I could always start with that and have noticed Finn was gone.” A suggestion, one she raises a brow to her friend with as she pops another roll into her mouth.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
Tobi's head leans back so that her grin is directed towards Sera's ceiling, such is her disbelief. But also not? Of course someone like Ronin was good in bed, and, her situation notwithstanding, Tobi can't say she isn't the teensiest bit jealous.

Tapping her toe anxiously on the ground as she considers, Tobi lets her head roll from side to side. "I just...I do really want to know where he is. If there is any reason that I should be actually worried and not just...I don't know, crushed." Following Sera's lead, Tobi picks up another piece of sushi and plops it into her mouth. Shoving it into one cheek so that she could speak (honestly Tobi, manners), she eventually nods. "But just so long as you stop trying to pry if it seems like he's getting annoyed, okay? I don't want to get you or Finn in trouble just because I can't leave well enough alone."

But it didn't feel like well-enough. It felt...strange. Tobi was the first person to dismiss gut-feelings about things, but this? This was much harder to swallow.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
A hand sneaks out to rest on Tobi’s knee, a soft smile crossing her face once she’s swallowed down another bite. “I can try my best.” She assures the attuned with a brighter smile. “And if there’s anything to find out about it I’ll leave you a note at your office and we can have another lunch and go over what I’ve found?” She suggests, peering at her plate and picking through it until she finds the roll she wants to eat next.

Despite Tobi’s seriousness, Sera can’t help the smirk that dances along her face, the wiggle of her brows. “I can get out of it if I get too deep.” She assures Tobi with a decisive nod, before she’s setting the plate down and moving to stand, stepping over to her music player and sticking a record on it to have some sort of background sound. “It’ll be fun. I feel like a spy already.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
Covering Sera's hand with her own, Tobi smiles her gratitude as she gives the Artificer's fingers a squeeze. "You're really the best, you know? If you hadn't come along...I don't know. I'd probably be leaving Finn notes under his door." She'll end up doing this anyway, but not tonight, at least.

"Okay so," Tobi watches her friend wander toward the record player as she draws her knees up toward her chest, covering her feet with a blanket. "This crush?" Was it Ronin, or Amalia? Or someone new? Terrible as it was, the doctor felt as though some of her own heartache was ebbing if only because of the wonderful distractions Sera continuously was able to provide.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Sera beams to the squeeze of her hand before she moves to stand to add music to the background while they chat. “What are friends for?” She asks as she moves the needle into place, letting the sound ring out into the quiet room around them, before she’s settling back down beside her friend as the question of her crush is aired. Sera flushes a fraction, a tilt of her head as if she’s debating where to start.

Eventually, she curls up beside her friend, drawing her legs up and pulling the plate back into her lap to poke at with the chopsticks. “Well, it’s been a while. But it was before I was the Artificer. I was working hard to get in and get noticed and I had this habit my father hated of spending time in the Silk Houses.” She shrugs with a soft laugh before she’s tilting her head back to rest on the back of the  couch. “And there was a boy who worked in the kitchens of the White Hart. We hit it off quite well.” A bright, nostalgic sigh leaves her lips, fully for dramatic flair. “I suppose I had a thing for the rugged types. But anyway, my father found out about it after a while and,” She lifts the hand with the chopsticks, using them to tap together and pull apart as if it were a mouth speaking, “’we can’t have that, no boy that works in a place like the White Hart is ever going to be good enough for you’.” Her voice takes on a deeper tone, imitating her father, before she rolls her eyes.

And a few weeks later, he was gone. No notes, nothing. Just gone as if he hadn’t ever worked there at all.” Her gaze lifts to Tobi then, her smile edging a bit more toward a damper before she shakes out of it. “Is it time for ice cream yet?
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
Turning toward her friend with a stare that is trying not to seem too eager (and failing), Tobi's expression instantly softens, before fading away entirely as the story turns into something she wasn't at all expecting. What the doctor thought she would hear was about how some cute man or woman kept commissioning Sera for stranger and stranger things, and then one day when it was all put together, it was some giant sculpture that moved and said "Will you go on a date with me" or something.

"No." Tobi slams her hands down onto the couch hard enough to nearly upset her plate and spill her sushi everywhere. "Shoot, sorry. But no!" Pouting the biggest pout she can manage, the doctor stands to gather up their plates because yes, after that? It was definitely time for icecream.

"How long ago was this?"
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Her story goes on a sad tangent, but Sera often kept those close to her chest – refraining from getting attached anymore than she needed to, given that tidbit of history. Made it easier that way, after all. Still, a part of her relishes in the way Tobi’s shock crosses her face at the story – Sera’s head bobbing in a solemn, “I know, right?” Truth be told, Tobi could spill her entire meal across the floor and Sera wouldn’t particularly care too much. It’d be a shame, but not one they couldn’t fix.

The doctor rises and grabs the plates and Sera rises after her to go pull out two crystal bowls and some spoons, before popping open the container of ice cream to split between the two of them. “It was… About six or seven years ago?” Her brows furrow together as she considers it, sticking the spoons in the ice cream. “Sometimes I wonder about it, though. Whatever happened to the boy of the White Hart. Did he become a dragoon and get sent off? Did he… Disappear?” She pauses as a mischievous smirk crosses her face. “Did he find his way into the Mother Molly’s?” A shake of her head as she offers a soft laugh.

Does no good to dwell or wonder on it, I suppose. The could’ve beens.” She moves to hand Tobi the bowl of ice cream before she plops onto the couch again and dives in.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
Stormbreak wasn't massive, but there were more than enough dark alleyways and back corners for someone to lose themselves in if they so chose. (Or, if it was chosen for them). 'Ugh, I'm so sorry Sera. That's....it's like the sort of thing that happens in books, only those almost always get their happy endings." And at least when they didn't, something happened.  

'No, I suppose you're right...' Tobi reluctantly agrees, taking her own bowl and collapsing back onto Sera's couch. '...same goes for me, I guess.' She concludes after a moment, shoving a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth and giving herself an immediate brain freeze.

Tobi will likely stay the night, listening to music, complaining a bit more about Finn, and otherwise just gossiping with Sera about things happening in their lives.

~FIN