Can somebody please just tie me down
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

The other trainees are gone, the sun is starting to set, but he's still here. As much as the other aspects of military life don't suit him, the physical training is nice. He's always used knives and daggers or just bare fists. The sword in his hand has a good weight to it, even if he's not quite used to it yet. He gives it a spin, trying to catch it and failing. He huffs, picking it up and ignoring the way the dust clings to the sweat on his forearms. He tries it again, catching the sword properly this time.

He's frustrated. Not that he knows why, but he is. It feels pointless, all of this. He's a dragoon right? Why doesn't he have a dragon? How is he even supposed to train for that? They come in so many shapes and sizes and the different elements. A little growl bubbles up in his throat as he takes a mock swing at one of the dummies. He stops just short of hitting it, taking a step back. It doesn't help that it's hot today. Normally he'd just dunk himself in the ocean to cool off but he doesn't get that here. At least he's alone, right? No one is around to see him drop the sword again.
I'm not gonna lie
I want you for mine
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Age: 30 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
VALVYNN - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATHANIEL

Except there is someone to see him drop the sword again. Nathaniel strolls into the training arena with Valvynn at his side. The pearlescent dragoness lopes ahead at the sight of another dragoon. Her footfalls kick up dust as she bounds into the arena, wings flaring as she trills at the other man. Nathaniel lets out a high pitched whistle, calling her back to him and she hesitates for a moment, looking between him and the stranger before finally coming back to Nathaniel's side. Valvynn blows out a huff of cool air from her nostrils, almost seeming to pout. "You're new here right? I haven't really seen you around much."

He approaches, bending to pick up the sword and holding it back out to Locke with an arched brow, "If you adjust your grip on the handle you'll hold it more steady when you swing." Nathaniel suggests, crossing his arms as he leans against the training dummy, pale blond hair falling into ice blue eyes that match those of his dragon. "Name's Nathaniel, by the way."
Weep for yourself, my man
You'll never be what is in your heart
Weep, little lion man
You're not as brave as you were at the start
PM FindReply Report
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

The trill almost makes him jump. He whips around, staring at the dragon as she makes her way towards him. She seems friendly enough and he starts to hold his hand out to her when she's called back. His gaze goes from her to her handler, head tilting slightly as he looks him over. "Yeah. Haven't been here that long." Long enough to know he's seen Nathaniel before, but not long enough to really recognize him. That blond hair isn't exactly forgettable though.

He has to bite his tongue when Nathaniel bends down, taking the sword from him. "Thanks. I'm used to fighting bare handed so it's.. Different." He can't tell if he feels uncomfortable or not from just how blue his eyes are. Maybe it's because the dragon has the same gaze? "Can call me Locke.. Nice to meet you, Nathaniel." He holds his hand out to the other man.
I'm not gonna lie
I want you for mine
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Age: 30 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
VALVYNN - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATHANIEL

A grin curls onto his lips and he gives the other man a once over, not bothering to hide it. Valvynn stands beside him, head swiveling back and forth between him and Locke. "That's what I thought. Well, welcome to the dragoons and all that shit." He drawls, crossing his arms over his chest as he leans heavily against the dummy. He must be one of the new recruits given that he doesn't have a dragon yet. That doesn't mean shit, though. He didn't have a dragon until he was practically done with his first year.

His eyes dip down to the extended hand and he takes it, giving it a firm shake, "Street fighter, huh? Not a had skill to have. You can learn the rest, but fighting dirty... That's not something that can really be taught in a place like this. You'll get the hang of the sword soon enough." Not to be ignored, Valvynn trills again, curling herself around Locke's legs and nudging at his free hand. "That's Valvynn. She's friendly. Almost too friendly, but she's a good partner. Guessing you haven't gotten yours yet?"
Weep for yourself, my man
You'll never be what is in your heart
Weep, little lion man
You're not as brave as you were at the start
PM FindReply Report