Not for His Sake
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
A tangible shadow suddenly snaked out, knocking down the oh so pretty candle Phoebe had brought. What a pity Safrin hadn't lit a real flame.
Though Ludo was silent, its amusement was palpable as the shadow lost its physical aspect and became just another dark shape on the ground.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I know I am good at something, I just haven't found it yet
To have her confidence meant the world to Phoebe. It made her own soar and for the first time in a long while she felt she had purpose. There was still Frey’s quest, which was more an area she needed to grow personally, but without anyone needing a midwife she had felt a bit lost. But Safrin had given her a task she would shoulder with seriousness and see carried out to the best of her ability.

Phoebe wasn’t sure if she had seen Ludo’s work, nor was she sure she would be able to if they were a divine trickster. But that they could be more dangerous than Frey (who she still wasn’t sure was truly dangerous if they did not take the unwilling as they said…though there could definitely be more to that than she knew) gave her pause. They fell under the god of death and played with dreams. She would be sure to tread lightly with them. ”Frey is under Rae, Ludo is under Mort…and you are under Vi.” she summarized with a small smile. ”If you were to describe yourself, what it is you deal with, what would you say?” It was the first question she had asked about the goddess, and the one Bastien had not been able to answer. The stars in her hair only led to possibilities. Was she representative of light itself? Was she the moon and stars, and another deity elsewhere the sun? Was she infinite knowledge, guardian of the world’s greatest mysteries?

She took Safrin’s warning to heart and nodded. ”I will make sure to go there as soon as I can. Thank you for the warning Safrin. And thank you for your kindness and patience with me.” Phoebe was determined to not let her down. She would see word of these deities, Rae, Mort, and Vi, and their counterparts here Frey, Ludo, and Safrin, spread and understood. She had to. It was her purpose now.

And then a shadow knocked over the candle and….melted?? Phoebe gasped and started to her feet, heart thumping as adrenaline rushed through her veins. The shadow no longer seemed like more than a shadow but…where was it being cast from? She looked above it, not seeing the floating thing that should have been casting the dark spot on the ground. Wide brown eyes filled with trepidation looked back over at Safrin. ”U-uhm… I am assuming you know what that is…was…is?” she said, finally settling on is since the shadow was still on the ground.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Yes. That is correct." Safrin confirmed with a nod, then her brows furrowed slightly. The question was oddly similar to one that Bastien had asked her, wondering what her domain was. With a gentle inhale, Safrin glanced around trying to think how best to answer. "It...is a very mortal thing, to think that it can be so narrowly divided. I am under Vi as you say...and while his power is...more than mine, think of it more like a symphony. We all have our instruments and our parts. We are more than the sum of our parts in that way."

Unlike Phoebe, Safrin merely stared at the fallen candle with silent disapproval. She didn't bother to look around, knowing that Ludo wouldn't be seen if it did not wish to be. With an annoyed huff, Safrin waived her hand and the candle righted itself. She went so far as to light it with even more energy this time, completely dispelling the shadow Ludo had been toying with. "Just something that wants attention." The deity said dismissively, yet there was a playful splash of amusement in her gaze.
Safrin
the devil is not as black as he is painted
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I know I am good at something, I just haven't found it yet
Phoebe listened intently, glancing nervously towards where the shadow had been occasionally. The instinct to make order of chaos, known of the unknown, was not super keen on random shadows knocking things over and hovering about. Safrin’s description of how she fit in was…hard to understand in some sense. Phoebe tended to be pragmatic so the sort of loosey goosey-ness of what she described was a bit hard to wrap her brain around (granted she had been given a lot of information in a short time, perhaps a good night’s rest would help it sink in). Each was an instrument in a symphony… So her realm was in regards to life in some manner, but in harmony with the actual creation of life which was Vi? Hmm. Then again, to define life itself would be a bit difficult. It was intangible she supposed.

Safrin also seemed unconcerned with whatever the shadow had been. Something that wanted attention? It certainly had an interesting way of garnering it she supposed. ”O-oh…” she said, unsure what to do with that information…if anything at all. Suddenly though, Phoebe realized what great length at which she had been speaking to Safrin, and was then embarrassed to have taken up so much of her time! ”Thank you again, Safrin. I…I shouldn’t keep you longer, you have far more important things to do than tend my silly questions, I’m sure.” And with scary things already starting to happen she was keen to get her last preparations done and to safety. ”I hope you have a safe and restful Long Night, Safrin.” she wished her with a warm smile. Once she got through Long Night herself, she would do as Safrin bid and spread word of these deities and dispel whatever lies this Voice was spreading.