i think this is what comes next
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
there was no where for me to stay, but I stayed anyway
"Do you think so?" Looking uncertain, but not knowing much about these sorts of birds, Ever nods. Looking down at his palms for a moment, he closes his eyes as he shifts (it makes him feel a bit self-conscious, but that was okay because Paige was an attuned too, so she'd understand). Opening his large blue eyes, Ever leaps forward, his paws spreading out the sand and leaving adorable paw prints as he lunges toward the birds.

Hey! Hey you! Realizing this wasn't barking, but yelling, Ever opens his mouth and snaps his jaws instead. Undeterred, one of the birds has the nerve to dive down toward him, nearly plucking out some of his fur with its beak, before cawing victoriously. Growling without really noticing he was, Ever sets his sight on one hel in particular, before taking off down the beach at it, barking all the while.
everest
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige

Paige nods in response to his question, knowing that the Hels didn't usually like being chased, but some of them had been around so long they thought they owned the beach. It seemed like these were some of those Hels. Ever shifts and Paige watches, preparing to grab a few loose stones to chuck at them in response as they swoop and dive towards Ever, one of them braver than the rest. Paige mimics his growl with one of her own, chucking the stone at it in response, "Get out of here!" The stone doesn't connect, but it sends the bird flying off with Ever hot on its trail.

She's much faster as a human, but she can't talk to him when she's not shifted. Instead Paige runs forward until she's a little bit ahead of him and shifts midstride, shrinking down into the form of her weasel and grabbing onto Ever as he runs by, Come on! Let's get 'em!"
Love you to the moon and to Saturn
Passed down like folk songs, the love lasts so long
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Charging down the beach just as fast as his little paws could take him, it isn't until he hears Paige's voice in his thoughts that Ever realizes that she isn't striding along the sands ahead of him anymore. Suddenly aware of her weight against his side, and then presumably on his shoulders, the pup gives a yip of surprise, before his attention is squarely on the Hels again.

I think...I want to bite one. The boy admits. This very much isn't in his wheelhouse of normal things to do with his time, but bursting with adrenaline as he was, and  with the squawking of the Hels ringing brightly in his ears, it was almost all he could think about. Do you think we have any chance of getting one?
everest
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Paige

The admission doesn't surprise her. Probably because she has had similar thoughts herself when shifted. Be it while chasing butterflies in the garden or hunting crabs on the shore. Paige bobs her head in a type of nod that's completely lost in the way she bounces as he runs. Try to! They deserve it for being bullies. She chirps in encouragement, thinking they had a pretty good chance of actually catching one of the pests should they really put their minds to it.

Paige holds on tightly to his fur with her paws, eyes tracking one of the Hels up ahead, noting the way it was beginning to slow. I think you can get that one. It's slowing down.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
It's odd, and later Everest will think about this moment quite a lot, but just now it takes almost no convincing on Paige's part to send the young pup forward with every intention of clamping a Hel between his jaws. As a boy this would horrify him (as would the prospect of running along the beach, reckless and sweaty as it was), but right now? Gods it seemed so right.

With a low growl the pup tucks his tail and races forward for all he's worth. His ears flop and his too-large paws throw sand along behind him, but with Paige's mind directing him, a Hel is soon within reach. Ever's mouth begins to water. His heart thuds with delicious intensity. He leaps, and—!

With an amused cry, the Hel flaps lazily out of his reach and Ever tumbles tail over ears into the sand.
everest
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

Paige holds onto Ever's back for dear life. Something that proves to be rather difficult with ehr little paws that aren't actually meant for holding onto things. She somehow manages it. If only by sheer dumb luck. However when he comes back down on all fours, tumbling through the sand, Paige goes flying off of him. A small squeak of surprise and pain is punched from her lungs as she skids to a halt, standing up slowly and shaking the sand from her fur, glaring after the Hel that continues to taunt them.

You were really close. They're just hard to catch. Paige soothes, trotting back towards Ever to make sure he's okay, touching his nose with her own as concern trickles along the bond. The girl gives him a gentle nudge, a smile apparent in her voice despite the fact that she can't smile in this form, Come on. Let's go hunt some crabs instead. Those guys are much easier to catch. Mostly cause they can't fly.

The rest of the afternoon is spent doing just that. Both of them taking turns hearing crabs towards the other and jumping into the tide pools. There wasn't a care in the world between them.

~FIN~