Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
He grinned at he quip, laughter in his eyes over his tea as he enjoyed both the drink and the company. The talk of gods was more sobering - all the more pity that they didn't have any alcohol to doctor their tea with - and he nodded again at her summation of the past. "From what Safrin told us, I'm disinclined to trust the Voice," he admitted. "Although, admittedly, her dismissal of me the last two times I saw her doesn't play particularly with my ego, either." He gave little shrug of self-deprecation as he acknowledged his own personal bias in the matter. Being underestimated was theoretically good and tactically sound... but if he had wanted to be overlooked completely he would hardly have become a bard! "But I'm also positive that she didn't tell us the whole story, and the old gods pretty clearly have a bias against the Voice. It makes sense that they'd spin the tale to make themselves look better, and her look like a monster, even if Safrin didn't actually lie about anything." He knew a thing or two about spinning truth, after all.

He chuckled at her mention of prayers, tilting his head with a bemused grin. "It still is hard for me to wrap my head around your world not having gods," he admitted. "Not being used to their aloofness or rather... concerns on a larger scale. I haven't spoken to anyone who's met the three Older Gods since the barrier fell, whereas their heralds, the younger old gods, seem to act more in tune with mortal prayers, at least directly." He offered a wry smile, spreading the fingers of his left hand in a gesture as if releasing something to the wind. "Praying to them? Seems more likely to receive an answer, though there's no guarantee you'll like the answer. Praying to the Old Gods and expecting an answer? Well... that might be a sign of either true faith, or true desperation. Maybe both."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me - by Jigano - 06-22-2019, 02:36 PM