Mini Event counter balance this commotion
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
I knew that somehow I could find my way back
As a rule, Amalia makes an effort to avoid such meetings, finding herself horribly uncomfortable in crowds. What could she possibly have to contribute, she who has done so little, who knows so few? Growing up a ghost of other's adventures, the quiet baker was ever content to observe, to let her mother and grandmother lead, never believing they would ever be gone, that a void would be left with no Chandrakant to fill.

And when the void developed she shied away, too small and mild to fill the space, too anxious to take on the shoes of her kin, act as pillar to a crumbling world.

It's changed, recently. Little by little, in insidious ways, Amalia has found herself growing involved, stepping from shadow to try to adopt the role that her matriarchs left behind. Some of it is due to necessity, a gaping and ever present absence of other old families, Naturals who used to lead in this place. Where are they? Wordsworth, Palmer, Valair, Theskyra... the absent pile up like raindrops, the want of them a flood in which the girl might drown.

Some of it is due to a thing she does not yet know to identify, but which others might call growth.

Amalia slips in among the assembled just as Deimos begins to speak, Jyoti flying close behind. He is across from her, on the other side of the circle, and her heart swells with a strange, smug possessiveness as he announces the purpose of the day. She had been surprised to hear he had called this meeting, not anticipating such from him: her monolith of so few words, never seeing in himself what was so clear to her. Smiling, Amalia watches his face, wondering if he sees her, feels her support. I am here for you, her expression whispers. You are wonderful. I am proud.

Then he sits, and others speak: Remi, Phoebe, a stranger of few words. They tell the stories of what they have seen, and Amalia knows she ought to add, to throw in the experiences she has endured. Rising uncertainly during a lull, the quiet baker clears her throat, her alto voice soft in the busy hall. "I spent a... a few days in the Sidhe Village," she says, "And I went back with the traders. And I'll be going again, soon, to ask Delah more about the blight in the woods. Ianto, who spent the last seasons among them, has set up his wagon at the edge of the Greatwood as something of a neutral zone for Fae and..." Naturals will not work, and she stumbles a second, not exactly sure what they are. "...and... Grounders, I guess? to trade."

Her heart is thundering in her ears; she is sweating, she knows, and probably red, and must make a laughable scene. But she has more to say, to add, as much as she would like nothing more than to melt and vanish into the floor. This is fact, not opinion, not the thought she has entertained. And she has entertained a thought, an idea kicked within her mind as she thinks of all that has been said. Jyoti swims a circle around her, spreading starlight in attempt to calm the fried nerves of the girl. "So far, we've really just pressed ourselves on them. So what if we... if we sent an invitation, for some of them to come and see us here? Show them who we are, and see what they would be willing to teach us, without just invading their woods?" Swallowing, Amalia lets her dark eyes drift to Deimos and Jigano, looking for some sign of support between them, reassurance that she has not made herself a fool.
Then I heard your heart beating,
you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you

Messages In This Thread
counter balance this commotion - by Deimos - 06-09-2019, 04:34 PM
RE: counter balance this commotion - by Remi - 06-09-2019, 04:54 PM
RE: counter balance this commotion - by Jigano - 06-09-2019, 04:55 PM
RE: counter balance this commotion - by Phoebe - 06-09-2019, 05:01 PM
RE: counter balance this commotion - by Virion - 06-10-2019, 12:05 AM
RE: counter balance this commotion - by Ronin - 06-10-2019, 07:46 PM
RE: counter balance this commotion - by Amalia - 06-10-2019, 09:39 PM
RE: counter balance this commotion - by Roana - 06-11-2019, 11:02 PM