Personal Quest Discovering Diseases
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
After collecting the samples in the Greatwood with Amalia, Phoebe had been quick to gather her very members of her Medical College. If anyone had the knowledge to help her deduce the cause and figure out a cure for this blight it was them. Amalia was honorary Medical College member for the day, having more contextual knowledge from the gods and the Fae, to help them understand what exactly was going on here.

The gathered members would assemble in the main research lab which housed the micro-lens. On the wooden work desk next to it were four vials, carefully labelled: Fern - Unblighted, Fern - Blighted, Moss - Unblighted, Moss - Blighted. Even without the labels though, from appearance alone it would be clear which was which, but Phoebe clearly was taking no chances. There was also a small stack of paper and pencils with colored lead. As they arrived, she would hand out thin, leather work gloves to keep them all safe. "Thank you for coming on such short notice. You may have heard about the blight that is affecting the Greatwood. The gods believe this is caused by us, due to the fall of the barrier, and the god Frey has asked me to research it to find the cause in hopes of developing an antidote to make the Greatwood resistant to the blight. This micro-lens allows us to see the basic structure of life, things that usually only the gods themselves can see. I've started calling these structures cells." she explained.

"Amalia helped me collect these samples, two specimens are healthy, and two are blighted for comparison's sake. The Fae informed Amalia that it is very easily spread from one living thing to another, so please make sure you do not touch anything with your bare skin. First we will examine the two healthy samples to give us a basic example to work from. Then we will look at the two blighted samples. For expediency sake, I will look through the micro lens and draw a picture of what is there so we can all look at them at the same time. From there, we need to figure out what the issue is, and how we can cure it. While I am making the images, please feel free to examine what can be seen without the lens."

It sounded simple, but Phoebe knew it wouldn't be so easy. If it was, the gods or the Fae would have figured it out by now.

Jumping right in, Phoebe took out the two Unblighted samples, placing first the fern under the lens. She worked quickly but carefully, drawing the shapes of the cells she could see beneath the lens, coloring in areas that had discernable color. After a few minutes, the image of the fern was complete. The moss took less time, as it was surprisingly similar in structure despite its visible differences. With the images complete, she replaced the samples on the desk, and hung the two pictures on the wall. Both had little oblong circles, pressed together, with smaller, green circles filling each one. "So these are the cells...I am not sure what these little green things are but...this is at least what these should look like..." Phoebe said, pointing out the different parts to the group.

This is a Medical College (plus Amalia!) PQ only. There is no post order. Please feel free to have your character act, surmise, question, or examine as you will!

Amalia
Vervain
Nate
In These Past Few Days When I See Myself
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!

Messages In This Thread
Discovering Diseases - by Phoebe - 07-07-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: Discovering Diseases - by Vervain - 07-07-2019, 07:00 PM
RE: Discovering Diseases - by Amalia - 07-07-2019, 10:35 PM
RE: Discovering Diseases - by Nate - 07-08-2019, 06:05 AM
RE: Discovering Diseases - by Phoebe - 07-08-2019, 11:30 PM