Personal Quest This Little Light of Mine
Lanterns for Ludo
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
Worship and hard graft, the god had recommended, and there was no arguing with the sense of it. That was how his world had operated as well, but he was an oracle, not a cleric, and it felt… strange… to be taking a firmer hand in matters of faith. Though he assumed his reputation had been lost among those he held dear, and his hands continued to tremble with the aftermath of his fever, his skin clammy and cool to the touch, he was slowly regaining some of his old strength of spirit. He was still moody, his temper rising more often and with less cause than it used to, but he attributed that to his own guilt and anger at himself. Perhaps he couldn’t regain what he had lost, but time was beginning to dull some of the sharpest edges of his regret, and the world moved onwards, giving him larger things to worry about than the blow to his ego.

Edrei… and the remembrance of Isla, her face recently recalled to an illusion of life by Ludo’s arts.

He had arrived at the tail end of the Festival of Lights the previous year, but he had heard about it afterwards, and had read up on the traditions around it in the meantime. He had learned more from Ludo itself; the quest for lost souls after Long Night and the Fae graves in its woods.

So he had quietly dropped a few words in a few ears both in the Settlement and the Sea of Branches that there would be a lantern-making day, if any wished to join, when the weather was mild and the sun was bright. Though many might chose to craft the lanterns in solitude, remembering their lost ones in private, others might seek solace in sharing memories together as they worked – or so his thinking went. The place would be due north of the Spire, a place both Fae and humans would be in sight of their homes, on the outside edge of the barrier scar and just inside the Wildwood where old trees had died and left behind great stumps. Stumps that he took time to sand and smooth and cover in cloth to serve as tables. Springy boughs covered in tougher canvas served as low seats around them for now - and firewood for later.

At one stump, a collection of wooden lathes in different lengths and thicknesses had been set, along with freshly-cut and flexible willow branches and slender metal hoops in various sizes. Another stump held fabric, from gauze to thicker cotton and linen, and even a few scraps of silk, and sheets of paper both plain and colored, bought from Sam’s shop. They were held in place by a few smooth river stones, so the light Leafchange breeze didn’t carry them away. A third stump held folders of dried flowers, feathers, bright and perfect pressed leaves, as well as a small collection of inks and paints and brushes, and a number of simple metal charms in the shapes of stars and moons and suns, simple birds and hearts that could be hung or attached to a lantern.

Jigano finished arranging the items on the third stump, wondering if any would even come when they heard that he was the one hosting the little event. But Isuma chirruped quiet encouragement from where she set on the first stump, playing with a stray willow withy, and the bard found a smile for her in spite of the worries in his heart.

Welcome to a lantern-making PQ for the Festival of Lights! PQ will update when three people have joined, or in four days, whichever comes first! More spots can be added if there is interest.

1. Ezra
2. Melita
3. Jiao

Messages In This Thread
This Little Light of Mine - by Jigano - 08-14-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Ezra - 08-15-2019, 05:11 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Melita - 08-15-2019, 05:55 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Jiao - 08-18-2019, 07:38 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Jigano - 08-18-2019, 08:41 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Melita - 08-18-2019, 11:37 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Jiao - 08-19-2019, 08:30 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Ezra - 08-20-2019, 12:16 PM