Personal Quest This Little Light of Mine
Lanterns for Ludo
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824

I am my mother's child, I'll love you till my breathing stops
I'll love you till you call the cops on me

At the very least, there were no hard feelings between them, the trial naught more than that, and it eased a sigh of relief through her, crackling in her lungs. She took his hand as he led her over to the table, slumping down on a stump with little grace and formality, head yearning to hang down on the hard surface and not come up again for a week. Fangorn leapt and tucked himself beside her, another worried growl formed in his throat. Jigano mentioned the sunlight, and instead of weighing her skull forward, she glanced up, at the beating radiance she’d always yearned to embody, no strength in it now, but her skin was sunkissed in its heat and solace, so maybe, just maybe, that would be enough to restore her. A weak smile formed its way across her lips, and a nod – summoning the rigor for words. “You’re welcome.”

Her eyes ghosted over a few of the others, recognizing Jiao from Amalia’s play orchestrations, a weak wave granted to her too (that she didn’t expect to be returned, the Fae a little colder in their stark copses).

Melita could scarcely remember last year’s Festival; but perhaps she had arrived too late, on the cusp of winter. Despite her reservations and weakness, she listened wholeheartedly to Jigano’s instructions, familiar with his diction and dictation, pondering over how many they’d have to light lanterns for – the dead, the buried, the burnt, gone over the past seasons. Emmett was one that came immediately to mind.

Could she make some for her family – even if they’d been lost for some time? Was there a limitation?

The youth’s gaze snapped and riveted to the materials, pondering over which to take. She was familiar with the willow branches, having worked with similar boughs before to make various munitions for herself and others, hands gliding upon those within an instant. The girl snagged some glue, and thin leather ties, wandering back to her table as Jigano asked for introductions. It was interesting to hear who he was lighting a lantern for: Isla, though not quite dead, but certainly no longer human, 108 (someone she had never met), and Edy (which couldn’t be right, because that was one of the Queens, and monarchs were strong, enduring things, no matter how many, numerous, or fleeting). Her brows furrowed for a moment while her fingers were busy plying with the artifacts. “I’m Melita,” her voice quieter than usual, losing all the exuberance somewhere along the tremors in her limbs and the aches in her joints. She didn’t say anything more; uncertain, unsure, waiting to hear the rest. Maybe she could make more for those who didn’t bear a name, but were lost outside doors, begging to come in from LongNight’s barbaric wake.
M e l i t a
But in our darkest hours, I stumbled on a secret power
I'll find a way to be without you, babe

Messages In This Thread
This Little Light of Mine - by Jigano - 08-14-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Ezra - 08-15-2019, 05:11 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Melita - 08-15-2019, 05:55 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Jiao - 08-18-2019, 07:38 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Jigano - 08-18-2019, 08:41 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Melita - 08-18-2019, 11:37 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Jiao - 08-19-2019, 08:30 PM
RE: This Little Light of Mine - by Ezra - 08-20-2019, 12:16 PM