Mini Event I'll love you just as long as time allows
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
and i'm a sorry sight to see
except the fact that you love me
Well, the day was here.

Bastien had asked her, had planned it out to the final detail, yet still found himself nervous when he woke, the knowledge that he was about to become a husband thrumming about his head as he got dressed. He knew he was ready - he would not have asked, had he not been, but it was still quite the concept. He who had always been the free lover, the wandering spirit and the personification of hedonistic desire...

...But, that wasn't really him anymore, was it? It had been who he was in Venice, when he had been in a world so superficial and material he had bent himself to fit it. Caido had moulded him anew. It was a far more sentimental place, a genuine one for both the best and worst; it had formed Bastien with it into someone who meant things far more, who learnt lessons...who fell in love.

He could not have imagined prior to being in Sanctuary feeling the way about anyone the way he did for Rexanna. Yet when he thought of seeing her in her dress he had to close his eyes and breathe out to try and still his excitement. He would try to make sure she had a similar response, of course - there had never been a rule written that only the bride could be beautiful. He had asked, with detailed drawings and descriptions, for a seamstress in the market to make him a wedding outfit like the one his father had worn. Updated, for his more modern tastes and with a few added accessories, but still similar enough to be a call to the past.

Rexanna had always looked beautiful in gold and she knew it. He hoped then, that he would match her even just a little; their shared appreciation for aesthetics was something they bonded over, after all. The field where the wedding was to happen itself was decorated, too, for the dusky time; lanterns, hanging decorations that caught the light and bounced it around, frost on the grass sparkling as if it had been a plan. Looking at it, he felt he had made his masterpiece.

Waiting for Rexanna, he went to stand at the top of the aisle, looking over the field and thinking of how fortunate he really was, in both superficial and meaningful ways. As each person came, he would smile wide and greet them, still a host at heart.

---
Feel free to arrive and take your seat!
and all I lost along the way
Is all I had to lose to find this day
BASTIEN

Messages In This Thread
I'll love you just as long as time allows - by Bastien - 09-04-2019, 07:00 PM