You Know the Truest Me
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667

There are few who know of Evie's particular...talents. Curse. Whatever you want to call it. It was not a secret she divulged to just anyone, and it never stopped making her heart feel as if it would fall right out of her chest when she did. But she had found, in the few people she had told, that there was a lightening of the burden she carried every waking hour when others knew. When she could speak to them, cry to them, ask for their advice freely without questioning her own words.

The world is certainly off its axis for Evie right now. And there is only one person she trusts to right it.

She starts out early when the dawn is scarcely bloodying the horizon. Evie knows that the woman she seeks will be up, preparing the dough and beginning the task of fresh baking. Tucking her wool-covered feet into her travel boots and swinging a cloak around herself to stop the chill, the maiden sets out into the snow. Her cheeks immediately flush against the cold, until they nearly match her hair, and her breath mists out in little clouds from her lips. It's not a very far walk from her apothecary at least. Considering she'd been sleeping there instead of the Wordsworth manor...it's more telling than she's willing to admit.

Evie can't help but reflect upon the turmoils in her mind as she walks down the well-tread path. Remembering her conversation with Sam in the Temple, the Blight in general and how she had failed to help Abasi against it, the fear of being recognized as another Abandoned by Loren. The falling of the barrier, when she had disappeared to deal with her own anxieties like a coward. There was so much that Evie couldn't understand anymore, and she needed guidance. Friendship. Love.

The redhead doesn't bother knocking, stamping her feet out and entering the bakery, the familiar scent of yeast and baking bread washing over her alongside the warmth of the building. "Amalia?" she calls tentatively, suddenly unsure of her welcome.

evie
Please don't ever become a stranger
whose laugh I could recognize anywhere

Messages In This Thread
You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-09-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-11-2019, 08:54 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-12-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-18-2019, 02:13 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-23-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 10-01-2019, 07:38 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 10-03-2019, 12:57 PM