Begin at the beginning
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer
As he speaks about Zariah, she can only nod. His sentiments echo her own thoughts. Exile, with the constant need to look over her shoulder for the rest of her life. Not that she wouldn’t need to do that anyway. Clearly they did have very different opinions of what it meant to be Warden. She has no illusion of this being a fairytale job, of it being anything short of demanding and exhausting. Still, she signed her own death warrant on this one.

He seems to sag finally, as if finally giving up the fight. Better. She’d rather be on the same side, in the end. Maybe in some ways he could come to understand why she did what she did. Maybe someday they could fight together for Halo, rather than against one another. That had been the hope before, and maybe it could be hope in the future. ”No, they simply need to be present, but you may have your own space. I will let them know when I leave, and you are free to go where you want.”

He continues with the things about Halo she needs to know. She listens, storing the information away with the ever growing list. She wants to write it all down just to keep track of it, but this is not the sort of information one writes down. They didn’t need it falling into the wrong hands. Guess she’ll have to work on her memory.

For now though, she has no other questions. There will be more in time, certainly, but he’s probably eager to get out of this room. She stands, putting the chair back where she’d found it. ”Thank you for your answers. I am sure we will be seeing more of each other, but for the time being, enjoy your semi-freedom.” It could become proper freedom, if he won over the people.

With that, she gives him a nod and heads out of the room to make sure his guards know their new orders.

(finished)
WEAVER

Messages In This Thread
Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-19-2020, 03:34 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Neron - 05-20-2020, 07:30 AM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-20-2020, 02:08 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Neron - 05-20-2020, 09:46 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-20-2020, 10:56 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Neron - 05-21-2020, 07:13 AM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-21-2020, 01:25 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Neron - 05-21-2020, 09:23 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-22-2020, 08:56 PM