a martyr on a bridge that's burning down
Pheebs
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
HARPER
I stood outside when the roof gave in
You crawled from the wreckage you were lying in
Her teasing is endured with an endeared smile, but his arms squeeze around her just a little. “I hope you never see it,” he murmurs all the same, reluctant to ruin the gossamer moment between them with bloodied nightmares and past actions that still haunt him. “Which just means you have to spend all your time with me instead.” Pinching her side playfully, hoping to distract from the temporary blip of emotion.

“Then as soon as we’re clear, we’ll head straight there. I do have to see Safrin, but it shouldn’t hurt any plans.” Hopefully she will be proud of him for that - how often had she chided him in the past for feeling like he couldn’t take up the Goddess’ time?

Still - all of that can wait. He’s far more interested in what he has in his arms than the decrees of deities. As their legs intertwine he hurts a laugh against her temple, fingertips drawing lazy circles against her hip. “Well, I didn’t have any other intentions honestly, but now that you’ve put the thought in my head...” he trails off with a cheeky, mischievous grin that is only swallowed up by the way he leans over her, hand moving to cup her jaw and tilt her into a kiss. Pulling back only far enough to gaze into Phoebe’s eyes, his own a darkened sapphire. This isn’t their first time, but it feels close enough to it after the time they’d had to spend apart, thinking the other was missing or worse. “This okay?” A heated murmur as his hand trails from Phoebe’s cheek down her neck, featherlight, until it reaches the edge of her dress and hooks there, tugging slightly in indication. If cuddling is all she wants, Harper has no qualms with it. Simply being with her is all he desires. She has certainly had a long day anyway, her denial wouldn’t bother him.
You're out of reach and we're out of time, I take it all and toe that line
You held my hand and pulled me down with you

Messages In This Thread
RE: a martyr on a bridge that's burning down - by Harper - 04-10-2021, 12:59 AM