do not go far from me
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve huffs a soft laugh, the sound only lasting a breath as she nods at his questions, "Yes, that's it. You grew a lot very quickly. That's okay, though. Frey makes sure it's done right." That there weren't any side effects from such a thing. That all the proper developmental things happened. Ever curious, Edmund continues with his questions, letting his curiosity bubble out of him freely, "Frey is a herald. They are one of the Old Gods. They represent a lot of things in our world. Nature and pleasure and a number of other things." Things that Edmund didn't need to worry about right now. Not at this age.

"They change based on who is before them. They don't always look the same, but that's just how they are. Depending on which side of them you're seeking they can act a bit differently, but they value life most importantly." She explained, not letting her own feelings about Frey jade her as she spoke, knowing that her one run in with the herald wasn't the basis of a proper opinion.

The Nightshade fell quiet as Edmund began to recount the few things he recalled. The snow with Ray. Jingle bugs and ice castles. Harper in the garden and the promise of seeing him soon. "We can see him soon. He'd be more than happy to visit." She murmured before letting him continue, swallowing thickly at her nickname for Sunjata, dipping her head in acknowledgement. "That's Mr. Sunjata. He used to be governor here, but he moved to be with his family so he could try not to be so sad anymore." Maeve shifted closer to him, drawing Edmund into her lap as her throat grew tight, tears threatening to prick her eyes. The tell-tale burning already beginning to sting as she attempted to keep them at bay.

She drew in a trembling breath, shaking her head, "I'm afraid not, bug. Papa didn't leave like Safrin did." Maeve began, trying desperately to think of the best way to answer this, not wanting to spoil the few precious memories Edmund had of Locke. There was one thing Maeve knew for certain. Locke loved them. He loved her and he loved their son. Even if he struggled. That never changed. Still, she had no answer for where he went or why he left. Not really. "He loved you very much, my starlight. He wanted to be here with you, but he couldn't stay. Sometimes that happens. The world makes it hard to stay even when you want to." Maeve swallowed thickly against the lump in her throat, tears finally slipping down her cheeks as she held her son close, rocking him gently.
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier

Messages In This Thread
do not go far from me - by Maeve - 09-26-2021, 05:50 PM
RE: do not go far from me - by Edmund - 09-27-2021, 11:57 PM
RE: do not go far from me - by Maeve - 09-28-2021, 12:15 AM
RE: do not go far from me - by Edmund - 10-01-2021, 01:17 PM
RE: do not go far from me - by Maeve - 10-01-2021, 02:58 PM
RE: do not go far from me - by Edmund - 10-03-2021, 04:50 PM
RE: do not go far from me - by Maeve - 10-03-2021, 06:51 PM
RE: do not go far from me - by Edmund - 10-03-2021, 08:25 PM
RE: do not go far from me - by Maeve - 10-03-2021, 08:44 PM