Personal Quest [seasonal event] kindness keep a lonely company
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
Flowerbirth brings a steady stream of customers to her quiet shop, a distraction Amalia welcomes. Left with her own thoughts she spirals and dives, dipping further and further into the dark loneliness which haunts her every step. It is strange, in a time when the world is bursting with life to feel as though they are careening toward disaster, yet the girl cannot shake the feeling that everything is about to change, and perhaps not for the best.

And so in this time of unrest she grasps at constancy, and puts out a notice as her grandmother used to do. Devas Bakery is hosting its annual Fiat Lux preparation party! Come bake, craft, and sing with friends as we ready to welcome Rae! Midday, on the waxing quarter moon. All are welcome.

She'd hesitated over this last part. In her grandmother's days 'all are welcome' meant something else, something subtle and familiar. All did not encompass Them.

But her grandmother would not have welcomed them, and so with a hesitant breath a d shaking hand, Amalia resolves to do so, too.

When noon rises on the fateful day, Amalia stands behind her counter and holds her breath in anticipation. The stations are a little lame, but there: fabric and paint for banners, carefully gathered sticks and moss and flowers for crafting dolls, and of course the biggest station, the counter riddled with bowls of plain dough ready to be flavored and baked into traditional Fiat Lux flat beads, sweet and savory both. She had sent invitations to local vendors in hopes they would lend support, as had once been done in her grandmother's time: Evie, of course, and Remi the alchemist, as well as Samuel and any others who might contribute supplies.

Welcome to the annual Devas Bakery Fiat Lux Preparation Party! Amalia has set up three stations: baking, banners, and flower doll making. Additionally, she has invited anyone who likes to bring their own supplies. There are pots of mint tea and a plate of lavender scones at each station. Please state at the bottom of your post which station you choose to work at!

Baking:
1. Amalia - floating
2. Deimos
3. Jigano
4. Kiada

Doll & Banner making:
1. Rexanna
2. Lily
3. Phoebe

Rounds will be a little different - instead of waiting for everyone, they'll move on independently for each group. That way we don't need to worry about posting order and such in such a large PQ
I tend to avoid getting emotional
I'm not shutting you out
It's just the way I'm born
But I see myself next to you until we're old

Messages In This Thread
[seasonal event] kindness keep a lonely company - by Amalia - 03-28-2019, 03:54 PM