Rock Steady
for Remi
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
It was oddly reassuring that Remi shared his disinterest in returning from whence they had once come. He nodded understanding, even if their reasons had been dissimilar. Neither of them had much to return to, and both had been building lives here, though the alchemist's unfortunate luck with the gods might have been reason enough for him to want to return to somewhere that they would be less meddlesome. His questions were valid, but Jigano shook his head as reassuringly as he could. "Anything is possible with gods, but I don't think that's likely. I can only imagine that it would take immense power to fling us all back through space and time, power that the Voice probably needs to hoard for now, in case of renewed clashes with the Old Gods." He shrugged lightly, but there was an undercurrent of unease at the possibility Remi had raised.

It was a relief when Remi's voice stayed in his ears rather than his head, though his points were valid ones, and reasons that Jigano had forced himself to begin overcoming his phobia of telepathic communication. "It's easier if I'm the one to initiate it," he admitted. "When I can make the choice of it. But... yes, I agree, I will do what I can to become more comfortable with it." Easier with people he trusted, as well, though he didn't say that aloud, not wishing to offend his host. "Though perhaps I will find a new shift under pleasant circumstances?" he suggested wryly. "It would be a nice change of pace, at least."

The success of the glowing mix had Jigano grinning broadly as well, and he pulled out the second geode to set it on the table. "Of course I don't mind. There is something reassuring about the science of the mixture, and it's probably safer not to have to worry about magics from the sentient books interacting with outside spells," he admitted. "Could I ask you to transmute this one to crystal, all in one piece? If you put your mixture into a hole in the top and fill the hollow interior it should make an excellent late-night light for the Hall in the meantime."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Я
"Hmmm." Remi hummed, a sound of wary acknowledgement but not quite acceptance. He wanted to believe the bard's logic, but it was as he himself had said: anything was possible.

The alchemist chuckled and nodded. "I will race you to it. The first one to uncover a shift during a happy situation, wins." It was a jest mostly, though a happy one Remi thought.

Nodding immediately, Remi reached out for the crystal. As his hand touched it, it enveloped the substance within, reforming entirely into a perfect globe. He allowed the perimeter to remain jaded with the crystalline structures so that it didn't appear so magically-interfered with. It wasn't a possible object but...at least it didn't look quite so impossible, either.

"I did not think about the sentient books, that is a good reminder." Remi hummed, nodding to himself as he handed the newly-completed globe to Jigano. The rest would take time of course, but for now, it would serve at least one late night reader well.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"A contest I am happy to participate in!" Jigano agreed with a grin, playing the joke out and deciding he would, in fact, find some small token to give as a 'prize' should one of them find another animal shift lying around somewhere nice for once.

He watched with a mixture of admiration and envy as Remi so easily transmuted the geode into translucent crystal, its shape pleasing and the crystal doing a fine job of catching and spreading the light of the alchemy inside. "Thank you," he spoke sincerely as he took the crystal in hand, slipping it back into the bag so he could carry it more easily. "I am grateful for your time and help with this." Grateful and glad, too, that they had managed a fairly peaceful and even pleasant afternoon. Two in a row? Still technically coincidence, but a third time might mean a shift in their rocky acquaintanceship towards the better, and almost to his surprise the bard found that he wasn't against that at all. "If I can help with anything, please feel free to come by the Hall again." He gave a deep nod of his head, not quite a bow, and swept up his new light for the guild, leaving the other split geode for Remi to experiment on when the time and inspiration struck. The sun was out again, puddles sparkling with reflected glory as Jigano made his way out to the street and the small gryphon waiting for him there, and the pair headed back to the Atheneum with the unexpected prize in tow.