back to basics
Melita
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

please just don't forget me

"You're very welcome. In fact, come to the guildhall whenever you like! You helped to paint it back up, it only seems right that you're welcome on the inside." He smiled across at her, laughing warmly as Fangorn seemed so confused at the attention from him. Ronin winced playfully as Melita succeeded in smearing paint further over herself (he was speckled with it too, though utterly oblivious about it), crouching down to touch up the borders closest to the floor.

They worked like that for a pleasant enough morning, it felt, and when Ronin finally stood back to gaze up at the building, it was like staring at a different guildhall. "This looks fantastic," he said, smiling gratefully to Melita. "Thank you, for all your help. Is there anything I can offer you in return?"
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
Paint-stained and generous, she didn’t expect anything from Ronin after the initial invitations, but more came, allowance to come to the guildhall anytime she wished, welcome on far more than just the threshold. She could feel her eyes widening in surprise and shock, and then instantly beholden and smiling again, one of those vibrant, exuberant beams of light and awe. “Thank you! That’d be wonderful!” To feel welcome again; she didn’t quite have the words to describe the sensation, but it was overwhelming and glorious just the same. Caido had a way of acceptance that was touching and comforting, tranquil and serene in the right circumstances (just not in mobs or tension).

“You’re welcome!” She sparked and kindled again when everything seemed finished and finalized, the touch-ups terrific despite some paint scattered along the ground, herself, and eventually Fangorn too (it didn’t help when he leered so close to her ankles, a dangerous zone beneath a flourishing artiste). As for anything in return, Ronin had already given her enough. An offering of training, open doors to the guild’s building, and an extension to hunt monsters was substantial. Perhaps he was simply one of those people who provided and presented, with no qualms, no regrets. “Oh no, I probably owe you more now!” She laughed, and then placed her paintbrush back into the remnants of hues and colors, letting it rest with the finishing touches. “Do you need anything else done?”
This is a gift, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
And turns me to gold in the sunlight
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"I'm hoping that the doors will be open permanently soon enough, so all the guild members can come and go as they please. Hopefully that means you can drop by whenever you like!" Ronin said brightly, resting his hands on his hips and gazing up at his guildhall with open admiration for all of their hard work. They must have looked like quite the ragtag bunch, stood together all covered in paint - Fangorn included. Glancing down at Melita at the assumption that she owed him anything, Ronin smirked and shook his head.

"I don't think so at all! It's a pleasure to work with you. I'm sure you'll be a great addition to any monster hunt, too." Winking, he moved to take up the mostly empty cans of paint now. "Just a drink of something cold." He chuckled, approaching the guildhall. Opening the doors, he held them open for Melita. "Would you like to join me?"
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
The kindness extended to her here has always been baffling; she wasn’t sure why, because she’d experienced much of the same in Helovia, and then in the Rift. They’d always banded together somehow, someway, striving amidst their struggles, holding onto hopes and dreams when everything seemed to be splintering and fracturing apart. She took those ambitions with her to this world – assisted and helped, and then was guided along by so many individuals. She likely didn’t deserve it – she was too buoyant, too exuberant, too eager – but she wanted so many things at once that it itched and clawed at her movements, at her motions, made her determination sizzle against her spine and her heart. Maybe they all saw that spark, that spirit, that ridiculous nature of hers clambering to the forefront, and instead of maneuvering into her path, they altered it, designed it, for her to grow, for her to prosper.

The generosity was overwhelming, and she had to remember how to breathe after hearing it again and again. Her gratitude was immeasurable, and the youth didn’t think she could truly put it into words.

Join them? In the guildhall? Stop by whenever she liked? Did she merit such appreciation? Her first notion, despite all her boldness and audacity, was to balk and shy away; she wasn’t a worthy part of those fixtures, despite all her plans, all her ruses, all her schemes. She’d split and severed demons when they attacked and assaulted her family, but she’d also cried and sobbed in their wake, desperate and starving for signs of justice. Her features must’ve betrayed her a little, for Fangorn nudged at her ankles and bounded ahead, as if he made to go into the hall with or without her.

Her eyes lifted back to Ronin, and she couldn’t quite fathom her consternation, her apprehension, now of all times.

Perhaps she didn’t want to disappoint them, when she wasn’t good enough, when they discovered that despite all of her potential, training, and resolve, she couldn’t quite measure up.

She thought about hanging her head and retreating, coming back when she became more experienced, when she was wiser, when she was braver – but then that damned gourd kept hustling forward, embracing every inch of her previous, bold expanse, and she nodded her consent, inhaling the emblems and banners. She hoped Ronin wouldn’t regret the invitations. “Sure!” She visibly brightened, marked and outlined by paint along her face, following close behind.
This is a gift, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
And turns me to gold in the sunlight
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

He arched an eyebrow as she seemed to stumble over his invitation in her mind, Ronin standing with the door ajar for Melita in an offer that would be open-ended, even if she didn't decide to take him up on it today. The guildmaster was about to say something along the lines of her not having to come inside if she didn't feel like it right now when the little gourd bounced forth, causing a smile to flicker across his face. It seemed Fangorn had decided even if his mistress had not, and when Melita finally piped up, Ronin nodded to her amicably.

"Wonderful," he said, waiting for her to enter before following behind. Given that they were both the type to search out adventure, it likely wouldn't be a quiet afternoon. The addition of a baby dragon in the rafters who would be very curious about Fangorn would only make things more interesting too, undoubtedly.