Trinkets and Baubles
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Jiao had not always been the most devout of the Fae. She'd prayed to the Gods at festivals or when she really wanted something, but usually was content to let them lead their lives while she led hers. There was no need for the two to come together, she thought.

But with the loss of the barrier and the sudden influx of people in the wildwood, the exploration she'd done and new (plain, ugly) faces she'd seen...for the first time in life, she was unsure. Unsure of what to do. Was she to continue life as it always had been in Sidhe? That seemed to be what a lot of Fae wanted to do. Stay gated, stay far away, fight off the Outlanders with sticks (quite literally). Or was she to go and talk to these newly revealed people? Make a bridge?

It was not often she had a thought so distracting it took her away from her work, but this one had. Before the shrine she scattered several bright glass gems, coloured in reds, blues, purples...every hue she could find. The gems made soft tinkly noises as they fell down between the statues and she crossed her legs mid-air, looked at the shrine.

"My offering is stones, really pretty ones. I haven't got a lot of purples left, so there's only one of those, but you have two of every other colour...anyway. I...can I talk to someone? About what's going on now?"
Jiao
And we'll dance on the ceiling
With everything, everything, everything we can

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Laughter, bright and jubilant crested over the shrine and through the trees.

The baubles Jiao had offered suddenly shook slightly and then jumped into the air, held up by unseen hands. The laughter rose, the stones suddenly juggled invisibly but expertly. As they whirled, they began to change shape and composition, and soon diamonds of all colours had replaced the offerings.

Only now there was one extra purple one.

Softly the wind and the laughter died away, and all went back to how it was.