25 God-Becoming Tips You Must See To Believe!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"No Gods at all..perhaps it is simpler that way." Bastien mused, though he suspected had Northaven continued eventually Gods would have found their way into the society. Real or not, Gods seemed to be a part of the life experience that was nearly universal among all Outlanders he'd met.

Bastien let his fingers trail to his neck at the mention of The Voice, wondering if Ronin had noticed his transformation since the last time they had spoken. The metal moon there was almost comforting to him now that he was struggling to get The Voice to speak to him at a shrine, a reminder that she had left the mark on him because he was special, because he had been wanted.

"Stronger? So you have not finished your transformation! I am almost scared to be near you in case you become wrapped in holy flame." He illustrated this with a dramatic wave of his hand, then drank a healthy amount of wine. "Have you noticed that I have undergone my own changes? Perhaps not such a complete Ascension as you, but one nonetheless."
Bastien
I'm every cliche, but I simply do it best
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving
"Perhaps so... People felt less inclined to look to anyone else for help, put it that way," Ronin murmured, ruffling a hand through his dark hair and sipping at his wine again now that he didn't have to concentrate so hard. He could only offer a lighthearted chuckle to Bastien at his remarks about him growing stronger, Ronin shrugging his shoulders to the other man. "Apparently! I hope I don't end up with anything flame-related. I'm unsure that I can be trusted."

Something different about the artist, though? Ronin drummed his fingers gently on the desk as he tried to figure it out, tilting his head. He did look different. The word Ascension was what did it, Ronin's blue eyes widening. "An Ascended?" he asked, both surprised and intrigued. "That is quite the change from your previous church. How is it treating you?"
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

"More so than the flames in your eyes, you mean?" Bastien asked, unable to stop the easy flirting. It was so automatic when there was candlelight and alcohol and an attractive man before him, though if it developed into anything he knew he would stop it for his relationship with Rexanna; which was an odd thing for him to know.

When had he become so...normal? Willing to commit?

Perhaps it was to do with age.

He waited with a smirk as Ronin tried to work out what was different. When he said the word 'Ascended' Bastien nodded and pointed at his teeth, a grin showing them off. "Ah, well. Lady Safrin and I had quite the argument. So I decided to go elsewhere for my Divine goals, and The Voice has given me more than I could have asked for in a much shorter time. There are...disadvantages, but so many wonderful things about it. She is much easier to speak to, as well."

Sipping at his wine, Bastien was quiet for a moment. "..I do hope Safrin and The Voice do not mind their followers mingling over a drink. I would not like to cause both of our smitings for a simple glass of wine."
Bastien
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
"Well, I don't think that counts as a godly power - but yes, more so than that." Ronin grinned and fluttered his eyelashes dramatically, before taking another sip of his wine. Arching an eyebrow as Bastien went so far as to reveal his fangs, Ronin couldn't deny that he was curious about it. He'd never really gotten an opportunity to get very close to an Ascended, after all.

An argument with Safrin, though... his brow furrowed at that, Ronin itching at the stubble on his chin. "A shame," he lamented. "But I think as long as you are content with the path you have decided to follow, I have nothing but admiration for you. And I would hope that our respective patrons would appreciate our candor, and our willingness to speak with kindness to one another." He winked.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

"You mean that spark is not divine? Ah Ronin, with the added power of a God you will ruin marriages!" Bastien teased, smirking.

Ronin assured him that they were fine to talk to each other (Bastien had intended to continue anyway. He had no intentions of letting any God truly stop him from what he wanted) and he went to go sit down again, having calmed down from his previous excitement of seeing Ronin produce another of himself, though he was sure that thrill would come back to him later.

"So...when you came from your world, ah...Northaven? Did you ever imagine yourself becoming anything close to a God? It seems quite the change. What a few months you have had." Both the horrendous and the awe-inspiring had happened to Ronin in recent memory. Bastien knew how elavating that could be; and how devestating.

"You are living with Remi, yes? How is he treating you? Well, I hope."
Bastien
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"For shame, Bastien! I would never want to ruin a marriage." Ronin said, playfully aghast as though the power he wielded was some wild and dangerous thing. It was good to talk to the artist, newly Ascended or otherwise (and was it really that new? Ronin didn't know), and he rose to his feet so he could fetch more wine and top up their glasses. "Hmm...? Northaven...? Heh, not really." He grinned. "Back there I was a simple soldier avoiding work like it was the plague. I don't know when responsibility and valour crept up on me, but it was certainly not a conscious choice."

Tipping his glass to the other man in a casual toast, Ronin took a slower sip this time - which was good, because it gave him time to look teasingly offended without choking on his wine. "I'll have you know that Remi is living with me." He smirked. "And I treat him wonderfully."

Scoffing and shaking his head, Ronin levelled his eyes on Bastien. "How are things with you, anyway? How is business?"
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

"Ah, the humble soldier. The perfect character for a story of ascension to the great divine. It could not be better as fiction." Bastien mused, returning the toast then drinking, wishing he could taste the wine just a little bit more.

Ronin corrected Bastien's language about the nature of his living arrangments and he laughed, held up his hands to show he understood the errors of his ways. "I see. You know, when you were ah...dead, I told Remi I thought it a shame you two had not resolved your rather clear tension. Have you bridged that gap? I feel the whole town may be relieved." He laughed, nudging Ronin.

"Business? Oh, no. I have begun a new venture. A guild, not for profit or any personal gain, just a place for artists. And this time, no Gods, at all." He tapped his temple. "That is the smart way to do it."
Bastien
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"If I'm not careful, I feel I'll find fiction written about me before long," Ronin remarked playfully, rolling his eyes at Bastien but seeming unable to wipe the smile off his face. He had missed his friends, he realised - missed being able to feel carefree, too. Perhaps dying and coming back had been just the thing he needed to get back on track. Settling back in his chair, Ronin raised an eyebrow at the mention of the conversation that had taken place between Remi and Bastien.

He snorted and shook his head. "The tension is as resolved as it can be, I'd say," he murmured, saying more than he could have with words. "Remi and I are not romantically involved though, if that is what you're saying. He's the best friend I have in Caido."

Intrigued by the sound of this new guild, Ronin didn't bother to hide his smirk at hearing that his friend was leaving well enough alone when it came to gods. "A very, very wise decision," he remarked. "I might have to commission some more work to decorate this place!"
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

"Oh no! How have you discovered my book? It was my entertainment on the evenings." Bastien laughed through his mock surprise, feeling too silly to really commit after the glee of finding Ronin still alive.

The tension was resolved? He raised an eyebrow. Had Remi and Ronin finally reached the natural conclusion of their relationship and made the love he was sure the whole town had imagined at this point? Why had there not been a chorus of angels? It seemed Ronin did not want to spill the details though, so Bastien just sipped at his wine. "You choose well. He is a good man, if a little...innocent. Trusting."

"I would welcome any commissions. You would have to actually pay, of course. You only get one death freebie." He laughed, looking to the portraits. "Perhaps you can bring me the skin of some great beast. Stuffed, it might make a wonderful entrance piece for my guild."
Bastien
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"A lucky guess, my friend, that is all." Ronin grinned wickedly, tilting his glass at the other man and sipping at his wine. "I am very flattered, I assure you. You'll have to come and give a recital of it one evening." Whilst his amusement did not fade, the look in his blue eyes did become a touch softer as conversation turned to Remi, and the guildmaster nodded in agreement.

"Yes," he echoed Bastien's sentiment. "Something that has burned him in the past, too. But... I don't know that it would be better if he were more reserved. That nature is part of what makes him a good man."

So if he had to remain trusting and too open to the bad and manipulative things in life... well, Ronin would have to be there to punch those things in the face.

He seemed to light up at the thought of bringing Bastien a beast pelt or something similar for his Artist's Sanctuary, Ronin nodding enthusiastically. "Oh, but certainly. The first will even be on the house, given my death freebie from you."
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

Bastien grinned at the idea of reciting his smutty fanfiction at the Monster Hunter's guild. Nothing that he wouldn't actually do, of course, if such a book existed; he would put his best efforts in to make the performance entertaining, with gestures to really get across the points.

He nodded at the assessment of Remi. He wished he could be so innocent, in a way. So willing to trust. He had been, once, but too many betrayals and failures had taught him to go through the world with a smirk but hard on the inside, not trusting anyone until they earned it and even then expecting a knife in his back at any moment.

Nostalgic thoughts aside, he was quite pleased to hear of a free pelt. Clapping his hands together, he reached for his glass and lifted it. "Thank you, my friend. Thank you very much indeed."

He stayed for a while then, drinking and being merry, until he took his leave in the early hours of the morning. The benefit of being an Ascended and a Demi-God was that neither of them needed much sleep, if any at all.
Bastien