Personal Quest we are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lily
women are like tricks by sleight of hand
which, to admire, we should not understand
It was a no-go on a piano from the Gods, which Lily had to admit, was some sort of fantasy anyway. Would have been a cool story though, anytime anyone sat down to play at it, she could have said they were paying some sort of homage to Frey, or whomever.

Well, perhaps that was the real problem. She hadn’t chosen any God in particular, so it is likely difficult to persuade anyone to pay attention to her.

That’s alright, she has plenty of mortal attention to choose from. And this time, she’s hoping to find a bunch of well-built, eventually sweaty, preferably handsome (but she’s not picky right now, just needs the labor) men to help her put her entertainment haus together. She has the wood from Arthur to make a stage, a smaller sized, abandoned house picked out, some tools and nails… and lots of cool water for refreshments. No one can say she doesn’t take care of her helpers.

The morning dawns bright and early and Lily hauls all her stuff to the little house, throwing open the doors and shutters and letting the sunshine in. Dust specks float everywhere, there are a few animals nests in the corners and some bones, too. She’s happy to sweep and clean, but there’s a hole in the roof to repair and the beginnings of a bar to make. And while the redhead is damn good at pounding things, she doesn’t have the technical know-how to make sure everything is secure and ship-shape.

So she waits a little bit, and hopes a couple of her acquaintances will show up.

--------------

This is a PQ to set up Balfour's House of Revelries! 3-4 people needed. She's hoping for men, but please don't let that stop you. Ladies welcome too ;)

1. Lucas
2. Bastien
3. Rexanna
4. Remi

Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Lucas
clever as the devil and twice as pretty
Dawn. Sunshine. Manual labour.

If it had been anyone but Lily, Lucas would have told them to go fuck themselves and hide away until it got a little less combustible for his liking. But he supposed if he was inside it wouldn't be too bad - which explained why he turned up and walked straight into the little establishment she had chosen. Spotting her instantly (she was hardly difficult to miss), he pushed down the wide hood on his coat and greeted her with a shallow bow, a smirk curling across his lips.

"One would think you were trying to kill me, Miss Balfour," he drawled, though there was a playfulness in his eyes that suggested he could bear with it, so long as she made it worth his while. "I have a background in security, so once your place is up and running, should you need someone to mind the doors on those long and lonely nights, I would be happy to help. In the meantime, though, I am yours."
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
Admittedly, showing up to your once-church post-fake death was probably in bad taste. But Bastien still felt a sort of sense of duty to his old followers and especially to Lily, whom he had found and helped when she had appeared in the world. Besides, her mission was one he could definitely get behind. More entertainment venues was never something to complain about.

He approached the door and knocked confidently, not knowing quite what he'd say upon entry. As it turned out, it was simply: "Hello! I've come to help. What a wonderful operation you are beginning here!"
You standing beside me
I'm going to push back, push back, push back
With every word and every breath
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
REXANNA
paint my spirit gold
The fiery redhead, Lily, was someone that over time had considered to be a friend of hers. No longer acquaintances but someone Rexanna could go and speak to for anything; likewise she hoped that Lily felt the same. They had quite a fun time making the banners for Fiat Lux, and she remembered as she skipped along the stone streets toward the old Church of Safrin, the way Lily’s voice had soothed the bees and kept them calm enough to not attack. In fact, she thought Lily might have hypnotized then somehow — gods knew Rexanna had been captivated in her own right by her friends voice. So when she heard that Lily needed some help, she made a point to attend.

What she hadn’t expected, was Bastien to be outside the door willing and ready to help Lily as well. Sneaking up behind him the best she could, Rexanna grinned before leaning forward toward him. “Hello there handsome!” She chimed near his shoulder, mostly because she was too short to reach his ear. With her grin, she moved to stand beside Bastien and also offer a lighter knock on the door. “I'm here to help too!” She called to those beyond the door, waiting to see a bright fiery woman with a voice of saints.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i never had nobody and no road home
"Ah, but if it isn't the lovely couple." Remi chimed from behind Bastien and Rexanna, a bright and sunny smile on his face. Since both Ronin and Ianto had returned to his life, the alchemist was slowly falling back into the man he had once been. The man who smiled all the way to his bones, who laughed easily, and who didn't hide the things on his mind.

Slowly he was becoming that man...though not all the way.
Not yet.

not...

Remi's pale stare fell upon Lucas and a coolness softened his features, his brows knitting slightly. Lucas and the mask. Ludo and his lost memories. He had no conclusive proof but...who else could it have been? Rubbing at the skin above his heart, Remi shook himself slightly. It was still his fault for leaving the mask unattended. For telling a stranger about it. And so, swallowing down the rising animosity he so badly wanted to plunge into, Remi flashed Lily a smile.

"I hope I am not too late to help?"
i wanna be somebody to someone

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Lily
First Lucas appears in the doorway, and Lily cannot stay the delight that springs up, keenly aware that being here with her, fully awake, is a small sacrifice for the devilishly handsome man. Propping her broom up against a wall, she sashays towards him and pulls him inside, offers a demure kiss on the cheek for his efforts. “You sure you want to get into the habit of protecting me, Mr. Copperhead?” she teases gently. There is a look behind her eyes that suggests she wouldn’t say no, that with the way things were going, it was likely to be worth both their whiles… on the stage, the bar, the floor, the stools.

But she is interrupted by another knock and a familiar voice. She swings to one side of Lucas and finds Bastien there as well, which is utterly surprising. She is unaware of the tension between the two Ascended men, indeed - she doesn’t even known Bastien has become an Ascended. Nevertheless, she is a gracious hostess and offers the man a hug and a warm welcome. “Bastien! What a surprise! Please, come in. Happy to have your help.” And she is, truly.

He blocks the approach of Rexanna, and it isn’t until she hears the lovely woman’s voice that Lily even knows she’s there. “Rexanna?” she says with a trill of joy. Once her head appears, Lily’s hands clap together and she grins. “Oh, thank you, dear!”

The would-be-entertainer is about to pull the two of them into the room to join Lucas when Remi pops up, making them a solid team of five. Stepping to one side, she laughs and gestures for the three of them to come on in, storing away the information about the ‘couple’ for later, and giving the alchemist a fond, grateful squeeze on the arm. “Of course not, Remi. How very kind of you to come and help.” Blithely oblivious to anything that’s gone on between the three four helpers, Lily lets them mingle amongst themselves for a moment while she pours them some water and makes mental notes about who might be best suited for doing what.

The house is smallish, and all one room. A fireplace is built into the wall at one end, and one of the long side of walls has windows in it. There’s a trap door leading to a cellar and cold storage area by the fireplace, but what she likes the most is the lovely candle-bearing, ornate chandelier hanging from the ceiling. It gives the place a feeling of real potential.

“Once again, thank you all for coming! I certainly can’t do it all myself. Now, there’s a hole in the ceiling that needs to be repaired - Remi, do you think you can manage that?” She points up to the roof with a hopeful expression. “There’s a big pile of wood outside, enough for that and the beginnings of a stage, I believe. Bastien and Luc, could you begin to tackle the stage? I’d love for it to be slightly raised, maybe with a step or two. Just against the back wall there. Taking up maybe a third of the room.” She walks back to the area and gestures heights and dimensions, illustrating her idea.

That leaves Rexanna. “And could you help me do a thorough deep clean of the place?” It clearly needs it, and will be just as sweaty and dirty as any of the other tasks. “Any questions?” she asks the group with open hands.
-----------------------

Boys: Outside you should find an assortment of hammers, nails, and a large stack of wood already cut roughly to size. How convenient! There is also a ladder, some gloves, and a rusty saw, just in case.

Girls: Cleaning materials are inside. Buckets, rags, brushes, brooms, and lots of soap.
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Lucas
"I never do anything unless I am sure of it, pet." Lucas grinned, accepting the kiss to his cheek and letting her hand graze across the curve of her hip, just ever so slightly. Before he could do any more, however, Lily's attention turned to the rest of their apparently rag-tag group, and oh, Lucas's eyes practically lit up at the sight of them. At the sight of all three of them. He listened carefully to their hostess's instructions, nodding agreeably and sweeping away already to get the materials needed for the stage.

"How fortunate. I was responsible for making the stage at the Artist's Sanctuary, as well. Come, Bastien - you were quite impressed with my work last time, if I remember rightly. Let me show you how it's done."
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
Lily welcomed him with a hug, something that surprised the artist - he had thought from her attitude at the funeral and her overtaking of his building she would have been...awkward around him at the least. But not one to question good fortune when it came, he returned the hug. "It is an honourable endeavour. I am happy to help."

As Bastien's eyes landed on Lucas they hardened, his jaw immediately setting his mouth into a stiff straight line. He would not bring up their fight here, not when there were other matters at hand, but he made no secret of his contempt. Especially when Rexanna entered; he took her hand and held it tight, a nervous glance toward the devil in the room. He would not hurt her again.

And just his luck, he was paired to work with him.

With a heavy sigh, he let go of Rexanna's hand, though whispered: "Be careful" in her ear before following Lucas outside. As he did and they approached the tools he watched him speak as he gave out a long, frustrated sigh. "Look. I will work with you. But talk to me only of the work, or we will have problems."

Once his warning was given he took a few planks and brought them in, began to construct a stage, something he had done many, many times in the past. Setting down planks to make the base, making it a decent height, he took out nails held in his lips and began to hammer it together.
You standing beside me
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"I can indeed." Remi agrees with a grin. With a lingering glance towards Lucas as he and Bastien set off, Remi shifts easily to fly to the top of the roof. Testing the weight out to make sure it will hold him, he gingerly shifts back, prepared at any moment to take flight again. It seems to hold well enough (save for the giant hole, of course), which makes the alchemist's task much easy.

It is times like these that his magic proves invaluable. There is no need to bother with boards or nails or hammers (as Bastien and Lucas appear to be doing below). Instead, the alchemist can merely imagine the roof into place. Slowly boards appear, coaxed with equal parts transmutation and creation magic. The hole slowly begins to be filed and reinforced, and the roofing tiles are quickly added to ensure that the weather outside won't be a factor.

Satisfied with his repair, Remi flies back down and now enters through the door. Standing beneath where the hole had been, the alchemist reaches up to do some last minute transmutation to completely heal where the openiong had once been.

Coding base by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
REXANNA
paint my spirit gold
Much to Rexanna’s surprise, a familiar voice piped up behind her – turning her head over her shoulder, she flashed Remi a brilliant grin in response, surprised to see his own grin just as large. She was happy for him, pleased that he had found happiness from wherever it may be. But soon enough, they had all huddled into the room, and Rexanna’s gaze slipped from Lily (bright and cheerful) to Lucas, to which she acknowledged with cool aloofness. Luckily for her, Lily’s voice cuts in and is directed to her, and she nods her head in agreement. “I wouldn’t have missed it.” She piped up with a quite dip of her head and grin.

Bastien held her hand tight, and she offered him a small smile of comfort (still having not told him about Lucas and her encounter previously, too many things had happened since then). He didn’t need to worry for her, she would do just fine with Lily and Remi in accompaniment with Bastien. There was nothing to be concerned about on her end. She squeezed his hand gently as Lily gave her instructions, as though it would quell whatever worries burrowed their way into his chest. And then Bastien was gone, outside with Lucas and Remi.

Slipping up toward Lily, Rex offered her a bright grin. “Deep clean. Got it.” She announced, slipping toward the items they’d need to clean. First, Rexanna decided to grab a few rags to clean the walls with and any shelving. It didn’t do any good to clean the floors and then the walls, chances were they’d have to clean the floor again! So she settled on cleaning the walls and dusting all the items and shelving, doing a thorough cleaning with the soap and rags until the walls shined brilliantly. Then, when she had finished that, she slipped toward the items again to grab a broom and small dustpan and set about cleaning the floors and making piles of dirt.

How have you been Lily? I haven’t seen you since Fiat Lux. You look wonderful, by the way.” She said cheerfully, making small talk to make the time go by faster.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:
Lily
Lucas calls her pet, and for the first time in their sexually loaded interactions, something in her violently recoils. Oh no. Oh hell no. She’s been called that before and it’s never led anywhere good; it brings to mind powerplays and mind games and even Lucas’s words before the fireplace during LongNight. She stiffens but keeps a smile on her face, making a mental note to deal with it later.

Luckily for her, no one seems to have a problem with the assignments, and as the men head outside to gather wood and tools, she turns her attention to her own task and Rexanna. While the graceful lady takes water and soap to the walls, Lily turns her attention to the windows, scrubbing away the grime and dust until the water in the bucket turns grey. Fetching clean water for the both of them, she returns with a damp skirt tied up above her knees and a slightly frustrated expression on her face.

“Oh I’ve been just fine. Trying to sort this place out and figure out what the fuck I want to do here - as in here she gestures to the space around her, “and here, in Caido.” Grabbing a broom, she approaches a particularly large bundle of sticks and other bramble in the corner. How it got in there is a mystery. “How about you? Are you and Bastien…?”

But she’s cut off with a little shriek as the stick bundle turns out to be several little spherical things huddled together and they lash out towards the broom, latching on to the straw end and starting to climb up the handle. The broom slips out of her hands and clatters to the floor as she takes a step back.

What she doesn’t notice is the smell of smoke drifting in from outside.
---------------------
Lily and Rexanna have encountered a misplaced Tangleweed! How will they get rid of it?

A flinthopper has set the woodpile outside on fire. Remi, Bastien and Lucas, please help save the building materials!
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
Lucas
Thing was, hell no played exactly to Lucas's natural state. So, whether or not he noticed the smile falter on Lily's face, the Ascended was as cocksure as always. Tsking at Bastien and rolling his eyes as if to tell the other man that he was being thoroughly overdramatic, he set to work gathering and stacking the wood. And it was all going swimmingly, too, until some nasty little creature decided that their materials would make a fine bonfire.

He cursed under his breath, taking a few wary steps back as flames licked up the woodpile and smoke began to billow; the shadows cast by the sunlight and the fire gathered about him protectively. "Well, this is far from ideal," he remarked, glancing about for some water or something that they might use to smother the flames. Not that he wanted to get too close - instead, he worked on moving the wood that was still intact away from the burning pile.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
Bastien found himself quite absorbed in the work of making the stage. It was nice to simply throw something together from rough wood and materials, not have to fiddle with tiny detailing or complex expressions. He could sand and fix later, but for now he just had to make a general sha-

He frowned as the smell of smoke reached into his dulled nose, looked back. Through the door he could see Lucas looking uncharacteristically worried about something. Suspicious Bastien stood and walked outside, staying in the shadows as he turned to see flames consuming the pile of wood set out for their tasks. "Lucas...how...?" He asked, mostly just confusion in his voice rather than annoyance. (Though also, a little annoyance).

Rushing back into the room, he looked about for something and his eyes fell on the water Rexanna was using to clean. He walked over and gently lifted the bucket. "I just need to borrow this." He assured calmly, then ran to the door and threw it out over the flames, hoping it would be enough to quell them.
You standing beside me
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Hearing the commotion, Remi ran to the outside in time to see Lucas doing...something, probably, and Bastien racing by to grab a bucket of water. With a hasty inhale of breath, the alchemist reached out with his magic to grab at the lit pieces of wood. Rising them and spreading them to try and pull apart the combined fuel source, he glanced towards Bastien.

"If there is any water left, I can make it easier to pour on this way." He murmured. As for the rest, he reached into the dry soul and dumped it on top of the remaining pieces of wood, hoping to smother the flames entirely.

Coding base by Sky!