Falling slowly
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Яemi
you're every song that fills my mind

"Not maliciously, but I do not think you can just use someone like that." Remi countered, shaking his head. "And what plenty of men do is not the point. Emmett might not want children now, but you nearly forced it upon him. You are right that he could have walked away and is not obligated, but I think we both know that is not the type of man he is. He would be obligated." The fact that he was raising his younger siblings was evidence enough of that.

With a sigh Remi smoothed down her hair, wrapping an arm around her and gently tracing patterns on her back with his fingertips.

"I am too. I did not mean to sound cross. Back in Northaven...back when I was trying to hide my affections towards men, there was a woman I was dating. Normally when it came to sex I found easy ways around ahh....shall we say hiding the fact I was not particularly aroused by her, but making her satisfied just the same. One day though she slipped something into my drink and that night when we were together, not only was my mind hazy but my body was seemingly free of its normal reservations." Remi did his best to talk around the awkwardness of the subject without drawing too much attention to it, the sufficient somber context making that a bit easier. "She said in the morning that she wanted a baby, and that she wanted it to be mine, but that I needn't have anything to do with the child's life if I did not want it. On the one hand it is my fault for not being honest with her I suppose, though in Northaven I am not sure what else I could have done. But on the other, even though I very much did not want a child with her, I would not have left it. I would have stayed and loved the child, but it would not have been what I wanted."

Running a hand through his curls, cheeks suddenly tinged with shocking pink, Remi sighed. "I am not saying you are like her or that you tricked Emmett. Just...that is why I reacted so strongly."

At the mention of someone other than Sam, Remi just chuckled. "Loren is not bad enough?" He said with a rueful grin. "No, it is not that...it...when Sam found out that Ludo took my memories of him, that we would have to start over, he..." Even now, it hurt to think about, and the alchemist let his head tip back and rest against the back of the couch for a moment as he closed his eyes. "He left me a note saying our time together had been educational, and that though he loved me, he did not want to obligate us further...he went to the Voice and had her take all of his memories of me. All that we were, just....gone." He said sadly.

Table base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
"I think it is a pretty big jump to say I used him just because I was lackadaisical about preventing a pregnancy." she said, her eyebrows furrowing. "I didn't sleep with him because I wanted to get pregnant, I did it because I really like him and it felt right in the moment." she said, her cheeks reddening slightly. She had been careless, yes, but she hadn't used Emmett to get a baby. Simply when that fate came to pass due to carelessness, she had been happy to have it.

Phoebe listened quietly as he spoke, trying not to get offended at the comparison. But he was quick to qualify that it was merely an explanation of his criticism, not his feelings towards her per se. "I will be more careful." she promised quietly, deciding it best to let the argument die where it was. He had said his piece. She had said hers. In the end, nothing was going to change, as all they argued about remained in the past. Going forward, she knew it would take time for her body to fully recover, she knew she and Emmett needed time to fully sort things out, it really was for the best. But she would always mourn this child, even knowing that it would have been difficult had she been able to bring them to the world whole.

She smiled a little at his jest about Loren, who she had very strong opinions about. But as he explained how things had fallen apart with Sam she frowned, hugging him a little tighter. "I'm sorry, Remi. Sam..." she sighed and shook her head. "You didn't deserve that. But...maybe it is for the best. You deserve someone with the strength to stick through hard times, not someone who is going to run at the first hurdle they encounter." she said encouragingly.
Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost
There are bridges you cross
You didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still, why am I not happier?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Яemi

"Well, you cannot just make a child on your own." The alchemist said with a shrug. Perhaps used had a rather negative connotation, but still he thought it was fitting. Even so, it was not his place to lecture her, especially on a subject of which she was clearly the expert. So instead he just nodded, bit the inside of his lip and fell silent.

Wrapping his fingers around her shoulders and lacing them together, Remi hummed a soft note of agreement. "Yes...you are not the first to think so." He agreed slowly. "But...I do think that I loved him. Even if I do not remember it now, there is something inside of me that remembers. An emptiness that knows not what it needs, but knows that something is gone." Frowning and shaking his head, the alchemist let his cheek press against the top of Phoebe's head. "Trying to heal a heart that doesn't remember being broken is...well..." Gently he shrugged his shoulders.

He didn't really know what it was.

Table base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe sighed into Remi’s shoulder. He seemed determined to have the last word on this topic. ”I know.” she said quietly. ”It won’t happen again.” She knew Emmett certainly was going to be a lot more careful – and she was too. She did recognize the hardship she would have faced had she had a child now. But it did not make her yearning for children any less. It did not make her feel more content that the timing of her miscarriage had in some ways been a blessing. Nothing would really help.

”It’s hard.” she said quietly, looking up at Remi with a slight frown. ”I know it’s very hard what you are going through.” She had not gone through it herself, but she could empathize. She could put herself in his shoes and recognize how difficult the situation was. ”It is hard too, to love someone who isn’t ready to be loved and love back with the same fullness you are. That really might be the root of his problem. You are both better off then apart, while he continues to work on himself to be ready for a relationship, and while you find someone who is already at your level.” she said with a small smile.
Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost
There are bridges you cross
You didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still, why am I not happier?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Яemi

Remi smiled gently and nodded. Her words should have been soothing really, a clear answer to the problem, a way forward. But instead, the alchemist merely felt a strange sort of hollowness. Not the same as he'd felt when his love for Loren had been taken, but something somehow richer, because it was learned and full. There had been something there, and now there was not, and even though Ianto had reappeared back in his life, still there were things broken in the alchemist that, as corny as it was, time could probably only fix.

"Yes, you are probably right." Remi said with a non-committal sort of shrug, sighing into Phoebe's long hair.

Table base by Sky!