with a reverence unimpaired
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 28 - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
DELAH
"Yes. Your people will make fine offerings." Delah replied without so much as a flinch.

Moss-eyes watch the girl stroke the starlit creature and something inside of Delah hardens with jealousy. It makes her chin raise slightly and her nostrils flare. "What it means?" The chieftess repeats with a laugh. "What it means for you does not matter for us, or to us. Remember it is you who has been locked away. We have been members of this world and watched how your people broke it, how they made themselves into gods and how you were locked inside that barrier with them.

What it means is that perhaps you have been given a second chance, but we want nothing to do with the vengance you have wrought upon yourselves."
In places deep
With roots entwined
I live the life I left behind
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

"Offerings?" It is half a question, half a demand, hoarsely whispered into the air. "Offerings for what?"

As Delah continues Amalia feels her hackles raise, ire rising with every word. Aware of the change in her bonded's emotions, Jyoti clicks a series of concerned notes, escaping to once more circle the pair, soothing stardust in her path. They are both her saviors now, the only things she knows in the absence of her family, and the starwhale's innocent affection has a strange effect on the girl. Confused yet calmer, she leans back against the tree, not sure what to do except drop her head in her hands and scream.

She manages half of that. "You're right," she says through slender fingers, deep voice dark with exhaustion, frustration. "We were locked in there with the New Gods, and we were supposed to keep them contained, and we failed." She lets her head fall further, fingers twining into gold hair, her tone heavy with self-consternation and regret.

Raising her head slightly, she looks back at Delah. "I don't know what to say to convince you. You're looking out for your people, and I'm looking out for mine. But we are not our ancestors. We did not make their mistakes."

Amalia
Her eyes, they know too much.
She'll treat you like somebody but you just can't touch.
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
DELAH
"The creatures of the forest." Delah replies cooly.

Fire roars in her mind as well, though is doused almost immediately by the circle of light emanating in the wake of the starwhale's flight. Delah hates it, this magic. Anger is one of her greatest weapons but after the magic used to help rescue the creature from its fall, she doesn't have the strength to fight against it.

"What do you want, a pat on the back? Go live your life anew. Make new mistakes and don't make old ones. The penalty for their ignorance is their lives. The woods demand a sacrifice, such is the nature of this place."
In places deep
With roots entwined
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

Obstinance met with obstinance is rarely a healthy match, and it is the only the magic ministrations of the whale which keep Amalia from collapsing into tears, though whether from frustration or exhaustion would be hard to say. Has she not been clear in her guilt, the weight of the mistakes that rides on her shoulder, weighing her down until she might drown? "I want to learn from the old mistakes, so we don't repeat them. And from the new ones, too. I don't know how the world works, so teach me, so I can keep my people from breaking it again."

My people- as though she has any say. How bizarre, that the anxious baker who lives in loneliness should find herself in position of emissary, trying to fix a mistake she tried so desperately not to make. But here she is, staring down a magical creature and standing at the precipice of disaster or alliance, utterly lost as to how to tread. What would her mother say, to see her here?

"I won't let you sacrifice my friends. There has to be another way."

Amalia
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
DELAH
“We are not part of that history.” Delah replies sternly. “Your mistakes and the lessons you will learn do not concern us, nor is it my job to teach you anything.” She continued through softly clenching teeth. “The rules are clear. Stay out of our woods and away from our Village.”

The mention of sacrifice merely draws a shrug from Delah. “You are not in a position to bargain. You have nothing I want. Besides, you don’t get to just wave away mistakes because of your ignorance. The woods demand a sacrifice and one will be had. “
In places deep
With roots entwined
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

"Where were the fae, when it all happened?" Endlessly curious, Amalia cannot help but pry, digging deeper at the woman who seems so keen to keep her out. It feels as though they are going in circles, Amalia pushing and Delah evading, and something in the girl hardens, challenged, refusing to give. "Where were your people, when the New Gods rose up against the Old?"

Her frown deepens at this simplified set of rules, and the Attuned shakes her head. "Unless you are Ianto. Or have been adopted by a starwhale. And even then, nobody will tell you. The rules are decidedly not clear."

Arms crossed across her chest, Amalia's frown hardens to a glare. "What in the woods demands a sacrifice? And what would you sacrifice, if you didn't have us?" She will not let Kiada be scarified (or Adam, but he is lower on her list of cares right now). It does not matter what the fae woman thinks. There has to be another way.

Amalia
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
DELAH
"Here. In our Woods." Delah replies, a touch of pride in her voice. "In our Woods." She repeats coldly. "It was a war between "gods"—" The quotation marks were practically audible as she sniffed disdainfully.

"Ianto is not your concern. Would you prefer I revoke your safe passage out? I can do that if you like, starwhale or no." Delah grins, though it looks more like she is baring her teeth. "It is called the tulmhainar." The word rolls off of Delah's tongue like a piece of driftwood into a lake, or a bit of flint into a fire. She grins.

"There are always sacrifices. My people will do, if it is necessary. Though the tulmhainar prefers that its food are not fae-born." Delah continues, her grin widening. "So curious." She notes, stepping forward now, eyes narrowed and her chin tilted up to look at Amalia despite the height difference.

"I can show you to the tulmhainar, if you like. Though with one whiff of you, I am sure it will not let you go." She added with a feline grin.
In places deep
With roots entwined
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

"The tulmhainar." Amalia fumbles over the word, just as she has fumbled over everything else on this misadventure. Delah's shift to a feral grin is unnerving, more upsetting than any glare or snarl. Amalia feels a desperate urge to step back, retreat from this small woman and her strange, wonderful world. She has been given a gift of safe passage, freedom. She should take it and run.

But that would mean leaving Kiada, and Adam, behind to die.

"You sacrifice your own people?" A harsh, hoarse whisper, accusatory and enraged. "Why? What would this tulmhainar do, if you didn't pay it in blood? What could possibly be worth that cost?"

Amalia
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
DELAH
"Of course." Delah says easily, her smile widening. The lack of payment in blood makes her grin widen further, and she shrugs as casual as anything. "I wouldn't know. It has never happened." She says with an almost musical finality in her voice.

"As for its value to us, you couldn't possibly understand, nor does it matter to me if you do. You are not one of us and I will not justify our ways to an outsider."
In places deep
With roots entwined
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

Is the fae enjoying her aggravation, delighting in driving the usually unassuming baker deeper into her frenzied discontent? "Have you ever considered not giving people over to your mysterious tree monster? And feeding it, I don't know, a deer instead? What does it even do for you, in return?" Is she yelling? Not quite, but there is a sharp edge to her voice.

"I certainly won't understand if you never explain anything." Grinding her teeth in frustration, Amalia stares daggers at the grinning fae, more bewildered by the moment. "I don't know your culture. But I want to learn. Because like it or not, we share the world now, and more and more of us are you to come into your woods and interfere with your customs, especially if you refuse to tell us what they are."

Amalia
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
DELAH
Delah merely crossed her arms and raised her brow, appearing quite amused at the flush of emotion rising on the narrow-faced woman's cheeks. "As I said," She begins calmly, "I don't expect you to understand our ways, nor do I care if you do." Delah shrugs, though her expression turns stony as Amalia mentions that more will be coming into her woods.

With a sneer, Delah takes an intimidating step forward. Which, given the disparity in their heights is probably not in the fae's favour. "Then you will all be captured." She hisses. "If we invade your homes and say you must accept it because we will simply keep coming, would you not defend it? Or would you yeild?" Looking Amalia up and down, she lifts her chin. "We might share the world, but these woods are ours. Our customs are our own. All you need to know is that you are not welcome here."
In places deep
With roots entwined
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

"I protect my home, but I would hear them out first." Amalia replies, arms crossed defensively over her chest as the little winged nightmare comes closer. "I would teach them about our ways, so they could be good neighbors, and we could coexist in peace."

Part of her wonders if it's pointless. The same thing happened to them, after all, but where the Naturals all but welcomed the Outlanders into their homes, the fae seem to have no interest in opening their arms. And what had the Naturals gotten for their kindness, but disregard of their customs and history, their wishes and ways?

Amalia
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
DELAH
"There is nothing you can say that I want to hear." Delah replies. "After all, we know you. We have been here the whole time. We have seen your people before the barrier. We could see you through it the entire time. We did not want you in your woods before and we don't now. "

Frustration mounting in her youthful face, Delah tosses her hands into the air and shakes her head. "What part of this do you find so complicated? There are no ways for you to know. You want to coexist in peace? Stay out of our woods." She spits angrily, wanting very much to take that slender face in her hands and give it an abrupt shake.
In places deep
With roots entwined
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

This is pointless. Amalia can see the fae's frustration, a mirror of her own. They will drive themselves into the ground this way, push and push until they break. Delah's blatant disdain for the baker's people, coupled with her willingness to sacrifice her own, rubs the girl all the wrong ways. She does not say the things that rise to her tongue, instead biting her lip in weary frustration, her thin face deepening into a harsh frown.

Clearly Delah will tell her nothing, has written them all of as sinners, a avaricious god's mistakes. "I will leave," Amalia replies flatly, "If you let me take my friends." Long black claws have sprouted from her fingers: the girl would like nothing more than to grab the fae between them, grab the little pixie by her wings and refuse to let go until she at last concedes. It is only the remnants of Jyoti's star which keep Amalia still, a cold fire blazing inside her chest.

Amalia