Check-Ups and Questions
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Call the Midwife
Phoebe grinned and nodded. ”Oh yes, you’ll probably want to keep some on hand for yourself as well.” she said. Teething was the most difficult period she thought. Babies crying in pain and knowing there was nothing to be done about it other than waiting for the period to pass. It was a very helpless sort of thing for a parent to go through alongside their child.

But she did see his eyes glaze over as she spoke, unable to help her grin. He was trying, and doing a very good job, but there was a serious learning curve here. ”Don’t worry, I will leave you with notes, and you know my door is always open if you’ve questions.” she said with a little nod. Day or night, if Aoife was having trouble, Ronin could call on her to come help.

The midwife took Aoife’s protest in stride, laughing a little at her displeasure. ”Oh, I know, life is so tough when you’re small and people keep changing your clothes and poking and prodding you.” she said in a cutesy-pitiful tone. Despite the baby’s protests, Phoebe would get her redressed relatively quickly, tickling her feet and tummy to brighten her mood back up. ”There we go! All done!” she said brightly, picking the girl back up.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
The brandy Ronin could definitely do, and he let out a sigh of clear relief when Phoebe assured him she would write everything down. "Thank you," he said sincerely. "They don't tell you how much you have to remember when you first have a baby, do they?" Laughing softly, he busied himself tickling Sugar to distract her from Aoife's cries, the dragonling eventually rolling off his lap to go and snuffle about in her den.

Aoife, for her part, was distracted away from a full blown howler of a tantrum by the attention and cooing given by the midwife, and though tears still sparkled in the corners of her eyes, she let out a few squeals and giggles as well. Easily scooped into Phoebe's arms, she shook the toy she'd been given about and let her head loll on the midwife's shoulder.

"You're a miracle worker," Ronin said, grinning to Phoebe and giving her a grateful nod. "I don't think I'll ever be ready for what she throws at me, but... at least I'm prepared." And that was good enough for him.

{END}
a star in someone else's sky

Coding base by Sky!