[se] baby that's the fun of me
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Remi the Alchemist
"these mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb"
Sitting in a patch of sunlight and soft spring grasses, Remi in his raccoon shift was bounding around a jubilant toddler as she cackled and flapped her arms with peals of delighted laughter. A short distance away Isla was grazing contentedly, flicking her tail at errant flies and keeping her bright pebble-blue stare fixed on the duo lest they need her help.

Jumping around the child, Remi would flick her with his tail and then quickly retreat to a space behind her where her current mobility levels barred her from seeing. As soon as she would squeal disapprovingly Remi would reappear, grabbing blades of grass in his small but dexterous black hands and throw them into the air so that they would rain pleasantly down around her.

Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

A child's laughter is a charming thing, and Amalia finds herself quickly taken in by the pealing joy. Taking a break from the shop, she is laden with flowers and rolls and bread, a veritable Fiat Lux wraith in green and gold, blooms and buns. Occasionally pausing to pass out a snack or drop off a crown, by the time she reaches the patch of sunlight and dewy grass she has nearly divested all her treasure- but not all.

Aoife is easily recognizable, her starlit eyes and bouncy curls striking a chord in the baker's heart. The raccoon who taunts her is less familiar, but the girl can make an educated guess as to its human form. Amalia laughs as she watches their antics, coming to kneel beside the babe. "Hello, starchild," she coos gently, extending a large yellow flower to the girl. "Is this scoundrel giving you a hard time?"

Amalia
i've been watching your kindness keep
a lonely company - look at the fire and think of me
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi the Alchemist
Ignorant of Amalia's new racial changes, the raccoon rolls onto its side and suddenly shifts into the familiar form of the alchemist. Resting one hand against a curly head that is sporting a crown Phoebe made for him earlier, he flashes the baker a sunny smile.

"A scoundrel? " He repeats as if offended, though quickly the expression of polite disdain melts away into one of boyish mischief. Aoife, uninterested in Remi as a human at this moment, instead makes grabby-hands towards Amalia to be picked up. "We had some of your cakes earlier." Remi mentioned, nodding his head to where bits of icing clung to Aoife's chubby cheeks.

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

Amalia starts as the raccoon abruptly shifts, transitioning from a furry miscreant to a familiar form. She raises an eyebrow in response to his offense, wrinkling her nose in playful consternation before breaking into a smile. "Don't worry, starchild, I will rescue you!" she coos, obliging Aoife by scooping the babe into her hands, raising her up into the sky. "We shall fly away into the stars, and hide behind the moon!"

Amalia drops gently onto the grass, her legs crossing easily beneath her dress. Setting Aoife down in her lap, she produces a slice of particularly firm, dense bread and presents it to the child. "For teething, my queen," the baker declares, before turning her dark eyes back to Remi. "Did you like them?" There is a shy pride in her voice, and a rosy tint to her cheeks. She loves to see others enjoying her work; it makes her feel purposeful, valuable, good.

Amalia
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi the Alchemist
Aoife cackles her agreement, multiple chins forming below her gums as she tilts her head back as if heavy with joy. Her fingers clutch for Amalia's hair, her other hand pressing against the baker's lips as if to feel the hum of her words.

"You look lovely." Remi notes with an easy smile. Perhaps it is because he is able to look upon Amalia without taking in the traits of her other men might—the swell of her breasts, the curve of her thighs, the tightening of her waist—that his compliment somehow seems more genuine. At the offering of the bread Aoife does what most children do, and immediately stuffs it into her mouth.

"I do not think I have ever tasted anything so full of flavour before. And so fluffy!" He places a hand over his heart and sighs wistfully. "I fear I will never want to leave your bakery after this."

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

Mock-nibbling on Aoife's fingers, Amalia turns shy, bright eyes onto Remi, blushing beneath his praise. "Thank you," she replies, muffled from behind chubby fingers, her smile sweet and genuine. The leaf-green dress is a hand-me-down, many times mended by her mother, though Amalia has always believed that each stitch adds to its charm. Her hair has long since escaped most of its braid, strands of it framing her slender face. But it is the happiness that lights her best, the respite from anxiety which makes the girl glow, her smile radiant and her dark gaze vibrant beneath the deep blue sky.

"You looked better the other way." Her voice is teasing, light and airy, a clear contradiction within. Like Remi, she compliments without deeper thought, no lust or interest in her loins. As Aoife takes the snack she grins, pulling it back to slow the girl. It will take her time to gum through the cracker, an old favorite of the babies in the Grounds.

"You're welcome whenever you like," she replies, sincere in the offer of solace, company. "You're an alchemist, right? Perhaps we ought to go into business together - Devas Sweets and Sorcery!"

Amalia
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi the Alchemist
"Oh well, if you think a raccoon is impressive—" Remi says with a mischievious grin. Rolling onto his back his body becomes golden and his head wreathed in an impressive sun of tawny hair. Stretching out a long limb he paws playfully at Aoife's face. This being one of her favourite of his shifts, she claps her hands unsteadily, shrieking her praise.

Shifting back and placing his arms behind his head, he glances at Amalia upside down with a snort. "Sorcery mmm? I am not sure about that, but then again I am no good with names. If you left it to me I would probably call it, Amalia and Remi's - We make things!" He said with a boyish laugh.

Just as Amalia thought, Aoife's saliva quickly broke the bread down into pieces she could hungrily chew and soon the roll was gone. With an impatient flapping of her arms she reached out to tug at the baker's dress, assuming this was how she was to go about getting more.

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

The lion is impressive, and Amalia's delight is as clear as the child's as she stares with bright and wondering eyes. She has never seen anything like it before- but then, she has never seen many things before, which have now introduced themselves to her life. Thinking fondly of her own feline shift, the girl cannot help the curving of her ears into a leopard-like form, nor the tail which springs easily from her waist. "Incredible," she breathes as the alchemist shifts back, adjusting her grip on Aoife to keep the exuberant baby from flailing out of her arms. "What other tricks do you have up your sleeve?"

Amalia's grin widens at the suggested name. "Or Princess Aoife's House of Wonders, perhaps?" As the baby tugs at the baker's dress she looks down, creamy ears twitching in surprise. "Done already? Are you still hungry, or just bored?" To test the theory she lets her long tail wrap around from behind, the tuft of it booping lightly on Aoife's cheek before disappearing behind the baker's back.

Amalia
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi the Alchemist
As eyes go from amber to pale sea-glass green, the alchemist cocks his head in a decidedly avian fashion. Well, if you just did what I think you just did, you should be able to hear me. He thinks towards her. If it wasn't just some magical trick that made her ears and tail appear, then indeed she would hear Remi's thickly accented voice humming words into her mind.

"Ahh well, there we have it." Remi agreed with a bright chuckle. "Although earlier you did call her a queen, so we might need to firm up what her royal status is." He added with a laugh.

For a moment as the black and white tail comes towards her, Aoife's eyes merely grow wide. Remi's raccoon tail is ringed and fluff, his leonine one long and tufted. Never has she seen something thick all the way through before, and it takes her tiny mind a moment to understand it. When she does, she screeches happily, slamming her fists into the grasses with cooing noises of encouragement.

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

Remi's voice in her head elicits another startled response, though really she should not be surprised. She has spoken to Jigano this way before, but nobody else aside. "Loud and clear," she replies aloud, not having mastered the art in human form.

"Queen, princess- aren't they the same?" Amalia shrugs, not too concerned. They do not have royalty in the Hollowed Grounds, have not for years. Oh, every now and then a group would rise up, make a claim of right or might, but most people were too busy to worry much about rulers, their energy instead focused on the art of staying alive.

Turning suddenly back to Remind, the baker asks a question which has long been on her mind. "How did you become Attuned?" Not one to ignore her charge, she reaches out to boop Aoife's other cheek with her tail. "Did your gods blessings you, too? What were they like?" Not as good as hers, she is sure, a swell of pride and affection for her dieties rising in her chest.

Amalia
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi the Alchemist
Grinning broadly, Remi nods. "I had no idea you were an attuned." He says with a joyful smile. "Back home all shapeshifters—that is what we were called—wore golden cuffs." Remi continued, touching his wrist. "There was never any question of who could shift and who could not. But here Jigano tells me that asking is...ahhh impolite?" Boyishly he shrugs his shoulders. "Do you hunt?" He asks curiously, wondering if this is a question that falls under things he ought not to ask.

"Not where I came from." Remi says with a snort and slight roll of his eyes. "But I am happy that Aoife will never have to know that life, so for her sake we can say they are the same."

Turning his gaze from Amalia to the clouds floating by overhead, Remi lets his body happily sink into the ground. "In Northwind it was a choice, although only the commoners would chose it. It...was seen as a rather improper thing." He said, eyes narrowed slightly as he tried to weave the words around it, unsure how to communicate the reality of his past life in a place that was so different. "There was a ritual to complete, I suppose a bit like visiting a shrine here. You did not choose your animal, but it was just...part of you then. All of us were given a cuff to wear, gold I presume so that it seemed less like a shackle." Again he shrugged, fingers still knotted behind his curls. "But no, no gods. Just magic of a sort."

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

Amalia listens with quiet intensity as he speaks of shapeshifters and gold cuffs, head tilting in perplexed curiosity at the idea of it. "I don't think it's rude..." she shrugs, though her lower lip slips thoughtfully between her teeth. "It's more that it's... personal? Maybe? I don't really know. I haven't been one for long." Laughing nervously, she runs her fingers through her hair, not really sure how else to describe it. She was never aware of the secrecy of Jigano's shift, having learned of it on their third meeting. As for herself, well, the blessing was sacred, an important memory she'd treasured and guarded until she was ready to share it to the world.

"I hunted with Jigano, once. But I couldn't bring myself to, ah, finish." Another self-conscious laugh, half embarrassed, half amused. "Do you?"

Remi turns his attention to the sky, and Amalia lets her gaze drift back to the child in her lap. She does not understand it, the world he comes from and the way it works. Commoners? Improper? "Here it's a blessing," she replies softly, "Not a trap. But... I am sorry you were shacked. I wish you could have experienced the way we do. It is a beautiful thing." Again, the memory of Safrin and and starlight, warmth and contentment with her place in the world. There were few moments more beautiful in her life than the one where she gave herself to the Gods, let them bring her closer by revealing her truest self.

Amalia
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi the Alchemist
"Oh?" He asks, head tilting gently to encourage her to elaborate if she chooses. The alchemist understands that it is personal, but not taboo in his mind. Stil trying to figure out the guidelines that the bard had hinted at previously, Remi falls silent unsure if and what he is actually allowed to ask.

"I do, yes." Remi replies with an easy nod. "When I was a boy we...well. My father decided to spend what little coin he made on and in whorehouses." He adds with a tiny shake of his head. "Hunting for food was the only way I could keep myself fed." All this he says with a strange neutrality, free of the animosity one would likely associate with this sort of story.

"Mmm." The alchemist hums with a gentle shrug, spreading his fingers out into the grass. "Your world has not been kind to me so far." He says again in that strange tone of voice. The voice of humble acceptance of ones' fate, no matter how unfair.

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

His head tilt is an invitation, but not one she chooses to take. As easily pleasant as she finds his company, Amalia has not told anyone her story, how it felt to receive Safrin's - Vi's - gift, and she hardly knows how she would begin to explain it, the wonder and majesty and blessing she felt. Besides, talking about herself has never been her strong suit, and part of her fears he will scoff at her tale, mitigate the meaning it inspires in her.

So she merely shrugs, turning back to Aoife and letting the child's laughter fill the gap. It is only when Remi speaks of hunting and his youth that her face turns back up, looking at the kind, boyish figure and wondering at the easy way he speaks of trauma and pain. "Perhaps you can teach me," Amalia suggests quietly, a shy half-smile of understanding on her lips. Let me help you build better memories, it offers. And maybe help me, along the way.

There is something off in how he speaks, glossing over trauma as though it is naught. It is something she recognizes easily enough, being an expert in bottling her own pain, suppressing painful memories beneath a content veneer. But where Amalia cracks and shudders and hide, Remi is adept, the easy tenor of his voice easily glossing past heartache and loss. "I'm sorry." Softly, sincerely, but meaningless, too. She cannot erase the wounds her world has left upon him, as surely as she cannot ease the ones upon herself.

"What has it been like for you? Being here."

Amalia