[SE] east meets west
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ianto
Ianto was suitably enamored with Jyoti (which was likely the starwhale's goal), and as she swam about him in a haze of soft stars, he delivered scritches dutifully, a small smile on his lips. "Mm, creatures like these are revered, and much rarer than you can imagine," he murmured. "She was lucky to have you there when she needed you. And Delah might be unhappy, but she can't really deny you entry now." Frankly and for all of his ability to charm her, the Fae warchief scared Ianto half to death.

The words Northaven and Ronin and Remi caught his full attention, and Ianto turned to glance at Amalia properly. He nodded. "I am," he confirmed. "And I know Remi well, though I've not met Ronin beyond a few polite greetings. I imagine you must have met them too?"

The web grew ever more tangled. Clearing his throat, he gestured back at the Fae children. "They believe that capturing the sun will cause the days to grow longer during this season," he said, grinning and lowering his voice. "Granted, I think only the children believe it. For everyone else it's just a tradition."

The children, soaked and giggling, scrambled out of the bank to sit and rest. "They make or find or trade for a basket," he explained. "And then they try to catch the sun; in water, in sunbeams on the forest floor... but obviously, they always miss. Then in the middle of LongHeat, there is a midnight festival. Everyone brings their baskets and gifts to fill them with. It's a celebration of 'releasing the sun' again." He chuckled.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
you're staring at the sky
watching stars collide
It is indeed Jyoti's intention to capture Ianto's eye, and she croons a happy baritone as the man strokes gently on her skin. Smiling fondly at the whale, Amalia tilts her head, a little bit of wistfulness still within her voice. "She is the most wonderful thing I have ever known. I wish I could learn more about them. Safrin told me she cannot return to the sky..." Trailing off the girl looks down, wrapping her arms around her chest. The warchief had made it seem like her fault, as though the calf might have been placed back among stars had the owl not interfered.

The shared familiarity brings her eyes back up, meeting Ianto's with a curious blink. She nods in response before asking more questions, curiosity once more rising like fire in her chest. "How did you wind up out here and not in the Hollowed Grounds, with them? And why haven't you left the woods? Do you know what lies beyond them?" She is hungry for information, eager to take and take now that she is at ease. She has seen a world without edges; how can she be happy now, not knowing what lies just beyond?

Amalia laughs at the playful children, her affect softening with as they emerge, dripping, from the stream. "What sort of gifts?" the girl asks curiously, one of a thousand questions bubbling up again. Jyoti has gone to investigate the winged youth, trilling merrily and carelessly, unafraid to join in play. "We do not have such a festival in the Grounds. Which god is it associated with? Do you- do you think they would let us come?"
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Ianto
The most wonderful thing I have ever known... There wasn't much, Ianto thought, that could invoke such a reaction, and he grinned at Jyoti as she sang and frolicked about them, enjoying the fuss. "She can't? Oh, well... I don't think that's as bad as it seems. Not when she has you to look after her. And see how happy she is." He winked at Amalia. "As for finding out more, I would suggest the Observatory and the Undercroft, but... perhaps not yet. The Fae certainly aren't used to outsiders, though you likely already know that."

His brow furrowed, Ianto glancing back out to the children on the bank as she asks the most logical question - the exact one he doesn't have an answer for. "I don't know," he admitted. "I've heard about this... being, the Voice. Apparently that is responsible for our being brought here. But... I don't know how I fell outside. I would have preferred it not to have been that way."

Sighing, he shook the mood away. It couldn't be changed now. "I don't know what's outside," he said, shrugging apologetically. "It's the only way that Arduinna won't show me. So I stayed here. I never expected to see any of my friends again, that's for sure."

Amalia was eager for information and Ianto was very happy to share it, now that he had confirmed that she knew he wasn't a bastard. "Anything you like! You trade gifts with one another, so it should probably be something others would enjoy. Food, trinkets, flowers... the usual. And I don't know if it's for any god in particular, but the Fae like to give offerings or distractions to Safrin. They believe if she's distracted, she won't miss the stars too much. That way the days will stay long."

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
AMALIA
watching stars collide
Amalia frowns along with him, nodding uncomfortably as he mentions The Voice, a shiver passing unbidden through her form. There are no clear answers anymore: the world she was raised in has become a foreign place, and where once the girl believed history and reverence would guide all paths to clarity, now she is not sure.

"But there is a way." Onyx eyes are sharp with purpose, latching onto this statement as the others fall away. If there is a way out, then there is a way to find more- and the girl is ravenous for the future, for everything at this horizon and beyond. "How would I speak to her, if I had more questions?"

Amalia smiles at the story of Safrin, her expression softening with excitement at the idea of a new festival, this one for her beloved goddess. "Do you think the Fae would like it if I brought some baked goods? I know they probably have better things here, but it's all I can do." Smiling ruefully, the girl shrugs, reaching up to tug self-consciously at lock of tawny hair. "I don't want the Fae to think we want to take from them... but they have so much more than us. It's hard to know how to give back."
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
Ianto shouldn't have mentioned Arduinna again - he should have left well enough alone. While his eyes were still on the frolicking Fae children, a muscle feathered in his jaw as Amalia pressed him for answers. Finally, he let out a long sigh and lowered his head. "Please be careful, Amalia. You're sweet, and I don't want you to get hurt." But still, he couldn't deny her without angering his godmother.

"She is as much the woods as are the trees, the soil, the flowers. There is a shrine to all the old gods within the Wildwood. Go there and petition for her. She may well answer." But he doubted that she would like the answer very much, after a few moments in Arduinna's presence.

Ianto perked up a bit, at least, as she continued to speak and the subject changed from his patron to something comparatively safer. "I think they may like that a lot," he said. "Are you a baker, then? Definitely a useful profession to have anywhere."

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AMALIA
watching stars collide
She does not understand it, the way he seems to skirt between affection and fear for the fabled being, godmother in one moment, cautionary tale the next. Tucking her hands behind her back, Amalia resists the urge to sign, questions still dancing on her tongue. To be called sweet, to be protected... She wants to rebuke him, to tell him she can take care of herself, but the truth is she isn't sure. At the end of the day Amalia is a girl who puts her nose where it doesn't belong, getting into trouble and scarcely escaping, save by the skin of her teeth.

But she has escaped.

The knowledge is stored neatly away, to be perused at another time. Despite her lingering curiosity she is reluctant to put Ianto more on edge,  especially when he has been kind so far. Instead she nods her shy assent as he questions her profession, a bashful smile on her lips. "My family has had a bakery for years, in the Settlement. You'll have to come by, sometime." It is a genuine invitation, open and sincere: Amalia is more than happy to host, and loves feeding others nearly as much as staunching her own hungry curiosity.
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
It was with relief that Ianto felt the conversation shift from Arduinna, Amalia sated (for now) with the information he had delivered. The fox glanced sidelong at her, arching a curious brow at hearing she was from a generation of bakers. "That's amazing. Your own little legacy," he noted with a smile. "I certainly shall. Keep your ears alert for a fox scratching at your door one day. It may well be me." He winked.

Watching the Fae children head off down the river with their basket in hand, Ianto straightened up and rested his hands in his pockets. "You looked lost, when I first saw you. Is there anywhere you need to go that I might be able to lead the way?"

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AMALIA
watching stars collide
"And if you see a leopard lost in the woods, maybe you'll guide her away from pits." Amalia smiles impishly, an implicit agreement in her reply. Not long ago she would have been awed and flattered by the invitation, disbelieving that in implied something close to friends-

Ah, but how things change.

Reaching her hands out to snag Jyoti, Amalia tilts her head. "I'm still rather lost," she admits ruefully. "There wasn't much touring when I arrived. Maybe... maybe you could show me more of the village? And where to get food, to bring back to my friends?"
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
"I assure you, my dear, I most certainly will." Ianto grinned. A leopard, though... the majesty in the shift suited her, he thought, Ianto glancing again around the village as she mentioned touring, offering her a mischievous look from the side of his eye. Once more, he offered his arm and gave her a respectful nod. "It would be my honour to show you around. Let me introduce you to all that Sidhe has to offer, food included."

Little did he know that even then a rescue party was en route, and soon those trapped in the pit would be freed regardless. For now, he was content to walk in the sun with his new friend. And what a relief it was to have a few more of those on side.

{END}

Coding base by Sky!