Invitation to the Charm of Darkness
for Lucas
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"Beautiful owner?" Jigano asked, a hint of sly teasing in his tone as he wrestled his personal demons down and out of sight of his unlooked-for audience. "Anyone I know?" Though a place of dancing and singing certainly sounded lovely. In another life he might have been employed by such a place... briefly, at least, as a guest performer as he made his way through a city and moving on, ever on, away from what he'd left behind him.

He nodded his head thoughtfully at the information that the shadows remained, protective - or aggressive? - even without a light to cast them. Interesting to know, and dangerous to run afoul of, he acknowledged silently to himself. It made this particular Ascended even more dangerous at night than most.

"The more you get to know me, the more you'll realize that this is hardly remarkable," Jigano returned, just as smoothly as he began walking back towards the Atheneum, glancing aside to his companion if Lucas chose to accompany him. "And there is always something bothering me, some question that needs answering, or quest for knowledge that needs undertaking. Think about it, Lucas. The barrier may have fallen, but we are no less trapped than we were before. We cannot go south or west; the very elements are turned against us in those directions. We cannot go north; the forest spits us back out as though we were gristle. To the east is the sea, and few enough boatwrights to be found among a people landlocked for three hundred years. Unless you own experience includes the making and captaining of sailing vessels?" he asked, suspecting that he hoped in vain.
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Perhaps. Her name is Lily Balfour, a woman with hair like fire and music in her blood," Lucas said, his green eyes growing a touch softer (maybe, or perhaps it was just a trick of the light). "If you don't know her already, I'd recommend you get acquainted. She'd have a great appreciation of your skills, I think."

He did indeed fall into step with Jigano, the Ascended having nowhere in particular to be now that he had been distracted from his game of cat and mouse with Bastien and Rexanna. His hands buried deeply in his pockets, he heard the loreseeker out in full, though the smile on his face suggested that he might well have regretted asking in the first place.

"Unfortunately, it does not," he murmured, his amusement evident in his voice. "The forest may be a fickle creature, but it certainly seems more forgiving than the sea. That, at least, is a mystery you might solve."
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Lily? Ah, I believe I have met her," Jigano nodded, keeping a curious eye on the blond man's not-quite flicker of interest as he described the helpful woman the bard had met during the quest for Safrin's library. "Albeit briefly. I didn't realize she was an entertainer, though. I'll definitely have to see about making her acquaintance more formally." A pleasant enough task, assuming he survived the next day's venture into the hostile unknown.

He wasn't sure whether Lucas would join him, but he didn't regret the company when the Ascended fell in with his steps. "Ah well," he murmured, genuinely disappointed that Lucas's skills did not include sailing. "It was worth asking." A few more steps and he slanted another glance at the man - predator? - at his side. "Have you given up on solving the riddle of the woods, then? Will you not try again to get through it and see what's on the other side?"
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"And I sincerely hope that your life is all the richer for having done so." Lucas smiled charmingly, letting out a laugh at Jigano's comment about his being unable to sail. "If I find anyone who might make a good shipwright, I'll send them your way," he said, resting his hands in his pockets. The question of the woods was inevitable - it always seemed to come back to them, he found.

"Oh, but of course," he said. "I know that they get up and move about. I also happen to know someone who might have just come upon a map - so I'll be sure to get involved in that soon enough." And hopefully that did lead them away to the other side. He hoped, anyway.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"Thank you," the bard murmured, lips lifting in a wry smile at the Ascended man's offer of acting as guide for any with a skill for boatbuilding. "Hopefully someone will arrive soon with the skills we need... if they haven't already." There seemed to be no rhyme or reason with how often or where Outlanders arrived, and it wasn't as though they had a census of those who lived in the area once bound by the barrier anyways. There were likely several - even many - new arrivals who Jigano had yet to meet. Having someone to send them his way so the Loreseeker's could get a record of people who were willing to help and what their skills were would be very helpful.

"A map?" Jigano asked curiously. "Of a moving woods? That doesn't sound like it would get you very far... I'll be curious to know if it's not just a hoax. Or a trap," he added with a faint frown. "Do you know where the map came from, and if it was a trustworthy source?"
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
”Have you considered putting up a notice to see if anyone possesses such skills? I’ve seen that board around the temple and it gets quite a bit of attention at times.” Such as when an over assuming ex-captain decided to break into the Spire and almost caused a riot. That had been quite something. Finding a shipwright didn’t seem quite so interesting but that didn’t mean it couldn’t be a means to an end for Jigano.

Lucas’s smile was crooked, perhaps a touch secretive as the bard enquired about the moving map. ”Hoax, trap, it’s more than we have right now. As far as I know it was up for sale in the wagon that popped up on the outskirts. The red headed fellow runs it.” He shrugged.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"I hadn't, yet," Jigano admitted ruefully. "I've been focused on the woods so far, but with those looking like a slimmer hope..." He shrugged, carefully not letting the worry and fear he felt for his friends leak through the edges of his performer's mask. "It's a good idea though, thank you." If the woods proved too dangerous, perhaps they could try the coast next... assuming no elemental storms would sweep up to block that direction as well if they tried.

"Wagon? Red-headed man?" The bard pursued the sudden tidbits of knowledge curiously, realizing that other things had been happening in his absence and subsequent focus on getting back into the woods to find who he had lost. "When was this? And... what was it? Someone from outside the barrier?"
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
Lucas inclined his head politely to Jigano, as if to assure the other man that it was no trouble to offer suggestions that might better all of them. His green eyes, though, drank in the cracks in his social mask - the bard was clearly worried about something, but he had thus proven almost airtight to questions regarding it, both direct and subtle. So Lucas left well enough alone, slowing his steps as they neared the Atheneum.

Arching an eyebrow at the sudden interest, the Ascended shrugged his shoulders. "A few days ago?" He hazarded a guess. "I didn't attend myself, but I heard it was quite the spectacle. He is from outside the barrier, but was dropped into this place the same as we were. Ianto, I think he called himself."
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
The bard frowned, wondering how he had missed hearing about such a 'spectacle' given that he had run into a certain Ianto the day before. He would certainly have attended such an event, especially if there had been a chance of obtaining a map into the woods he had announced he would be exploring. "I would be particularly careful putting faith anything that you've received from him," the bard cautioned darkly. "If he's the one I'm thinking of, I've met him - briefly. It was not an encounter to inspire trust."

He sighed and shook his head, pausing at the Atheneum door to give Lucas a wry smile. "Thank you for your company and advice tonight. I needed something like this, I think, to help clear my head a bit. We should work out together again sometime, though. Perhaps during the day, to see how your speed and reflexes change while the sun is up. In the safety of the Underground, of course, so you don't get to toasted," he added wryly. "Just in case your shadows slip!"
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
"I try not to judge books by their covers," Lucas said smoothly, with a grin to match. He did nod however, happy to take the bard's advice on board especially given that Jigano had experience of this Ianto person where he did not. At the other man's gratitude, the Ascended's smile turned a touch more charming, and he dipped into a stately bow (all three of his shadows followed suit).

Training again with Jigano actually sounded like something he could get behind, and Lucas straightened up and nodded once more in agreement. "That would be quite something. The Underground it is, then. Have a good evening, Jigano. Don't do anything I wouldn't."

Without further ado Lucas melted into the night, moving too fast, almost, to be seen.