Invitation to the Charm of Darkness
for Lucas
Jigano Silversmith
Provost / Lorekeeper ☆ Loreseeker's Guild
Age: 28 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 6 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21
ISUMA - Mythical - Gryphon (venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
Posts: 1,115
MP:
#15
"Beautiful owner?" Jigano asked, a hint of sly teasing in his tone as he wrestled his personal demons down and out of sight of his unlooked-for audience. "Anyone I know?" Though a place of dancing and singing certainly sounded lovely. In another life he might have been employed by such a place... briefly, at least, as a guest performer as he made his way through a city and moving on, ever on, away from what he'd left behind him.

He nodded his head thoughtfully at the information that the shadows remained, protective - or aggressive? - even without a light to cast them. Interesting to know, and dangerous to run afoul of, he acknowledged silently to himself. It made this particular Ascended even more dangerous at night than most.

"The more you get to know me, the more you'll realize that this is hardly remarkable," Jigano returned, just as smoothly as he began walking back towards the Atheneum, glancing aside to his companion if Lucas chose to accompany him. "And there is always something bothering me, some question that needs answering, or quest for knowledge that needs undertaking. Think about it, Lucas. The barrier may have fallen, but we are no less trapped than we were before. We cannot go south or west; the very elements are turned against us in those directions. We cannot go north; the forest spits us back out as though we were gristle. To the east is the sea, and few enough boatwrights to be found among a people landlocked for three hundred years. Unless you own experience includes the making and captaining of sailing vessels?" he asked, suspecting that he hoped in vain.
Reply
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 5
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 188
MP:
#16
"Perhaps. Her name is Lily Balfour, a woman with hair like fire and music in her blood," Lucas said, his green eyes growing a touch softer (maybe, or perhaps it was just a trick of the light). "If you don't know her already, I'd recommend you get acquainted. She'd have a great appreciation of your skills, I think."

He did indeed fall into step with Jigano, the Ascended having nowhere in particular to be now that he had been distracted from his game of cat and mouse with Bastien and Rexanna. His hands buried deeply in his pockets, he heard the loreseeker out in full, though the smile on his face suggested that he might well have regretted asking in the first place.

"Unfortunately, it does not," he murmured, his amusement evident in his voice. "The forest may be a fickle creature, but it certainly seems more forgiving than the sea. That, at least, is a mystery you might solve."
Reply
Jigano Silversmith
Provost / Lorekeeper ☆ Loreseeker's Guild
Age: 28 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 6 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21
ISUMA - Mythical - Gryphon (venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
Posts: 1,115
MP:
#17
"Lily? Ah, I believe I have met her," Jigano nodded, keeping a curious eye on the blond man's not-quite flicker of interest as he described the helpful woman the bard had met during the quest for Safrin's library. "Albeit briefly. I didn't realize she was an entertainer, though. I'll definitely have to see about making her acquaintance more formally." A pleasant enough task, assuming he survived the next day's venture into the hostile unknown.

He wasn't sure whether Lucas would join him, but he didn't regret the company when the Ascended fell in with his steps. "Ah well," he murmured, genuinely disappointed that Lucas's skills did not include sailing. "It was worth asking." A few more steps and he slanted another glance at the man - predator? - at his side. "Have you given up on solving the riddle of the woods, then? Will you not try again to get through it and see what's on the other side?"
Reply
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 5
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 188
MP:
#18
"And I sincerely hope that your life is all the richer for having done so." Lucas smiled charmingly, letting out a laugh at Jigano's comment about his being unable to sail. "If I find anyone who might make a good shipwright, I'll send them your way," he said, resting his hands in his pockets. The question of the woods was inevitable - it always seemed to come back to them, he found.

"Oh, but of course," he said. "I know that they get up and move about. I also happen to know someone who might have just come upon a map - so I'll be sure to get involved in that soon enough." And hopefully that did lead them away to the other side. He hoped, anyway.
Reply
Jigano Silversmith
Provost / Lorekeeper ☆ Loreseeker's Guild
Age: 28 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 6 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21
ISUMA - Mythical - Gryphon (venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
Posts: 1,115
MP:
#19
"Thank you," the bard murmured, lips lifting in a wry smile at the Ascended man's offer of acting as guide for any with a skill for boatbuilding. "Hopefully someone will arrive soon with the skills we need... if they haven't already." There seemed to be no rhyme or reason with how often or where Outlanders arrived, and it wasn't as though they had a census of those who lived in the area once bound by the barrier anyways. There were likely several - even many - new arrivals who Jigano had yet to meet. Having someone to send them his way so the Loreseeker's could get a record of people who were willing to help and what their skills were would be very helpful.

"A map?" Jigano asked curiously. "Of a moving woods? That doesn't sound like it would get you very far... I'll be curious to know if it's not just a hoax. Or a trap," he added with a faint frown. "Do you know where the map came from, and if it was a trustworthy source?"
Reply
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 5
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 188
MP:
#20
”Have you considered putting up a notice to see if anyone possesses such skills? I’ve seen that board around the temple and it gets quite a bit of attention at times.” Such as when an over assuming ex-captain decided to break into the Spire and almost caused a riot. That had been quite something. Finding a shipwright didn’t seem quite so interesting but that didn’t mean it couldn’t be a means to an end for Jigano.

Lucas’s smile was crooked, perhaps a touch secretive as the bard enquired about the moving map. ”Hoax, trap, it’s more than we have right now. As far as I know it was up for sale in the wagon that popped up on the outskirts. The red headed fellow runs it.” He shrugged.
Reply
Jigano Silversmith
Provost / Lorekeeper ☆ Loreseeker's Guild
Age: 28 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 6 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21
ISUMA - Mythical - Gryphon (venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
Posts: 1,115
MP:
#21
"I hadn't, yet," Jigano admitted ruefully. "I've been focused on the woods so far, but with those looking like a slimmer hope..." He shrugged, carefully not letting the worry and fear he felt for his friends leak through the edges of his performer's mask. "It's a good idea though, thank you." If the woods proved too dangerous, perhaps they could try the coast next... assuming no elemental storms would sweep up to block that direction as well if they tried.

"Wagon? Red-headed man?" The bard pursued the sudden tidbits of knowledge curiously, realizing that other things had been happening in his absence and subsequent focus on getting back into the woods to find who he had lost. "When was this? And... what was it? Someone from outside the barrier?"
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)


RPG-D