[seasonal event] 100 bad days
for Caiside!
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA
we are all just fighting to survive a world,
where 'i miss you' doesn't mean I'm coming back.
The Harpy wanders the street with the Luxere in tow, casually trying to find things to do to keep her mind from wandering too far. But she has gotten better since Longnight — has come out of the shell she had been, cocooned up and afraid to let anyone close. But she has, now, has met Deimos and reconnected; she has also found quite a few acquaintances with Amalia and those within her bakery. But it’s still not enough to keep her mind from tossing her toward those dark ocean waves, threatening to take control. And so she wanders, in the midst of the places most people lived. Yet, she does not live here. She lives in the settlement, in a home not yet converted to a business of sorts. She doesn’t know what she wants it to be, yet, but she wants it there nonetheless. And besides, the Domicles are a place she has not ventured to yet; she has had no need to.

But upon her approach and her walk, dressed in dark pants and boots with a tight fitting shirt among (finding no need for jackets and furs when the sun shone so brightly above). Her hair, long and dark, is braided back away from her face and no longer the unruly tangles that captured her wildness. But what it does reveal, is the large scar on the side of her neck, it’s whirls and raised skin casting shadows along the paler parts of her. But she doesn’t mind the scar. She’s come to love it in a strange way, a way that teaches her that things aren’t always going to be pretty. She also thinks it gives her a bit of a menacing vibe, the kind that kept the light of heart away; and she wishes to keep that trend going.

Her and Auni continue to walk the streets until she comes upon a part of the street, broken apart by rubble and perhaps a fallen statue toward the Atheneum that no one has taken care of yet. The Luxere, curious as always, bounds with clacking hooves toward the fallen statue and debris from the roadway — likely caused from the events over Longnight. And Kiada approaches it, running a hand gently along Auni’s pale ears as she kneels to inspect the damage and figure out where to start. It would be a hazard if left this way, and on a day like this she cannot imagine spending it doing anything else. This, at the very least, was challenging and would do wonders to keep her mind from wandering too.

Caiside
and 'I love you' doesn't mean
I'll stay...
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Caiside
The woods are lovely dark and deep
But I have places to see
And miles to go before I sleep

Caiside had spent most of the morning (and the night before) cooped up in the Aetheneum, chasing after a dozen different threads of research. He didn’t feel like he’d made any easway on anything, but with the sun shining in through the windows, Caiside was restless, and needed to move. With barely a moment spared to make sure his clothing was in order, he stepped out into the light, immediately raising a hand to shield his eyes from the brightness of the day.

The sound of footsteps and... clacking reach him from beside the large building, just out of place enough to pique his interest. Turning his back to the light, he sidled beside the building until he comes upon the source of the noise, a woman crouching amongst the shattered remnants of something. Caiside looks her over curiously, knowing that she is familiar but unable to quite put his finger on why. His eyes linger on the scar on her neck for a moment, then move the young luxere, and suddenly, her familiarity clicks.

”Hello!” He called out brightly, unsure of how else to announce himself. ”It’s good to see you in the light. And the youngling, as well.” Caiside gestured towards Auni, then looked around at the rubble covering the street. Now that he’d seen it, he couldn’t very well leave the hazard be, but maybe he could get some help with it.

”Would you mind lending a hand with this? It’ll be easier and faster with two people.” It felt a little strange, imposing on someone who was essentially a stranger, but people here had been more than happy to help out it seemed, and he was going to count on that.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
She stands, surveying the destruction of the statue around her and begins to form a plan before a sound distracts her and she turns to greet whomever it was that spoke to her. As she turns, she spots a fiery head of hair and a bright voice – and for a moment she’s confused, surprised at the idea that he seems to be addressing her of all people, but she listens more as he approaches. His next set of words has Auni positively smitten with him, however, and the small Luxere darts over the rubble to reach Caiside with a small grunt of a hello and the hopes for some form of petting before they get to too much work.

And suddenly, Kiada realizes where she’s seen him before. The night she got Auni and when the world seemed to shift in darkness and destruction. And she watches him for a moment, regarding him now in health rather than the destruction that Longnight wished to wreak on them. Of his wounds, to him telling her to carry Auni back from the clearing they had gathered in. And suddenly, a small smile blooms across her face. “Oh, right.” She almost mutters before she catches herself. “You’re doing well since then I hope?” She questions, a tilt of her head that’s a bit more predatory and avianlike than she likely realizes.

But he begins to survey the damage as well, and her head shifts to follow his line of sight to the rubble surrounding the streets and causing danger for those that tried to walk around it or gods forbid, run through the streets. “That sounds great to me, just tell me what you’d like for me to do.” She says with a wider grin, moving to stand toward the base of the statue where the rubble seemed to have the bigger pieces. They’d likely need a broom and some way to remove it from the sides of the street, and she hoped that a nearby home might have one available.

I don’t think I introduced myself before, there was a lot going on that day.” She pauses with a quiet chuckle. “I’m Kiada.” She says, looking back to him and half bowing with that wolfish smile before she bends down to pick up a larger piece of the stone and move it aside for the time being.
I'll stay...
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Caiside
But I have places to see

Caiside’s smile grew as  the young luxere bounded over to him, dropping down into a crouch immediately so he could run his hands through Auni’s fur. ”Look at how big you’ve gotten.” He cooed, speaking softly to the creature. It was good to see him doing well, considering what he has gone through during Longnight.

With the memories of the merciless cold and dark now at the forefront of his mind, Caiaide looked back up to Kiada, glad to see her smiling, and glad she remembers him. It seems he does make an impression then. ”I’m doing better now than I was that night, though I’m sure most people could say that.” Laughter came easily to his lips, despite the melancholy memories in his mind. There is something about the woman that keeps Caiaide from leaning into his smile too fully, something about her poise and focus, and the familiar feeling of a predators eyes on him. It’s been quite some time since he’d been so affected by the feeling, and he hadn’t missed it.

”We should move the bigger pieces off the road first.” Caiside suggested, stepping into the rubble and rolling his sleeves up. There wasn’t much of a place to dispose of any of the mess, but even leaving it tucked against the building,  out of the way, was better than simply leaving it. At least it would be harder for other people to get hurt that way. ”I’m sure there’s some brooms in the aetheneum, once the bigger but pieces are taken care of we can clean the rest.” He grabbed a large chunk of stone as he continued, overestimating his strength in the process and dragging it instead of lifting it off the street.

His struggle is paused when Kiada introduces herself, Caiside returning her bow immediately, the gesture ground into his muscle memory. ”It is a pleasure to meet you again in peace, Kiada.” His own grim is stretched across his face as he rises again. ”I am Caiside.”
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
The Luxere is obsessed with Caiside and the cooing he gives him. His tail wags excitedly, and he grunts a quiet sound of happiness, and you can almost see a smile on his lopsided face as he shakes his head and stamps his feet happily. But as they begin to speak of the events of Longnight, and Caiside’s wellbeing, Auni finds himself busying himself on the side of the street, to be the perfect supervisor while they work. Kiada listens, and she nods with a small half smile in agreement. “Longnight was… Terrible. I lost someone that night we were out.” She says sadly, but the fact she can even say it is an improvement.

But luckily for the Harpy, there’s work to be done. And she focuses on it as he offers his instructions – agreeing entirely. As he rolls up his sleeves, she has no sleeves to roll, and so she focuses on the larger rocks with him. When he mentions a broom, she nods but she looks to the small pieces of rubble and wonders if wings would help push it out. Her vulture form is huge after all, and she gives Caiside a small roguish smile. “I can shift into a vulture and help blow it away that way too if we can’t find any brooms.” She offers as if it’s no big deal. She’s proud of the bearded vulture form, it makes her feel closer to her previous companion, and she keeps it as no secret.

As Caiside grabs onto one of the large stones, she moves to another and begins to pick it up, hovering it slightly above the ground before finding that she needs to push it too. And as she introduces herself in between moving the large rubble out of the street and the walkways, she looks to Caiside as he returns her bow and speaks – a grin cascading along his face that she reflects in her own. “A pleasure, Caiside.” She acknowledges before looking back to the rubble and begins to move another large stone. “I take it you’re… not a Natural?” She says, guessing at it rather than knowing for sure, but a brow lifts in her inquiry regardless.
I'll stay...
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:
Caiside
But I have places to see

Capsize frowns, unable to think of losing someone as senselessly as what he’d seen on Longnight. Every time he’d lost anyone in his life, he’d either known it was coming, or known it could have come at any momenf. This was a pain he couldn’t speak about, so he kept silent, his expression sympathetic, mirroring her sad tone.

Work drives away the dark memories though, the simpler job of work filling the forefront of Caisides mind. At Kiada’s suggestion, he looks around, taking in the far flung gravel under the larger pieces. If the woman’s wingspan was as impressive as she made it seem, it would be far more efficient than brooms. But... ”I can’t ask you to debase yourself like that. Not in a way I wouldn’t do myself.” It was actually a point of pride for him, a moral that he’d actually stuck to. There had to be brooms in the Aetheneum, it was kept clean somehow.

”I’m not a natural.” Caiside confirmed, taking a moment to straighten out his outfit as if to draw attention to how his clothing stuck out. ”I would like to be able to say I haven’t been here long, but that would be a lie. I can only hope time is moving much slower where I came from.” Caiside laughed, the sound covering up the deep sadness his words brought. Thoughts of home plagued him somoftwn it was a wonder he managed to get anything done. ”I assume you’re the same? An outlander?” There was something about Kiada that seemed more vibrant than something that could be produced by the hallowed grounds, though perhaps that was simply his own personal bias speaking.

Between the two of them, most of the larger pieces are out of the street, and out of the way, in no time. Still not wanting to impose a jnthw woman he’s already roped into helping him, Caiside excuses himself for a moment, running into the nearby library to find some brooms. He’d like to feel at least a little bit useful if she does decide to use her wings.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
Her brows furrow together when he mentions “debasing herself”, a term of which she doesn’t understand in relation to being helpful. As far as Kiada’s concerned, it is a gift and a wonderful, joyous, celebrative gift at that. Any chance she gets, she sheds the skin this world has gifted her and loves to feel the wind beneath her feathers. It makes her feel closer to Khairi, it helps ease her guilt over Auni replacing her beloved, lifelong friend. Sometimes… Sometimes when she catches her reflection, she imagines him still there with her, his snide remarks about everything she’s done in life and his guttural laugh.

But she says nothing, instead, nodding toward him and listening silently, while he mentions that he isn’t a Natural either. He straightens his clothing then, and her gaze slips toward it and its subtle strangeness that she doesn’t seem to notice at first. Hasn’t he changed clothes since he got here? She certainly had – changed the dresses and blouses for leathers and pelts – to embody the warrior she was born to be. Yet, even on her it still didn’t seem to fit in with the rest of them, and for that she understands. She gives him a small smile in response to his laughter to try and lighten the mood.

Ah, yeah. I’m an Outlander as well.” She begins, a small shrug Caiside’s way as she moves toward a new boulder and begins to shoulder that one away from the street. “Every world I’ve been in has spit me out eventually. This is the fourth, and I hope to stay.” She offers, easily, before the large rocks are gone from the street and her attention (and Caiside’s she notices) are on the bits and pieces left behind.

He excuses himself and she nods in response, turning to the rubble and deciding that if he wanted to do this the hard way, she’d let him. But she would also help too, refraining from shifting to her vulture form and instead waits patiently until he returns with the brooms in hand before taking one of them and starting at one end. “Each world I’ve been in has had its own difficulties with adjusting to it. Caido so far has been the easiest for me.” She said softly. Caido had been the one she’d came to terms with, that Khairi and her family weren’t coming. That she had lost so much over and over again and they weren’t coming back. She’s decided to fight for herself rather than wish and remain in the past, and Caido is the place where she can grow because of that.
I'll stay...
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:
Caiside
But I have places to see

Caiside is glad for the few moments of solitude he has while grabbing the brooms, if only so he can get his reaction under control. Four different worlds? It seems completely unimaginable, considering how much difficulty he had had with just one shift. At a certain point, he’d have to wonder what kind of crime he’d committed to be so reviled by every place he stopped, though that was a train of bought he stopped rather sharply. He did already know that feeling, albeit on a much smaller scale, and he knew what crime had brought it along. He wondered if Kiada has the comfort of knowing why.

Returning to the street, brooms in hand, Caiside offers one to Kiada and begins the task of sweeping the street clean. He is, admittedly, more than a little distracted by Kiadas continuing explanation. ”I can’t imagine what the other worlds must have been like, if this is the easiest.” He said with a chuckle, pausing and resting his chin on the broom handle. ”It must be nice to have found some simplicity here. I would say I’m jealous, but... honestly I would rather not be here at all, whether it’s a good chance or not.” The smile clung to his lips still, despite the melancholy tone his voice had taken on.

”I was ripped away at a very... inconvenient time.” Caiside explained lightly, returning to his task, if only so he could focus his eyes anywhere other than his companion. ”Not that I haven’t... met people, and learned things, but I would still rather be home.” He wasn’t though, and his experience wasn’t unique. That was probably the most difficult realization for him to swallow. He was no longer special.