[SE][OPEN] Never Learned to Swim
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
BEATRIX
There is always someone cooler than you
And that someone is me
Beatrix stayed just as she was, eyes narrowed, hands on her hips. Despite having a similar complexion and hair texture, she really didn't look a thing like Zariah - though Bea would really wail on you if you pointed that out. "Oh so you know her name huh? Lotsa people know her name." she said, still not convinced with Peter's story.

But he continued to babble and make absolutely zero sense. Her nose scrunched a bit, eyebrows furrowing with confusion. "Literally nothing that you just said was a complete sentence." she said dryly, clearly unimpressed. She did remember Aunt Edrei saying some people just weren't as smart as others, and those people were slow and even though they were beneath them we should feel a little bad for them. Maybe this guy was like that? His parents were stupid and so he was just too stupid to know better? Bea reached out and patted Peter's head. "I get it. You're slow. I'm sorry your parents were stupid and made you a slow baby." she said.
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
Peter
Terrified of what I'd be
As a kid, from what I've seen
Every single day, when people try
And put the pieces back together
Just to smash them down

Peter sighed through his nose, his teeth worrying at his lips. It was clear what he’d said had been less than convincing, had barely been an explanation, but that didn’t take the sting out of having his words thrown back in his face by a child. Frustration turned to anger, hot in his throat and caged behind his teeth, but absent from his features.

”I’m not slow.” Peter snapped, pulling himself away from the condescending hand on him and standing. ”And I’m not lying. Why would I lie to you?” The tone was a far cry from how it had been, Peter too focused on not lashing out to overthink his words. ”Maybe... maybe you just weren’t told.” It wasn’t exactly what he wanted to say, but even in his anger, a little voice inside of him told him to not say that would jeopardize him, or his position. There was no reason to believe Beatrix was lying about who she was, as pettily satisfying as that would be, so he needed to tread lightly. What he did would reach Zariah, there was no doubt of that.

Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
BEATRIX
There is always someone cooler than you
And that someone is me
Oooh she made him maaaaad. Beatrix snickered, pulling her hand safely back to her side. ”Because Launceleyn’s are the best. Only dumb-dumbs wouldn’t wanna be a Launceleyn. So…I guess that would mean you aren’t completely slow. Maybe just kinda sluggish.” she said with a cheeky grin, glancing over at her basket in the water to make sure it was still floating the right way.

That she may have not been told made her simply shrug. ”I suppose. I am only a kid you know.” she said, seemingly unperturbed. But there was a mischievous glint in her eye, one that indicated she had no intention of stopping her harassment of him. He made it too easy. ”But it makes you real mad that I think you’re lying doesn’t it?” she said with a smirk.
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
Peter
Terrified of what I'd be
As a kid, from what I've seen
Every single day, when people try
And put the pieces back together
Just to smash them down

Peter drew himself up to his full, albeit unimpressive, height and stared down at Beatrix, his lips pulled into a tight line and his brows punched together. It seemed typical that it was a child who’d pulled such emotion from him, somewhere be he couldn’t retaliate against even if he truly wanted to.

With a long suffering sigh, Peter forced his face into a more neutral expression, trying to regain some power in the conversation. ”I don’t... don’t care what you think. If... I’d you think I’m lying, then... you can think that.” The only effective response had to be a non response, if he made heckling him no fun, then she would stop. In theory. It was something worth trying, Peter was going to need to figure out how to deal with her at some point.