Mini Event flying too close to the sun
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
IANTO
Ianto's gaze flicked across to Remi, the merchant's smile nothing short of wicked, but he turned quickly back to address his audience. "You can find the sun's rays reflecting in the Stonesong, or peeping through the trees of the Wildwood. If you're lucky, you might capture one in your basket and help the Fae with their task! But if not, don't fret... for the seasons must march on, and as long as the days get, we know they must grow shorter again."

He shrugged his shoulders and leant back on his hands. "On the longest day of the year, though, it's a time worthy of celebration. Bring your basket and a gift to put in it, and join your friends and family to release the sun again as it rises. Oh--" Here he glanced around at them, mischief in his eyes. "Do not forget to show your apprecation for our lady Safrin, however. If she notices the days getting longer, she might bring the stars back before we are ready to see them!"

Well this all sounds wild. Feel free to pitch in with reactions and ask questions!

The story will wrap up in 24 hours. :)
i know places we can hide

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
As people crowded around Ianto Bastien drank from his wine and watched them, finding their reactions to the story almost as interesting as the words themselves. Their rapt faces were wonderful, something he wanted to remember so he could draw it later, all lit by the campfire and brought together by the power of a story.

He had nothing to ask. As a performer he knew how much he hated being interrupted mid-show, and Ianto was definitely a showman.

Though as he heard Safrin, Bastien gritted his teeth. He had wanted to fully involve himself in the traditions of the place this summer so he may understand the land better, but...he did not have the best relationship with his signora delle stelle anymore. Hopefully, if he did have to say anything to her, she wouldn't listen.
I am still waiting for the visions
Possession has yet to take hold of me
We all want to burn on a pyre
So tell me what kind of witch are you
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
ROANA
I can hardly wait
to see you come of age.
Roana's boys grew increasingly excited by the second. Make baskets, capture the sun, a celebration?! It all sounded so fun and they almost seemed to vibrate with the energy that each word of Ianto's tale seemed to infuse into them. Roana sighed and shook her head at them, a small smile on her lips. She was never going to get them to bed after this, that was for certain. They'd be up all night, crash at dawn, and she should just say goodbye to having non-nocturnal children for the foreseeable future. But one tugged on her shirt and whispered a question, Rhett of course being the most inquisitive of the three. But Roana was not about to ask for him. No, no - it was important that they learn to speak up for themselves.

So Rhett raised his hand, very much like a good classroom aged child might, and once he had the attention of Ianto , very bravely asked, "But it's not actually catching the sun, right? Cause it's not uhm...it's not a hard thing like a rock? It's just really bright air or shiney water in the basket right?" Cormac nodded in sage six year old approval and Jax 'ooh'-ed and nodded emphatically. Very good question! Rhett wasn't satisfied with his wording though and whispered something to his mother, who whispered something back, prompting him to clarify himself. "It's just sim-ball-kick-ly catching it?" Rhett added in clarification.
But I guess we'll have to be patient,
'cause it's a long way to go.
CORMAC RHETT & JAX
Table base and considerable assistance from Sky!
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
?bea
Beatrix listened with wide-eyed attention, leaning forward towards Ianto slightly, hands pressed to her knees to steady herself. The fairies had very weird practices but they were fairies so that automatically made them really cool too. And if the fairies did it she would have to do it too because...because. Who wouldn't want to do the same things that fairies did? She wasn't about to miss out on the fun, that's for certain!

But then he mentioned Safrin - and though her mother did not really think much of the deities here she had heard of them. It just meant she didn't really know what exactly he meant by show her appreciation for Lady Safrin. Her brows furrowed as she tried to figure it out, but ultimately just decided to ask. "How do we do that? Just bring her stuff or something?" Beatrix asked, not really sure how she was supposed to show appreciation to a lady like that. It wasn't like she had a house or something that she could just go to. She was pretty sure she had to go to one of those shrine things but she never saw anybody there.
you can call me queen B

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
Wessex snorts quietly to herself, half-enjoying the story even as she dismissed the Fae as superstitious idiots. Or maybe she’s just bitter about everyone else enjoying the sunshine while all it does is make her weaker and grouchier. So much more of a grouch than she was before. If that’s even possible.

Not to mention that she doubts Safrin would be pleased with an offering from an abomination. Hell, the goddess would probably try and direct the sun’s rays to target her and turn her into a little pile of ash.

Still, the Ascended remains prone in the grass (purely out of curiosity and a need to know things) on the edge of the group, keeping her thoughts and grumbles to herself. No point in ruining it for the rest of them. The eyerolls, however, are plentiful and well-hidden in the dark.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
IANTO
The trio of boys caught Ianto's attention easily enough, and he shot them a golden smile for their trouble, tipping a wink at Roana and nodding emphatically in return. "That's right," he said. "But don't underestimate the power of a symbol - whilst you might not be plucking the sun out of the sky like an apple, you are still catching its essence, to make our LongHeat days as long and warm as we can. I'm sure the Fae of the Greatwood will appreciate your efforts."

Glancing next to Beatrix, he let out a musical laugh and shrugged his shoulders. "Why, how best do you like to be distracted?" He asked. "Sing her a song, make her a gift! Anything you think would please her royal starness."

The fire was warm and crackling merrily, and drinks and food were flowing. "There you have it then, my dears. You ought to keep your eyes peeled for baskets in the Greatwood - sometimes the Fae are kind enough to leave them for the finding! Now, let me tell you a tale about the most beautiful voice in the Stonesong..."

Thus concludes Ianto's tale, and the Mini-Event! You can now teach the tale to others if you like.

This thread will remain open for another 24 hours, if you would like to post a reaction.
i know places we can hide

Coding base by Sky!