Mini Event flying too close to the sun
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
IANTO
To look at Ianto, it wouldn't seem as though this was the fox's first Longheat. He wore his shirt open, his long coat abandoned on the ground so as to not cook him within it while he went about fanning the flames of the bonfire he had created. As evening fell on a day that had been long and stifling, the sun beating down on one's back and shoulders, a pleasantly warm breeze stirred the long grasses in the fields. Those grasses would brown in this weather soon enough, Ianto thought - precisely why he thought he would have this gathering now.

He had left no notice (he disliked going further than the Outskirts, in truth), but the beacon of the fire and the delicious scent of roasting meat would draw some people, he hoped. And where some of them came, he could impart his stories. And they could spread the word from there.

Once he was content that everything was where it should be, the fox flopped back into the grass as though it was the most ordinary thing in the world, to light a huge bonfire and hope for the best, tucking his arms behind his head and closing his eyes. Quietly, but enough for his voice to carry, he began to speak:

"When the days grow as long as the longest of nights, and the shadows stretch and the shores creep dry, there is a great excitement among the winged folk of the Greatwood..."

Feel free to sit around the fire with Ianto and hear tales about the Fae traditions of LongHeat! Drink, feast and enjoy yourself. :) The tale will begin in 48 hours. <3
i know places we can hide

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

With blankets and liquor aplenty, the hawk joined the fox in the dry grasses with an easy smile. Setting things up where they could be easily taken by those who would gather, the alchemist took a seat a quarter of the way around the fire from his friend to better see and hear him.

Dressed simply as he was normally want to do in a plain white shirt (stained with charcoal, of course) and brown pants, Remi lay down on his side, occasionally using his magic to alter some bit of the fire wood to facilitate the plume of flames.

Яemi

I'm holding on to all the pieces of my heart's debris, until it's time
I'll pull it together and fix myself eventually & know it's mine
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Killian Soleil
Scout

Age: 27 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Zoa Offline
Change author:
KILLIAN
The smell of food most certainly did draw people in, at least it did Killian. He'd been out walking anyway, the promise of something delicious just gave him a reason to be walking, and a destination. When he arrived on the scene, he found a familiar face, and a not so familiar one. A bonfire with food, drinks and a tale to tell, once again Kiki's spirit guide had come through.

He greeted them with a grin, and walked over to where the two men lay on the soft grass. From there he plopped down on his butt, put his knees up and leaned back on his hands. He was content for once to just listen, though that also could be because he had a roasted chicken wing to keep his mouth preoccupied.

i find it so romantic
when you look into my beautiful eyes
and lose control
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
Bastien loved a good tale around the campfire, and Ianto had proven himself a wonderful showman already. Upon hearing of the event he made sure he could come - his and Rexanna's exploration had been... shallow at best, and it was not hard to venture back for a night. It seemed the woods were truly impenetrable.

Besides, perhaps he could learn something useful.

He sat by Remi, drinking from a bottle of sweet wine and occasionally leaning it towards the Alchemist in an offer in case he wanted any. Other than this small action he paid rapt attention to Ianto's tale.
I am still waiting for the visions
Possession has yet to take hold of me
We all want to burn on a pyre
So tell me what kind of witch are you
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
ROANA
I can hardly wait
to see you come of age.
Roana arrived quietly, knowing this gathering might draw some folk who'd rather she become a hermit and never see the light of day again. In fact she had in a way, her habit now to only socialize with Remi and Ronin and Ianto - no one else wanted her in their parties, their outings, their adventures after all. And it was fine, better to have few friends who knew her heart than many who hid behind masks and pretty words and pretend nervous smiles.

Of course, with her was a gaggle of boys.

She smiled towards Ianto and Remi, nodding to the others gathered, glad for now that none of her biggest critics were there. Cormac, Rhett, and Jax were on their best behavior, following their momma like good little ducklings, clearly just barely controlling their excitement. As she, Cormac, and Rhett sat, Jax moved closer to where the food was, a tin in his hands. Nervously he glanced back it his mother who gestuted towards Ianto and Remi. But Ianto was laying down, so he set the tin down and whispered to the alchemist "I made deez for everyone...". Inside were crudely shaped but tastey cookies. Then the toddler rushed back to his mother to sit and listen to Ianto with his brothers.
But I guess we'll have to be patient,
'cause it's a long way to go.
CORMAC RHETT & JAX
Table base and considerable assistance from Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
Zariah came, but she did not sit in the circle. Expressionless as always, she hung a little back, close enough to hear, but not really part of the group. Her youngest, Jace, was in her arms, far too serious for a boy his age. Beatrix stood at her side for a moment before she surged forward to claim a spot on the blanket.

She was young. She'd learn that socializing was overrated in time.

Besides, that wasn't the point. Zariah was there to hear what the man had to say, to learn more about this world. The more she knew, the more prepared she would be to lead and protect her family. That's all this was about. Nothing personal. Just business.

Zariah
Come join the chorus of the unimpressed
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
?bea
Ugh, mom could be such a stick in the mud.

Beatrix had been excited to go to this gathering. Finally! Doing something! Anything! She tended to be a little stir crazy these days. So this was a welcome change...but then mom wanted to not even join the fun. Such a grump. She wasn't sure how she ever got to be such good of friends with Neron that he wanted to marry her. Maybe he liked boring ladies like her mom.

So as soon as she could, Beatrix rushed forward, plopping down right next to Ianto. Not that she knew his name. He just seemed the most important and important people were the best people and Launceleyn's only made friends with the best people. So this was where she would sit to listen with rapt attention to whoever this important fellow was.

Dumb mom, missing out on meeting important people and fun.
you can call me queen B

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
Silently, without drawing attention to herself, Wessex joins the fringes of the growing group. Ever curious about the Outlander who’s managed to infiltrate the forest, she takes this more as an opportunity to learn about what’s out there than socialize. In fact, she kind of recoils ever so slightly at the number of children running about. She may have been a babysitter in her youth, but the idea of taking care of yelling, bouncing, bratty little people makes her want to see just how long it’ll take her body to heal itself from self-inflicted wounds.

Wearing very little (ooh, scandalous!) the Ascended lounges on the dark grass at the edge of the firelight, staring up at the stars and waiting for story time to start. None of her people (Bastien doesn’t count) are ‘around’ so there’s little desire to really make herself a part of the group.

Creepy lurker? More her style.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Lily
The smell of burning wood and the sound of voices lure the redhead closer until she can tell that this is about to be a thing, and she doesn’t want to be left out. There’s some real FOMO going on. Bashfully helping herself to a little bit of the liquor by Remi, she settles down by the lion-man with a soft smile. Should Bastien look her way, she offers him a slight tip of her glass for his help with building her business, but then her gaze turns to the others, whom she doesn’t know. Kids. Maybe someone behind the group? Can't tell. Can't be bothered, really.

“This is quite the treat,” she murmurs with a lean towards Remi, quite happy to let someone else take center stage for a night, especially when he’s bound to have a novel story to tell. Theres nothing worse than sitting around and hearing a tale you’ve heard 53 times before.
women are like tricks by sleight of hand
which, to admire, we should not understand
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Change author:
MP: 3061

A bonfire, food, drink, tales of mystery and magic... obviously Ronin was there. With Sugar soaring in lazy circles over the gathering and Aoife burbling against his shoulder (the girl's starry eyes were on the pale dragon rather than the man with the fiery hair who was telling stories), he moved to sit down next to Roana given that Remi was busy with the food. Ronin also planned to be busy with the food soon enough, but first there was a tale to hear, apparently.

"Hey," he murmured to Roana in a quiet hush, offering her a bright smile and shifting Aoife to cradle her in his arms. She flopped there quite contently - with the stars glittering above, she was perfectly happy to lie out among them and enjoy.

RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Change author:
IANTO
They came in their dribs and their drabs, and whilst Ianto didn't stir from his comfortable place on the grass, he smiled nonetheless. Perhaps, he thought, this might be a way to finally help to bridge the gap between the Fae and those within the barrier. Only time would tell... but he could try, in the meantime. Once they were all seated and comfortable, Ianto shifted to sit up, staring quietly into the flames of the bonfire.

"Why are the Fae excited, do you ask? Why, because they are the cause for these long and lovely days. They have caught the sun and held it just so, like a kite tied on many strings." He smiled, blue eyes flickering around at the group before returning to the fire. "I know what you're going to say. Ianto, that's impossible! But maybe you ought to do as the Fae do, and see for yourself. Weave your baskets, make your nets and catch those golden rays. The days will grow ever longer with your help."

What do you think? Is Ianto talking crazy talk? Pop a reaction in here within the next 24 hours if you fancy it. (This is not compulsory). The story will continue after this time.
i know places we can hide

Coding base by Sky!
Killian Soleil
Scout

Age: 27 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Zoa Offline
Change author:
KILLIAN
More and more came to join in the event, most of which he didn't know. He'd seen quite a few of them around, but only a couple he knew by name. It was strange, to think that there were so many he was yet to meet, when he'd already met so many. He grinned amusedly, watching one the three boys who followed Roana near Remi and quietly hand him a small tin. Gods he loved little kids, he couldn't wait to have one someday (something that he'd always been sure he'd do, but hadn't actually put any thought into how that would happen, who with, or whether or not it was a good idea. It was just gonna happen ok).

Soon Ianto began his tale, Killian laughed a little when he started, in such a theatrical tone. The story he was telling seemed interesting enough, with or without the dramatics (however they were always appreciated). The fae's summer traditions reminded him somewhat of a holiday that he might've had back in Regne du Jour, to catch the sun. Soleil might not love the idea, of her subjects trying to capture her, but she'd always made an exception for Kiki. He smiled, remembering her warmth.

i find it so romantic
when you look into my beautiful eyes
and lose control
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Яemi
you're every song that fills my mind

Recognizing almost all who came and were seated, Remi offered nods of greeting as they in turn arrived: to Bastien who took up a seat at the alchemist's side, Ronin (and Aoife by extension) and Roana who sat next to him, Zariah and a girl Remi could only assume was her daughter (only half-right), and finally Wessex and Lily. He didn't recognize the other boy, Killian, but were he to glance in the alchemist's direction Remi would offer him a boyish and warm nod of hello.

Tossing a bottle of something towards Ronin, Remi flashed his friend a bright grin, before accepting another bottle from Bastien. All the while he stole glances towards Ianto, a bright and buoyant smile breaking out across his face as the fox began to speak.

Table base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Change author:
MP: 3061

Grinning back at Remi, Ronin caught the bottle in his free hand and uncorked it with his teeth. The feat and the pop noise brought a wide and happy grin to his daughter's face, and Ronin (taking a sip from the bottle before offering it around) was content to entertain her until the fox began to speak. And when he did, both the guildmaster and his starry eyed girl listened with rapt attention, as if the legend was coming to life from the merchant's lips.

"Capturing the sun to make the days longer, huh?" He whispered to Aoife, tickling her under the chin. "That's quite something."

RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving