[SE][OPEN]EXCUSE ME
Open Basket Making SE
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
BEATRIX
Double, Double Toil and Trouble
Something Wicked This Way Comes
If you think Beatrix was gonna miss out on a chance to do something that fairies did you would be thinking real wrong! First of all: fairies. Fairies were probably the coolest thing ever and she wanted to do what the fairies did because fairies did it. Duh. Anyone who didn't was stupid. Second of all: she had literally nothing better to do. Blah, blah train her magic, get stronger, yeah sure but that was boring grown up stuff. So Beatrix had gone out and gathered the materials she figured she needed for a basket, which was just a bunch of really long, really stiff (she didn't know what a reed was per se) grass, then marched her way back into town, arms full of the stuff.

Now she had to find someone to help her make them because boy did she have no clue where to start with that.

So Beatrix made her way to the Rathskellar. Sometimes Aunt Edy worked there and she knew lots of people went there so she was bound to find someone who could and would help. She managed to get herself inside without much fuss and found an empty table. Glancing around it seemed most were either too busy working or drinking. Ugh. Adults. Worthless. The barely ten-year-old (ooh yeah, baby, double digits!) set her big stack of reeds on an empty table before clambering up onto a chair, then up onto the table, not caring at all about the dirt on her boots getting all over it.

Beatrix cupped her hands around her mouth, then took a deep breath and shouted, "EXCUSE ME! CAN ONE OF YOU HELP ME MAKE A BASKET! I GOTTA CATCH THE SUN FOR THE FAIRIES! THANK YOU!"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
Ronin was... like... out. Without his daughter or anything too pressing to take care of. He was actually out, enjoying a drink at the Rathskeller after a morning of training (jogging around the Outskirts was getting real old, real quick, but hells he had to get himself back in shape somehow). Having enjoyed a pleasant enough conversation with the bartender - where Edy was these days he didn’t know - and saying hello to Vai as she passed through for a visit, Ronin was about to head off, when Hurricane Beatrix roared through.

Like the rest of the patrons, Ronin swivelled on his chair to glance around at all the ruckus, though the difference for the guildmaster was that he was not alone on his stool. The pale dragon who had been snoozing around his shoulders awoke with a start at Beatrix’s demands, trilling unhappily. Ronin, at least, found it hilarious. ”You got it,” he said, rescuing the rest of the Rathskeller.

Rising to his feet, he approached the table Beatrix was stood upon, humming approval at the number of reeds she had collected. ”These should work great!” he announced, like he knew what he was doing.

Coding base by Sky!
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
BEATRIX
Damn straight she got it! Teehee...Edy would be proud of her use of that.

Beatrix broke into a wide grin, glad someone had the brains to come help her. Because if no one did she would have just yelled again. And louder. That was the best way to get attention and what you wanted - by being obnoxious. But her attention was quickly grabbed by the white creature that came with whoever this very smart man was. Her eyes widened, gaping openly. "Is that a dragon?" she asked in awe. "That's so cool! My Aunt has a bobcat and Bobi is real cool but a dragon is waaaaayyyyy cooler!" she said, desperately wanting to grab it but also not wanting to get bit. Bobi never bit her but this was a dragon and she didn't know it and she had just enough manners to know better than to grab a dragon of all things.

But it was back to work and Beatrix kneeled down on the table, giving a pleased not when the man said what she got was good. "Perfect! I'm Bea by the way. Beatrix Launceleyn." she said proudly - as she ought, Launceleyns were the best. "Okay, so!" she said. very dramatically, splaying her fingers out wide as she assessed her gathered grass. "We gotta make baskets to catch the sun in the water and...I have no idea what I am doing." she said with a grin. "Uhm, so...a basket looks like this...like a basket you know?" she said, grabbing chunks of grass and curving them up in a "U" shape. "But I don't know how it's supposed to stay together." she said, letting it go in demonstration, sending grass absolutely everywhere.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
The aunt with the bobcat would have given the game away even if her name hadn't, and the guildmaster grinned and offered a suitably noble bow to the Launceleyn girl. "Ronin Taliesin," he introduced himself as was proper, the pale dragon around his shoulders chirping her own little greeting, though she was enjoying her nap far too much to play. "She is a dragon," he confirmed with a wink, "but I doubt very much that she will be much help in making this basket."

Neither did the two of them, by the look of it, but hey - whatever. Little details. The ex-captain nibbled at his lower lip and sank down into one of the chairs around the table, gathering up the longest reeds as if wondering what they might do with them. "How about this?" he suggested, starting to criss-cross the reeds so they wove together in a loose frame. How they would turn that into a proper basket was beyond him, but hey, it was a start!

Coding base by Sky!
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
BEATRIX
Beatrix's little brows furrowed at his name. It sounded familiar but if you thought she payed any attention to major events you'd be sorely mistaken. Adults were boring usually and argued over stupid things so she just...ignored it all. But his name seemed...familiar. "Are you someone important?" she said bluntly, almost to the point of sounding rude.

When he noted the dragon wouldn't be helpful she gave him an unimpressed look. "Well yeah, they burn stuff." say she said, as if it was the most obvious thing ever and he should definitely be embarrassed for saying it.

Her eyes watched intently as he started weaving the reeds together. Beatrix's head tilted to the side a bit, almost like a puppy that was confused. She pointed to the slight gaps between the reeds as he weaved it together. "How's it supposed to catch the sun if it's got holes in it? It'll just go through and get all on the ground." she said, pushing at the reeds to try and press them closer together.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Ronin raised an eyebrow at her blunt question, unable to stop the laugh that came bubbling up in his chest. "Important?" he echoed. "I wouldn't say any more important than anyone else!" Ah, but humility, he was learning, didn't necessarily make it true. "I fought the Spire monster back at the beginning of Flowerbirth. You might have heard my name around about then," he supplied for her; never mind that the reason she'd have heard his name was because he was dead.

Flashing a grin across at Beatrix, he shook his head. "Not this dragon," he told her, as if it were some huge secret. "This one freezes stuff." Winking, he sat back to let her examine his workmanship. And the hmmmm that escaped his lips suggested that she thought he was absolutely right, Ronin getting up and itching at the stubble on his chin. "I have an idea," he said, marching away to the bar and having a few quiet words.

When he returned, it was with a clean rag and a ball of string. "If we set the cloth inside the basket, the sun won't be able to escape," he said. "And the string will hold it all together."

Coding base by Sky!
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
BEATRIX
Beatrix’s nose wrinkled as her eyes narrowed at the man, trying to figure out how anything he just said was supposed to jog her memory. Fought the Spire demon, huh? Her mom hadn’t said anything about it but Aunt Edy had been real upset about it. ”Are you the guy that blew up?” she asked, just as bluntly as before. It seemed her bluntness was less intentional and more of a character trait.

That the white dragon somehow could freeze things instead of burning them seemed to completely shock the girl – because it did. Her eyes widened and a little breathy whoa… sort of noise snuck through her lips as she gaped at the dragonling. ”That’s so cool! I want a freezy dragon!” she said in excitement. She just had to figure out where to get one. Which…was a pretty big stumbling block because she had no clue where such a thing would reside.

Beatrix waited for Ronin to get whatever he was getting at the bar, continuing his pattern of crisscrossing all of the reeds. It was a much more dexterous task than she had anticipated, and by the time he returned her brows were scrunched together in concentration; having made very little progress. But the solution to put in a rag and tie it all together with string seemed solid to her. ”Okay, let’s try it!”
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Ronin couldn't help it - he burst into musical laughter at her bluntness, the ex-captain nodding amicably and reaching forward to help her with the rest of the criss-crossing reeds. "Yes, I am the one who blew up," he confirmed, Sugar snuffling into his ear grumpily as if to request that he didn't speak about that period of time in their partnership - namely, the time she'd spent without him. His smile fading a little, he shrugged to Beatrix. "But now I'm back. And here to help you make this basket."

Her awe at Sugar had the baby dragon stirring around Ronin's shoulders, nosing the air as if to try to get her measure of the girl. "Well, you never know what might happen. There might be even more types of dragon, just waiting for someone like you to come along and find them."

But there was more work to be done before they could explore that further. With the frame finished, Ronin pressed the cloth into it so it would mould to shape, before using a small pocket knife to poke a few holes for the string to thread through. "I think," he said, "this might just work!"

Coding base by Sky!
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
BEATRIX
”How did you do that? My mom said once you blowed up you are supposed to stay dead.” Beatrix said, eyeing him skeptically. ”And my Aunt Edy was real mad about it too. I know cause she bloweded up other stuff and yelled at a lot of people but she thought I wasn’t watching.” she said, a sneaky grin curving her lips. ”But I am real good at spying on people.”

That there could be other dragons with other abilities seemed to stump her a bit. She tapped her chin, brows furrowing a bit. ”What about a dragon that could blow bubbles?! Like…really really big ones and you could get stuck in them!” she said with a grin, clearly letting her imagination get away from her.

Beatrix took the string and carefully worked it through the holds in the fabric to tie it down to the reeds. When she had done so, she looked it over, smiling when she decided she had given it a thorough inspection. ”Oh, yeah! This should keep the sun in there!”
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"Oh, you are supposed to. I guess I am just very, very lucky. And I have some very good friends." None of which was false, but he barely knew how to talk about what had happened to him with adults, let alone with someone of Bea's age. It was easier just to handwave it, at least until he'd had time to come to terms with it himself. "You are, huh? You ought to grow up to be a fine spy, then." Ronin winked to her. "There's more to it than just being sneaky, you know. You have to be a very good listener."

His smile widened at her ideas about a dragon, and Sugar chirped up her approval from his shoulders - though luckily she didn't try to give any icy demonstrations of her own skills. "Maybe," Ronin said, nodding his encouragement. "The only way to find out is to go looking, I guess."

Turning his attention back to the basket, he seemed pleased to have gained her approval about what they had made together. "Looks like we make a pretty good team," he remarked. "You'll have to come and let me know how it goes."

Coding base by Sky!
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
BEATRIX
Whatever else Ronin said seemed to go in one ear and out the other, her capacity and attention span for listening having reached its limit (so much for being a good spy, right?). Instead, Beatrix was far too pleased with having her basket. She was making short work of all of these things she needed to do to keep the days long for the fairies! ”I will! Thanks for helpin’ me out…” she started but paused, face wrinkling. Ronin Taliesin was so long and so stuffy. He needed a nickname for helping her. A wicked meta-shaped grin curved her lips as it came to her.

”Rony-Pony!”

Beatrix hopped off the table then, basket in her hands. She glanced around at all the dumb-dumbs who hadn’t helped before taking a big breath and shouting, ”The rest of you are dumb-dumbs and really missed out! Bea out!” Then, basket in hand, Beatrix marched herself out of the Rathskellar, very pleased with herself.