This One Went to Market
For Lily
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

So this was the human version of the Bodega, was it? Jiao stood in the corner of the markets, looking the stalls over with crossed arms. Wearing a hood and a long dress, she was hoping to be a little more subtle today (though while they were dark, the fabric she had chosen still contained small embroidered patterns in a shining purple) despite the wings coming from her back.

It was a shame, she thought, that these people were so boring. There was really a lot of skill in the market, but so much of it was devoted to very basic needs or simple, functional items; things made for a town surviving and not living. She was sure her own wares would be seen as extravagence here, could see why the people she had met so far had been so plainly dressed.

She so badly wanted to see any joy in this place, some frivolity, some entertainment. They had to have fun sometimes, right?

With a disappointed sigh, she floated down to sit on a barrel by the wall and watch the crowds go by, her wings catching the light and reflecting rainbow patterns on the wall behind her.
Jiao
And the bittersweet of every new defeat
Is I'm stronger than before
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:

Lily might have missed her if it weren’t for her wings shooting prisms all over the wall - a fact that made the redhead do a serious double take. Her eyes grow wide as she watches the small, exotic (in every sense of the word) woman sit on that barrel and watch everyone else. Which is funny, because Lily’s watching her watch others… anyway.

Once the entertainer accepts and partially digests the fact that the woman has wings, her attention shifts to the absolutely exquisite dress she has on. The Outlander’s mouth practically begins to water, she misses her pretty things that much. The jewel toned dresses, the combs, the decorative embroidery and hot irons with which to curl her hair… the jewelry too. Oh, she had a decent collection - all gifrs, of course - and there was nothing she loved more than laying a sparkly thing above her cleavage and watching men stare into the low-cut abyss of her abundant, milky-white breasts.

So naturally, Lily has to know where she got the fabric and how she, too, might have something made for her. Trying not to seem too eager, as it could sometimes drive up the price, she strides over to the small woman, appreciation in her eyes. “Your dress is gorgeous. The fabric is a masterpiece in this drab, drab world. Where did you get it?” She flashes a curious, but genuine smile at Jiao, as if she asks these things of Fae all the time.

lily
as if you were on fire from within
the moon lives in the lining of your skin
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

As Jiao looked up to see a rather beautiful woman approaching her, she smiled and took in all of Lily she could see, feeling the giddy rush in her heart that only came from seeing very pretty ladies.

And to her delight, Lily came to speak to her. "Oh thank you! I made it and dyed the fabric actually. " She answered, pride clear in her voice as she fiddled with the hem of the dress.

"I'm a seamstress in Sidhe... we seem to know about more colours than anyone else here. " Jiao cast a judgemental look over the market, everyone's functional clothing.
Jiao
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

She made dyed the fabric herself? Lily’s face must look rather incredulous as she hears that the woman is an incredibly talent craftsperson. For a moment, she reaches out to touch the dress, but manages to stop herself mid-gesture, as if realizing that she hadn’t asked and it would surely be exceptionally rude.

And then, of course, the redhead is painfully aware of her own functional clothing and the winged lady’s critical eye. She blushes ever so slightly. “Clearly,” she quietly agrees, letting her gaze drift upwards, to her angular face and beautiful wings. “I have no skill with fabric, but I can sing and write songs. Would you be willing to trade something…?” she trails off, leaving the question open-ended.

She isn’t a great bargainer, but something vaguely competitive rose in Lily and she so desperately wanted something pretty to shine in for her Cabaret’s opening.

Jiao

lily
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Change author:

Jiao, spotting the rather unbelieving expression on Lily's face, determinedly kept her neutral face on but stared with a challenging gaze. She had had to learn how to do a lot of things on her own, for no one ever did things just how she liked them. Dying fabric wasn't even that hard, just required patience and some petals, some water.

"Trade something? Umm, okay. I don't know if I'd want a song....Jiao mumbled to herself, tapping her lips with her finger as she considered it. "But maybe you could perform for me...? Or you could owe me until you have something better." There was a rather clear casual disdain for Lily's musical talent here that Jiao did not seem to be aware of in her own speech.

"What would you want, anyway?" She asked, pushing herself off the barrel and down to the floor, her wings making her descent graceful.
Jiao
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:

No songs, then. Heard that loud and clear. Which is fine, she’s already composing something for Ianto.

“Oh I can perform for you,” Lily responds with a soft, husky voice that takes a massive leap of faith and some big ‘ol lady balls to utter. What else does she have to give beside her body, her sensuality? Her skills lie in the bed and on the stage, potentially in that order. Do you think she’s unaware of the effect she has on men - and yes, some women too. “Or owe you a favor…” a sly little secretive grin darts across her lips as she stands, more than a full foot taller than the beautiful little Fae.

“But I think one would be more fun than the other,” she concludes with a little flick of a strand of hair over her shoulder. “Whatever you think is worthy of a corset in a similar color… or maybe a color that would go well with my hair?” A soft hmmm ends her musings as she drinks in the other worldliness of the woman’s wings in action.

Let’s see if she has better luck seducing her way into new clothes.

Jiao

lily
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Change author:

Jiao couldn't help the little grin of delight that immediately appeared on her face as she heard Lily's tone of voice. She loved to flirt, especially with such beautiful women. Sure, she was a weird barrierperson, but...maybe for a pretty face, Jiao could drop a few predjudices. Just this once.

"I think most colours would go. It's very beautiful." She complimented, the easy smile on her face not quite matching the slightly awkward words. (Unfortunately for Jiao, she liked to flirt but also estimated her skills at it far above where they actually were). "Your hair, I mean. And the rest of you too." Jiao's smile widened and her eyes moved up and down Lily.

"A performance sounds great to me. Is there a time and a place you do them? Or am I going to get a private show?" She asked, immediately bursting into giggles after she asked.
Jiao
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:

She flirts more awkwardly with women than she does with men, but it’s still probably smoother than the Fae’s attempt. Lily rolls through a series of emotions, from a demure blush at the woman’s compliment to amusement and then to brashness. “It can be whatever you want it to be… private. Public, if you’re into that kind of thing.” she says with a sly grin and a giggle. The public part is mostly a joke, of course. Mostly. She might consider it, for the right reason. “I have my own big place in the Settlement. Or… I could come to you.” The Village. Now that’s a thought.

Except for one problem. They don’t know each other’s names.

“I’m Lily, by the way. Lily Balfour.”

lily
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Change author:

"It's gotta be private, or you're giving everyone else a free show. That's not very special to me, is it?" She pointed out, a smile still on her lips just at the idea. Jiao wasn't quite sure just how interesting the dance would be, but from Lily's general demeanour she assumed it'd be something a bit more special than a few twirls.

She shook her head with a little laugh at the idea of showing up to Sidhe with a human woman. She could just see how that explanation would go. Oh no everyone, it's fine, she's an Outlander human but she's going to do a sexy dance for me. No, it would have to be in Sanctuary.

"Lily...that's pretty. I'm Jiao." Holding out her hand tilted down, it was not clear wether Jiao expected her to shake or kiss it.
Jiao