[SE][OPEN] Singing for Safrin
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Beatrix
Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice
But Before You Mess with Me
You'd Best Think Twice
Beatrix was doing what she did best - exploring and getting into trouble. She had heard about the underground, but she had never been. Her mother didn't like when she went off and explored places that might be dangerous after the incident in the labyrinth... but today she was distracted with Jace who had a LongHeat cold. So Beatrix slipped away and went into the underground, a little lantern in hand, looking to see what sort of fun things she could find.

Quickly she decided she liked this place. It was dark and gloomy and creepy. Talk about fun!

While she was exploring in the back of her mind she remembered all the fairy stuff she was supposed to be doing. Hmmm. Well. She supposed she could sing Safrin a song while she explored - and coming up with songs wasn't that hard or impressive like adults liked to think it was. Especially if it was just a fun little ditty to pass the time and make a catchy tune. After a few moments, a good little rhyme came to mind, and she sang it proudly aloud:

"Safrin is the Starry Lady,
But in the sun we like to play!
And 'tho the stars at night are pretty,
Please, Starlit Lady, stay a-way!"
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Bastien was looking for a Shrine to The Voice he had heard of, after his lack of luck in the temple. Perhaps he could try again to contact her, find some kind of instruction to latch onto, a way to achieve his goal of ascending to godhood. He knew this was where she had first appeared, so perhaps it would be somewhat of a hotspot...he wasn't sure. He was getting a little desperate.

He was surprised as he came to the entrance and heard...childish singing. Bastien stood at the opening to the dark, for a moment wondering if this was some kind of trick. A poltergeist or beast hiding as an innocent child. But...a part of his heart tugged at him: if it were a real child, he could not in good conscience leave her to wander beneath the ground.

Closing his eyes and rubbing the moon on his neck, he entered. As he got closer to Beatrix, he recognised the words of the song to be about Safrin...he hoped fervently this was not going to be a trick of hers.

When Beatrix was in sight, he waved. He had never been good with children, but he knelt and tried to adopt a friendly smile. "Piccola Cucciola, what are you doing down here? It is far too dangerous for little girls. Besides, Safrin is in the sky. She won't hear you down here."
Bastien
With a flash of the ankle, snarl of the lip
I see you in the street and gasp
Cause only Anarchists are pretty
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Beatrix
You'd Best Think Twice
Of course, as children are apt to do, the words changed ever so slightly as she went on, looking around various corners and under rocks - this place was so cool! She would have to ask her mom why they couldn't just live down here!

"Saffy, Safrin, Starlight Lady,
In the sun we like to play!
While the stars at night look pretty
Please, dear Safrin, stay a-way!"

Beatrix jumped a bit when she heard a masculine voice. There weren't a whole lot of men in her life anymore. Loren disappeared. Neron had never been found. She didn't have memories of her father or other brother Wyeth. So male voices tended to surprise her anyways - she just didn't hear them at home often. She whirled around and blinked at the crouching man. Also, why was he crouching? Why did grown ups do that? They were taller than her, crouching down didn't change that, it just made them look like they had to poop.

"I'm explorin' and singing about Safrin for the fairies." she said, putting her hands on her hips. "Well it's a good thing I'm not a little girl then 'cause I'm a big girl! My Aunt Edrei told me so!"
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Singing to Safrin? Ah yes, like Ianto had said. Bastien hoped the girl's song would not attract down the star goddess to the cave. With a slightly nervous glance back behind himself, as if expecting to see a sudden night sky and Safrin herself stood there, he shook his head and turned back to Beatrix as she revealed her Aunt Edrei. He wanted to sigh, knowing that if this girl was related to his old coworker she was sure to be a handle.

"Well. This place is dangerous for big and little girls. For most people, really. And wouldn't you rather sing out where it's warm and sunny? There are flowers out there in every colour you can imagine." He gestured outside. He knew that would have worked on himself as a child, but he had no idea if it would appeal to this particular girl.

This, he remembered, was why he did not make a habit of speaking to children. "My name is Bastien. What is your name? Let's go on a walk outside of the dark scary cave, hm?"
Bastien
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
Beatrix
You'd Best Think Twice
Slowly, one little eyebrow arched above her eyes as she watched and listened to what this man had to say. Not safe for big or little girls? Sounded more like he was a big ‘ole scaredy cat to her. ”I know what’s outside, I had to go through there to get here.” she said in tone that clearly indicated she thought him far less than possessing of his full mental faculties. Stupid. Plain and simple. She thought this fellow stupid.

”I’m Beatrix and I don’t go on walks with men I don’t know.” she said as she turned on her heel, descending further into the underground. Her song though was definitely loud enough to reach his ears.

”Safrin, Safrin, look what I found
This old coot who’s big and scared!
Don’t bring the dark like in the Underground
So his fearful heart can be spared!”
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
"Well, yes, but--" Bastien sighed. He really didn't know how to argue with children. It was difficult, when he hardly knew how to speak to them in the first place. It was probably not appropriate to bring in philsophical points nor raise his voice, so he simply tried to go further into the cave.

”I’m Beatrix and I don’t go on walks with men I don’t know.”

Was that what he was? Oh Gods, he supposed it was. "A very wise policy, and one I support, but not when the other option is a dark cave that quite likely holds monsters and beasts wi--" Before he could finish his sentence she was off. Singing a song that called him an 'old coot', a name that almost made him want to turn around and leave her, but he couldn't.

"Safrin isn't down here!" He insisted as he followed her, trying to speed up so he could get in front of her, something that should be easy given his much longer legs.
Bastien
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
Beatrix
You'd Best Think Twice
Unimpressed did not even begin to cover how little Beatrix thought of Bastien's arguments. They were probably sound arguments, but she didn't care. She was here to explore and explore she would! But it seemed he was intent on following her around with his scaredy butt self. Adults. Such a pain. Except for Aunt Edrei. She was perfect.

With a dramatic sigh crossed with a groan, Beatrix spun around to face him again. "How do you know where she is, are you her secretary?" Beatrix said snidely, not really knowing what a secretary was but knowing it could be used in a way to demean someone. "Maybe Safrin likes it down here cause it's dark and she likes nighttime." she said with a shrug. "Besides, Safrin is a goddess and goddesses do whatever they want wherever they want. Just like me!" she said before sticking her tongue out at him.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
"Secretary, no. But I do know Lady Safrin quite well." That wasn't...strictly a lie, right? He did know her. They just didn't get on.

Beatrix was really quite beginning to get on his nerves. He could just reach out and grab her of course, drag her out; he was a strong man and she a young child, but Bastien could not imagine the way that story would sound when it was told later. "Safrin does not like this sort of dark, though. She likes where you can see stars, like outside."

He tried a new tactic. "Do you have a mother? She must be worried about you. I can take you back to her, if she lives in the town."
Bastien
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
Beatrix
You'd Best Think Twice
Beatrix looks at him skeptically. Knew her well, huh? ”Well if you know her so well then why don’t you just ask her to come here and tell me herself she doesn’t like it.” she said, very much sounding the perfect little snotty brat. ”I bet she won’t come cause you won’t even sing a song for her. You just are a scardey butt who doesn’t like doing fun things.” she said, sticking her nose in the air.

Oh. But then he mentioned her mother. Most kids might’ve shaped up right then. But Beatrix? She broke out into a fit of snickers. Those snickers quickly turned to eerie, near-maniacal laughter. ”Why don’t you go and tell my mom on me. Nice knowing ya!” she said, still snickering as she turned to continue her exploration.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
"Me and Signora Safrin have not always gotten on." Bastien told her, struggling to keep his eyes from rolling at this pretentious, precocious child. Had they always been this obnoxious? It made him feel as old as Beatrix said he was, but he felt he remembered days in Venice where children were better behaved and sweet, listened to their elders.

She continued to walk down. For a moment he simply stood and watched, wondering if he could have a good nights sleep ever again knowing he'd left her to go into the darkness. Dannazione, he couldn't.

"Hey! What if I sing with you, then will you stop going so far down into the caves?" Remembering her song lines from earlier, Bastien tried to invent his own song to continue it, his voice strong and sure and even throwing in a few dance moves.

"Dearest Safrin, lady of the sky,
I am singing to you but know not why,
Please show this little child where you are,
Not in a cave with nothing but scares!"

Not his best work. But he was performing for a 9 year old.
Bastien
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
Beatrix
You'd Best Think Twice
"If you're not even friends with her then why would I listen to you?" Beatrix said, seeing a cool rock that would be fun to climb. So she did, finding good foot and hand holds as she clambered up to the top of it. It wasn't very high, but it would still not be super pleasant if she fell off of it.

Beatrix looked back at the man as he tried to persuade her. She put her hands on her hips indignantly, listening to his song like a surly judge. "That didn't even rhyme." She said dryly.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
"Because I am the grown up here." He insisted, though even Bastien could hear how the whiny insistence in his voice didn't help his case there. Watching with flat, tired eyes as Beatrix climbed the rock and insulted his song (which he had actually thought pretty good for something made up on the fly) he pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"I have tried to be nice. Let me put it this way." He said, as he stepped towards the rock. "I am going to count to 3. When I have gotten to 3, I want you to be off the rock and ready to walk home. If you are not, I am grabbing you and dragging you all the way back to Sanctuary."

Hands on his hips, he began to count.

"1..
3.."
Bastien
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
Beatrix
You'd Best Think Twice
Bea rolled her eyes as he insisted he was an adult so therefore he should be listened to. Clearly that wasn't a compelling argument to her. "I only listen to adults with brains." she snipped at him.

But oh, he was going to count, was he? Snort. Like he was scary. As he did so Bea glanced up, seeing that the ceiling had carved bits. Perfect. She did as her mother taught her and extended her magic, willing the world to bend to her will. And just as Bastien reached the number three, she disintegrated a bit of carving, releasing a rock about the size of a grapefruit to come crashing down on Bastien's head.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien struggled to not mime throwing up at the precociousness of this child. He was irritated enough to grab her when suddenly a rock came falling down and hit him on the head. With his Ascended resilience it was not enough to knock him out or seriously wound him, but it still stung and he reached up to hold his head with a shout.

Then he had an idea. If they were using magic (which he assumed she had to be, from her smug expression and the perfect timing), two could play at that game.

Activating his soothing aura, he tried again. He had only tried the hypnotic affect for Rexanna, but it would work for this too, surely? "That was not very nice. Please, can you come with me? I really am not trying to hurt you, and you are trying my patience."
Bastien