Personal Quest [HUNT] willow weep for me
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

Ronin held his ground beside Melita, cautious, wary and infinitely glad that his comrades were alright (and alive). The banshee shrieked and keened and focused on what she had clearly decided was the weakest link out of the group. With doleful eyes she staggered towards Emmett, the sudden wail leaving her throat one of infinite grief and sadness. The grief of one who had lost their family, lost them in the dark... in the dark on a long, long night.

Black, viscous blood gushed from the wound left in the wake of Roana's attack - the banshee's decision to change her focus, however, would mean that the ex-captain's rounded swing would fall short, slashing at the air where the creature had been before her lurching about to get at Emmett.

Hissing a curse under his breath, Ronin grabbed at one of the torches and nodded to Melita. "Let's end this quickly," he said, leaping the barricade that he might distract or set the horrific creature alight.

Post order:

Emmett
Remi
Roana
Melita

You have 48 hours to respond.
RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

It seemed Emmett's trials were not over. While Remi had not ruined his face, the Banshee came with him with a scream that completely immoblised him, hands clasped around the handle of his axe but no movement. The scream contained emotions he had felt in his own soul, things he knew keenly and deeply and had tried to forget.

While the other people in the team ensured he would not be struck Emmett recovered, but he was still working with tears in his eyes as he surged forward, his axe aloft above his head as he ran forward and tried to bring it swinging down into the banshee.

---

Emmett does a stab
Emmett
It burns too bright
I think about my self a lot 'cause it's the only one I've got
I've earned this life
What have I done to earn this life?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
As soon as Emmett confirmed that he was alright, Remi was on his hands and knees trying to judge the battle. For as many tricky situations as he found himself in, he'd never been properly taught the mechanics of a fight before. Were this not such dangerous time, Remi might have smirked at the memory of Ronin trying to teach him how to spar.

Instead, though, Remi did what intuitively he thought seemed right: placed his hands over his ears to block the sound.

As he did so, he grabbed at the earth-wall he'd magically created and thrust it upwards towards the banshee. His aim was to stuff the creature's mouth full of earth so that it couldn't shriek anymore.
remi
roar

Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
She missed??

”Fuck!” Roana swore through gritted teeth, clearly displeased with herself. Even so, she followed through her swing again, shifting on her feet to re-align herself with the monster. As it shrieked, she ground her teeth, feeling it reverberate through her bones. It was truly awful, and were it not for sheer grit and training fine-tuned to instinct she may have stumbled under it. But she did not. She persevered.

Again Krosis came swinging through the air with practiced ease, both the banshee and Emmett in her sights. This time she aimed right for its head, away from the farm boy but intent to kill the monstrous wraith of a woman.
Roana
'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
The banshee’s outcry never quite waned; it curled and recoiled down the length of Melita’s spine – all the sorrow, all the grief, all the agony tormented and twisted around, galvanized and shook her to the core. The youth knew the sinking despair, the overwhelming misery, and it returned, festering, withering, and decaying from within. She swallowed it down and tried to burn it away with her rage and vexation, but with each wail it encompassed her soul. For a few moments she thought to look away, incapable of harming a creature who mourned with such a heartbroken, doleful scream.

But then Ronin issued his command, glowing in the torchlight, and she inhaled one sharp intake of air, amidst the pools of broken throngs, and wondered if this was for the good of humanity. If they were getting rid of something to protect someone else. If they were attacking simply because they could. Or – if this was the demon’s exit, their dirge, their swansong, their pyre, their way to freedom and liberation, for naught else would allow them peace or comfort.

Her heart felt heavy, not light, not buoyant, not eager or fervent for the fray – taxed, weighed down, and she had to shake her head to allow the cobwebs to drift off into the distance, to incite, to encourage her to move forward. Her eyes darted at her allies, her comrades, some in danger, and she nodded back to Ronin, suddenly all movement and motion, grabbing a lit torch for herself, and maneuvering past the barricade.

No defenses now – it was all them.

The girl advanced, staff in one hand, torch in the other, intending to swing and poke at the beast with her weapon, hoping to distract it so one of her fellow hunters could finish it off. If it came towards her, she’d swing the burning wood its way too – hoping this would be it (she could listen to the cries any longer; they sounded like echoes and reverberations of the past, reflections she didn’t dare glance upon).
See I've come to burn your kingdom down
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

Melita and Ronin moved like liquid fire through the night, their torches blazing and leaving streams and sparks of gold in their wake. That in itself was enough to dazzle the banshee, and as the honeybee girl poked at the creature with flame and ember, Ronin ensured he held his torch high and aloft, circling around to give his companions better illumination to work by.

The light danced off the blades of axe and sword, both of them hacking into the creature in hideous synchronisation. The axe bit into the banshee's skull and Krosis sliced it clean at the neck, leaving Emmett holding the creature's severed head, still screaming - only for a shower of dirt to silence it forever.

Ronin could only hear the sound of his own blood in his ears at that point, the guildmaster panting and wary that the banshee might yet still (somehow) live. Its body twitched, but headless, it was of little bother to them.

"Well," he said softly, straightening up and lowering his torch. "I would say that is definitely more of a success than my last banshee. Teamwork, eh? Thank you. All of you. I'm sure the Woodlands and those who hunt here will be glad to know that they can walk at night a little safer."

Thus concludes the PQ! Thank you everyone who participated! <3

Please feel free to leave a reactionary post - Ronin will be taking the banshee's head and claws back with him to the guildhall.

And if any of your characters would like to join the Monster Hunter's Guild on the back of this, hit me up!
RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
there’s a light that you give me when I’m in shadow
Shifting back into his regular body, Remi sniffed indignantly at his friend. "More of a success, mm?" The alchemist said as if wounded, though the mischievous glint in his gaze would suggest that he wasn't at all. "Well and here I thought we had done rather well. Good to know what your expectations really are, Ronin."

Offering his friend a sly smile, the alchemist would hang back to help dissect the creature as was necessary and drag the parts they had decided to keep back to the guildhall.
there’s a feeling within me, an everglow

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:

As Emmett felt the impact of his axe, heard the sickening crunch of blade meeting flesh, he squeezed his eyes shut despite himself. He'd killed before, had to for farm work; knew what a cut felt and sounded like and what the eyes of death looked like, but this was rather more intense and he could not bring himself to watch the moment of climax.

He only opened his eyes when he noticed a weight on the end of his axe. He opened his eyes to see the Banshee's head still attached and jumped, immediately going to slide it off against the ground.

Panting, staring at the creatures head on the ground, he felt a little panicked, a little weird, but...proud, too. Excited to hear what Ronin had to say. A smile began to grow on his face, the knowledge that if he had the chance, he'd like to do this again.
Emmett
It burns too bright
I think about my self a lot 'cause it's the only one I've got
I've earned this life
What have I done to earn this life?
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
This was what she’d missed from her time in the Rift: the sensation of camaraderie, the fighting spirit, the savagery built between bonds and kin, forged through hell and fire, through ghosts and catacombs, through desperation and sacrifice. She added her own sinister movements and motions into it, forgot the sullen, anguished cries of the banshee as she fed into the fervor, as she knelt into the flames, as she basked in the glow of triumph, conquest, the defeat of an enemy.

But she was silent when it all ended, when the beast was cut by ax and sword, when she was severed and torn into pieces. The girl stared down at the corpse, could feel her muscles shaking, quivering, her fingers shuddering with the weight of her staff bearing down upon it, with the torchlight still burning in her hands. Suddenly everything was very heavy, overwhelming, and she breathed in the remaining fumes of chaos, eyes hunting and searching for clarity in the bloodshed. The honeybee child panted in the summer evening, drenched in the inferno, come to rise again with her brethren; not knowing how to feel, what to say, what to do. Ronin’s voice was a drone, a buzz, in her ear, and she lifted her head to it, numb, hardly taking it in, nodding at the thank you, but then staring at the other faces. How did they feel? What was she supposed to say? For once, she was silent, hollowed and carved out, without the bedlam, without the mayhem, flourishing around her. A tiny smile beckoned its way to her lips, but then, there was nothing.
See I've come to burn your kingdom down