For Ronin
Bastien De Rosieres
Guildmaster / Artist ☆ Artist's Sanctuary Guild
Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 6
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP:

The tradition he had heard of, this 'capturing the sun', introduced by Ianto's expertly told story...Bastien thought it quite quaint. A superstition and nothing more, clearly, but sweet. Reminded him of the odd traditions of his home. Not to trust a black cat or walk under a ladder, to always knock the statues bases as you walked past to avoid bad luck. To put out a meal for Saints on their holidays.

While he liked these kind of things, found them interesting, he had never really participated before. But he had told himself he was going to become more involved in the culture, so he tried to put his own spin on the idea of catching the sun.

He was going to paint it.

When you painted someone right, you said you 'captured' them, so he thought it close enough. Although this particular sitter he could no longer sit before and observe, now that his Ascended skin would burn, so he sat underneath the shade of a tree in the late evening, painting the last remnants of a slow sunset. Humming softly to himself he put paint to canvas and did not look elsewhere, completely relaxed.

Bastien
Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay
Life is a cabaret, old chum
It's only a cabaret, old chum
Ronin Taliesin
Guildmaster / Monster Hunter ☆ Monster Hunters Guild
Age: 26 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 17
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (ice breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP:

"Hey, Bastien!" The greeting was bright and cheerful, and its owner waved in an arc as he meandered through the fields towards where the Ascended sat in the shade with his canvas. Ronin had decided to catch the sun in his own way, too - he'd been basking in its warmth all afternoon, in fact, and had succeeded in catching the sun in his very skin. It was a pleasantly tanned guildmaster who approached the shade of the tree, his shirt tucked into the back of his trousers so he could enjoy the lingering rays of light on his bare skin.

"What are you up to?" He smiled to his friend, arching an eyebrow as he caught sight of the sunset, seeming impressed. "Aaaah," he said, starting to understand. "I'll admit, I didn't think you the type to grab a basket and try to chase sunbeams. This is much more you."

ronypony
it's always nice to make an impression
Bastien De Rosieres
Guildmaster / Artist ☆ Artist's Sanctuary Guild
Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 6
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP:

"Ronin!" Bastien exclaimed happily as his friend approached, lifting his eyes from his work to take in the sight of the hunter coming towards him, bathed in sunlight and magnificently tanned. "My. Here you approach like the character of an erotic novel. I do wonder sometimes if you are trying to seduce me." He realised belatedly that this had likely been Ronin's version of capturing the sun - in his skin, and smiled all over again with that thought.

"Yes. I thought I'd find a...more dignified way to catch the sun. I see you have worked something out too." He cast a blatant glance down Ronin's torso, then cleared his throat as he raised his eyes. "Would you like to join me? I have a spare canvas and some more paints...you may have to manage without an easel, but some of the best pieces of art in the world were done without."

Reaching for his extra canvas, he held it out to Ronin with a friendly smile. "I would be honoured."

Bastien
Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay
Life is a cabaret, old chum
It's only a cabaret, old chum
Ronin Taliesin
Guildmaster / Monster Hunter ☆ Monster Hunters Guild
Age: 26 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 17
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (ice breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP:

"Oh no, no, Bastien. I don't think I am nearly wet nor smouldering enough for an erotic novel," Ronin disagreed with mischief in his eyes, hooking his thumb into the waistband of his pants as he admired the sunset that his friend had captured so wonderfully. He lifted his gaze just in time to catch the Ascended blatantly eyeing him up, Ronin casually striking a pose as though that might help matters.

"That I have," he said. "And I would be honoured, as well, to join you in catching this particular sunset before it disappears for good." Nodding enthusiastically, he accepted the canvas with a murmur of thanks and proceeded to plop down on the grass and observe the scene before them.

"I would offer to let you join me tomorrow, in my method of catching the sun, but... ah, in your condition... perhaps it is best not to risk it." He chuckled. "How long have you been out here?"

ronypony
it's always nice to make an impression