another eternity
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
Leaving along the flower-strewn path, the girl is still awash in wonder, adrenaline and exhaustion setting her nerves into a wired, vibratory state. She could fly back to the sky, touch clouds, she thinks- or she could fall into the sleep of the dead. Her bare toes are cold on the evening grass despite the summer warmth, and she wraps her arms around herself to keep warm, pulling her dark blue tunic tighter against her skin. Jyoti spins and trills around her, swimming merrily on currents of air, but Amalia is quiet, thoughtful, musing, thoroughly exhausted and utterly bemused.

As soon as the tulmhainar freed her from his mind, Amalia's thoughts returned to her friends. The night has waned in the girl's absence, and the moon now hangs low in the sky, mysterious and distant as it stares down on the woods. Somewhere, Kiada and Adam wait, still unaware of their future fate. She had not meant to leave for so long, to abandon them to wonder; but she has not found a way to free them, either, has failed in her attempts to reason with the fae.

Returning to the edge of the pit, Amalia lets out a large, loud yawn. Feathers have sprouted around her shoulders, flecks of white within her hair. She looks around briefly for Delah, hoping to once again entreat that her friends be freed before descending back down underground. Kneeling, Amalia turns owl eyes to the bottom, calling down in a carrying voice to the ones below.

"Kiada? Adam? Are you okay?" Beside her, Jyoti's sparkling nose peers into the hole in the ground, great eye spinning to investigate the bottom without quite flying over the lip.

You are flesh and blood
And you deserve to be loved
and you deserve what you are given
And oh, how much
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Adam
It starts with a teaspoon of trouble - It ends in bliss and penury
There is no pension plan for heroes - So you'll want to get the hell out of my way

Adam came out of the cave at the sound of Amalia's voice, where he had been napping yet again. There wasn't really much else to do, and a lack of food tended to make you feel pretty sleepy. He was surprised to find that she was still alive, having assumed that she would be long dead the second she'd tried to escape.

Hopefully he dashed out, looking up...to see Amalia and some kind of...large fish thing that was flying. His mouth moved with no sound, furrowed brows marking the bewilderment on his face.

"Uuuuuuuuh. I'm..okay, Kiada's good too...is this a break out? The fuck is...that?" He asked, pointing to Jyoti.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
AMALIA
"It's a break out for me, at least."

Amalia sits at the edge of the pit, dark eyes bright as she stares at the man. Jyoti trills beside her, cooing, delighted to have brought some good news, to be able to assuage fears and doubt. After reuniting with the others she returned to Adam, unwilling to leave the man behind, unable to believe Delah will not release him. The fae seem to want nothing more than for them to leave, all of them, Outlander and Natural alike. Adam may not have come in with them, but he has become a member of Amalia's team, and the girl has no intent of leaving him.

But it cannot hurt to let him wonder, if only a minute more.

Letting her legs drop over the lip of the pit, Amalia leans forward, elbows on her knees. Still 30 feet above the dark man, she has to project her voice to be heard, yelling down into the pit while simultaneously attempting to seem blase. "Kiada and I will be heading back soon." Trying to appear somewhat somber the baker tilts her head. "I would hate to take you from your new home, right when you've gotten comfortable again..."
You are flesh and blood
And oh, how much
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Adam
There is no pension plan for heroes - So you'll want to get the hell out of my way

Amalia seemed so casual sat on the edge of the pit...Adam felt an uncharactisteric pang of worry as he watched her lean in over the cusp, but reminded himself if she wanted to she could fly. Anyway, since when did he actually worry about people?

That was the sort of thing people who cared did, and Adam wasn't one of those people.

He laughed at her joke and shook his head, pretending to try and climb the wall. "Mate, get me the fuck outta this new home. I hate it. It can go fuck itself." Coffee appeared behind him from the mouth of the cave, excitedly trilling when he saw Amalia and going to fly in circles around his master, bobbing up and down with happiness.

"I think Coffee wants to leave too."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AMALIA
She cannot help but crack a grin: he is ridiculous, far below and looking up, his skinny form and wild hair perfectly disheveled by poor upkeep. Of course she will not leave him behind - but it is fun to tease him while she waits, wondering if Delah or another Fae will come to lift him from the pit.

Turning to Jyoti, Amalia pretends to confer with the whale before turning back to the captives. "We have decided that Coffee is welcome to come along." Amalia extends an arm to the dragon, should it choose to rise up and join her outside the pit, while the calf trills her agreement and swims a circle around the lip. "You, however, are already in my debt. Sure you want to owe me more, Adam the Thief?"
You are flesh and blood
And oh, how much
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam

"Oh, y'have? Right, well, bad for you, Coffee and me don't really part ways. This little freak even waits outside when I piss." He yelled up with a grin (though this was not a joke). Coffee seemed to confirm his words, swirling about Adam and decidedly ignoring Amalia's outstretched hand.

It was news to Adam that he owed Amalia and he put his hands on his hips, tilted his head. "Hey, I offered to pay you with these sweet lips, and you said no. Not my fault you turned down the best thanks you were ever gonna get."

Coffee nudged at his hip, clearly quite eager to actually get out. "But..hey, banter aside, I do kinda wanna get out of this big hole."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AMALIA
"Ah, Coffee. I thought we had something special." Mock-wounded, the girl sniffs, withdrawing her hand to ghost over Jyoti, a gentle rhythm which makes the sky-calf trill. There is a jealous note among the starlight, causing Amalia to laugh. She arches a pale eyebrow at Adam, shaking her head dismissively. "The way I remember it, there was talk of treasure. I did not see much treasure in that pit."

Ah, but the serious topic that undercuts them rises again to the fore. The mirth in her face fades at once, replaced with a serious look. "And I want to get you out," she promises, looking around for someone to help. The rescue team should be right behind her: Jigano and Deimos and Caiside and Samuel. Delah, perhaps, will be nearby, ready to step in and try to stop them, but Amalia has a secret suspicion that if they all refuse to leave without him, even the warchief will be swayed.
You are flesh and blood
And oh, how much
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Though they had slowed their steps to appreciate the beauty of the Sidhe Village, the bard, at least, had never let Amalia get too far ahead, wanting to keep her in his sight for a little while now that they'd been reunited. Afraid, perhaps, that in spite of her hugs and warmth and laughter that she was some Fae illusion, sent to trick him into leaving empty-handed. He did not crowd her steps or try to hold her, but even as he spoke softly to Caisie and Samuel, and kept a hopeful eye out for Kiada, his gaze always returned back to the sister of his heart.

The Pit that she led them to was deep and dangerous, he decided as he peered over the edge at the lanky, wild-haired figure down below. Adam was an unlikely creature at the bottom, and utterly unfamiliar to the loreseeker, who turned to raise a brow at Amalia. "What's this about 'sweet lips?'" he murmured softly, for the leopard's ears alone, having only caught the very tail end of the conversation. "Is this something your brothers should know about?" Gently teasing, he offered her a smile, and then measured the depth of the pit once more with his eyes.

"We're going to need a rope," he said, at a more normal volume. "Or some very sturdy vines. Unless you can shift into something smaller?" He called down to Adam , a little dubiously. It would have to be very small indeed for his raven form to lift the other man out, but perhaps with the assistance of Coffee and Jyoti...? And Amalia too, if that glimpse of feathered arms in the midst of the flames of the Stonesong meant what he thought it did.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam

Amalia seemed to finally drop the jokes, at least a little, and Adam was relieved. Not that he didn't like fun and banter (it was practically his career) but when he had been stuck in a valley for days, he had little energy for games. He knew that it was getting bad, because he actually wanted a bath when he got out; such levels of desperation were rarely reached by the Highwayman.

Someone he didn't recognise came up beside Amalia. Adam had to stifle a laugh, thinking that he looked like a weird elf (though the main elf he'd known had been very much...less flowy) but keeping his face mostly free of obvious amusement.

"Uh, no mate, I can't do the shifting thing. Can't do everything, you know? I got a dragon and my seduction skills, if I could turn into a bird or whatever it wouldn't be fair!" He yelled up, the humour covering up his insecurity about his lack of magic, something that rather a lot of people here seemed to have.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Delivered from the blasts
They followed; his eyes watching Amalia – casting back and forth for Kiada, for signs of other impending torment or danger, the unknown such a beckoning, bestial throng. When they finally arrived at the pit, he listened, but also crept up to the edge, glancing down at the massive hole, the cavernous wake keeping prisoners at bay. He strived not to think about his friends suffering down in the dungeon, how it could’ve been so much worse (the chains, the tethers, the lines caught at wrists, gates never opening, torturous screaming, sacrifices meaning more than just entangled memories). There was the aforementioned Adam currently sitting in its hold, and so he spent the next few moments ascertaining what could be done, how far the fathoms crept, while the rest of them discussed. For once, he didn’t listen. His analytical mind was content to crawl amongst these drones and intervals instead, useful and necessary; they thrummed and hummed, imagined something easily brought into the fold.

Silent as the grave, he twisted his hands towards the ground, concentrating on the invocations he immediately implored – a breath, an inhale, a sigh, a pulse of his blood, before the items finally came to fruition, rope curling, coiling, and bundling along the earth. He continued adding to it, allowing the knots to form, to mold and piece and weave in amongst one another, a strong textile, meant to rescue and liberate. When he thought it complete, he merely maneuvered back to the trench, tossing a large bundle of it over the side, the end hopefully swinging next to Adam’s head and bouncing off the side of the soil: a gift, a means to safety and release. He left two feet or so in his grasp and trailing on the ground, easy to access if necessary. “Can you reach?” The beast called down, the first words he’d loosened, anchoring himself, muscles undulating, eager and ready to be utilized, so he could drag the man upwards.
the last of a line of lasts
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AMALIA
Amalia looks up as Jigano draws beside her, a pale blush blooming across her cheeks at the bard's playful tone. Wrinkling her nose in clear distaste, the girl shakes her head. "He thinks he can seduce his way to freedom- but I wonder if he isn't more your type?" The girl arches a pointed eyebrow, though her flush does not fade. Indeed, rose deepens to crimson once Deimos arrives; rising quickly to her feet, the baker dusts her pants, hoping that he has not heard, trying not to think about the lips she does wish to kiss.

Slightly more composed, Amalia turns to face the men, her arms held tight across her chest. "We're going to need to help him up-" But ah, the leviathan is already on it, a length of rope produced in his hands. The baker evades as he throws it down, though appreciation and admiration is written on her face. That he should have a solution is no surprise: he is a savior after all, a knight with no armor, who asks for no fame.

Falling into line before him, Amalia grasps a segment of rope, ready to help and heave the thin man from his prison of dirt and stone.
You are flesh and blood
And oh, how much
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam

Some scary looking guy (what was he gonna do, punch the valley?) came up, and Adam took a couple steps backwards, until he saw the rope began to take form. He grinned, as always entranced by magic and surprised by it being wielded by Deimos.

As soon as the rope was in reaching range Adam grasped it, surprising strength in his shoulders and thighs holding him on. "Whoo! Thanks!" He yelled up before beginning to walk up the edge of the Pit, looping the rope around his hips to make it more secure. It was hard work, but with Coffee hovering by to help him keep his balance and the experience of a lot of escapes behind him, Adam would find himself at the top in a short amout of time.

When he reached the top he surged forward to hug Amalia. "Thanks." He whispered into her ear, more sincere than she ever would have heard him be.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Jigano raised a brow at Adam's banter, glad to see that captivity hadn't cowed the man, whoever he was. "Hang on, we'll see if we can get you up," he called back, then turned to Amalia with a grin for her teasing.

"Mmm. Well, he's not blond, blue-eyed, and Rory, so I'm afraid he's not very attractive to me," he teased back, grin widening in wicked delight as her own blush deepened. But while they considered what steps they would need to take to hoist the captive Adam out, Deimos was already had at work with his magic, and Jigano stepped warily back as the bigger man moved to the edge of the ravine to toss the work of his hands into the pit.

While Amalia and Deimos served as anchors and helped Adam climb out, the bard kept a wary eye out for Delah, ready to step forward and try to distract her should she appear to protest the freeing of her final captive. Right until the last moment he expected her interruption, but when the strange man finally topped the edge of the ravine and made it up the bard let himself relax slightly, raising a brow at the easy physical familiarity the man seemed to have with Amalia.

"Should we try and head back as one big group?" he asked those gathered, thoughtfully. "With Arduinna's protection, we should be safe to move about the forest... and that warchief would probably be glad to see the backs of us. I need to stay and look for Kiada still, but perhaps some people might want to head back sooner and let those in the Settlement know that we're all in one piece?" Sam and Killian, he thought, who had been so quiet and brave, deserved the chance to make good their escape. And Adam... well. He was probably the most at risk for being thrown back in the pit, being part of neither the sacrifices nor Arduinna's merry band. Sending Adam back ahead might not be a foolish decision, but the bard waited to see what the others would think, first.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Delivered from the blasts
The lightest indentations of a snicker carried their way along his mouth, a break in the rubble and ruin, at Amalia’s intonations and movements before him; had it been another series of moments he might have teased and taunted, mischief on his breath and lips. Instead, he had to surmise some concentration, digging his heels into the earth as Adam snagged the rope and hastened himself up the dirt, soil, and earth. The Reaper was a bulwark, a cornerstone, a foundation in the synapses and catalysts of the occurrences, muscles pulling and binding them together. His muscles preened at the notion of being utilized, coiling, rippling; no lacerations swept, no piercing swordplay at hand, but something regardless; he was useful, he was practical; and if was all they’d came for, at least he’d proffered and extended a necessary role.

As Adam rose and finally managed to make it to the top, the beast set about recoiling the rope, intending to place it along his others tools and weaponry hastened to his belt. A series of inquiries and questions settled along his mind, especially regarding further sacrifices, if Adam had been one, anything about the monster lying cloaked and hidden in the walls of their forest embodiments – but they died and withered as Adam grasped and hugged the baker. His eyes inclined towards Jigano’s in a silent, confused scenario – camaraderie in uncertainty and bewilderment. He shrugged it off, not even bothering to inquire further, as the bard’s questions floated into the space. With the liberation and rescue seemingly complete, it was probably wiser to head back the way they’d come, returning back to a known civilization where they were sometimes welcome. But…curiosity entangled within him too, and the opportunity they’d suddenly been granted was hard to pass by. “We could split off – if some want to explore. We could reconvene here at a designated hour?” Maybe it wasn’t the best notion; but the boldness, the impudence, the way they’d come so far - when would they be granted a chance again?
the last of a line of lasts