My Favourite Ghost
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Adam
Adam was relieved to see the hardness leave Peter's eyes. He had worried that accidentally he'd lost any bond they had just by speaking of his home; had too many questions now for them to fall apart. He stayed quiet as Pet moved down and asked his questions, leaned back to consider it himself.

"...I guess it means we're from the same place, right? I...hm." He looked Peter up and down and thought about what he'd heard from him about his home, how he had dressed. "Sounds real different though...I...do ya think it's possible we're from...I guess different..time...s...?" The way he stretched out the sounds made it clear he was very unsure about this suggestion.

"When I got kicked out, it was 1649. What about you?"

At least everyone is trying, everyone is shining
Everyone deserves the flames but it's such a shame
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87

Peter frowned in Adams direction, his eyes closed as he tried to go over things in his head. It still sounded too outlandish to be true, but there was no other explanation he had that made sense. ”Different times? That might... that might make sense?” There was the same amount of certainty in Pets voice as there had been in Adams.

1694? The year sounded almost absurd, at least wen applied to his home. For a moment, all he could do was stare at Adam, taking in everything about him again. ”When I left it was... it was twenty two... sixty... eight?” The exact year was fuzzy, had never mattered much to him, but the fact that there was such a gap was what threw him off. This new knowledge left a strange feeling in his chest, like a thread now stretched between him and the other man, tugging at his heart and the pit of his stomach in equal measure. This connection terrified him, as much as it drew him in.

”What was it... what was it like?” Thinkif back, Peter couldn’t remember a world he would describe as nice. Hell, he had arrived in Caido and seen more green in a day than what he’d see in a year back home. But there were rumours, stories and legends carved into the bones of ruins, that hinted at what had once been.
PETER
They don't know you like I do
The little secrets that you keep
I'm gonna haunt your dreams at night
You'll have to hide those kitchen knives
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Adam
"Yeah, it does make sense." Adam insisted, not wanting to lose the thread of trust he'd apparently managed to make with Peter. Even though the concept was difficult for him to get his own head around right away. He wasn't even sure if it mattered. Other people came from the same worlds as each other, didn't they? He was sure he'd heard it.

But even if it didn't matter in a grand sense, he knew it might help him get closer to Peter.

"Damn that's...I can't even really imagine that year." Adam's perception of numbers was warped given his inability to read, but he understood that what Peter had said was much greater. "Uuuhh...I dunno, it was just home, you know? I had a horse called Flash...I was a highwayman, at least for the last few years. There weren't just humans. There were elves too, and I've heard rumours about centaurs and shit, but I never saw them." He shrugged.

"We had better technology than here. Lighters and guns and better lights. I haven't seen any rails here either, and they were just starting to roll out those around big cities." Adam leaned forward suddenly, touched his fingers to Peter's wrist. "But you understand what this means, right? We were brought here together. We even came at kinda the same time. It's...y'know, a sign, or something."

At least everyone is trying, everyone is shining
Everyone deserves the flames but it's such a shame
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87

What Adam described sounded nearly as outlandish to Peter as Caido itself had, though there was just enough that he could cling to to keep it believable. ”I remember elves.” He mumbled darkly, staring at the bark of the tree. ”I heard about... heard about all kinds of other... other things too. And the technology is...” Peter cast his mind back and sighed deeply. It had been overwhelming.

The fingers on his wrist drew his eyes back up to see Adam, closer than he had been before. Close enough that if Peter wanted, he could lean forward a breath and they would be touching. He didn’t dare think beyond that, not that he needed too, his lips tingling with remembered sensation as his ears, then cheeks, went red. l”What... what do you... a sign of what?” Peter sputtered more than usual, then reached up to put his hand against Adams chest and push him away.

Peter was silent for as long as it took him to recover, then he was trying to move past whatever Adam had been trying to imply, asking questions about the differences between their times. The redness in his ears never really went away, not until he needed to return back to the manor, andnleave Adam begins him.
PETER
They don't know you like I do
The little secrets that you keep
I'm gonna haunt your dreams at night
You'll have to hide those kitchen knives