Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
You know what was boring?

Pick-pocketing someone only to find out what had been taken wasn't worth shit. Or at least, when the Launceleyn girl had put on the (magical) glasses she'd sniped from one of Jigano's pockets, everything looked...

well..

the same.

So naturally Edy was going to do the right thing and return the glasses.

Saying that she'd merely found them, of course.

"yoooo hoooooooooooooooooooo—" She called down the winding stairs leading into the proper guildhall chamber. "Anyone home?"
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
The voice was a welcome interruption to his work, not least of which because he recognized the owner of it and her gleeful energy. Irreverent, confident, trouble on long, long legs and wearing a smirk like the cat who was still licking cream from her whiskers, Edy was a breath of fresh air in the cool stone depths of the guild hall where Jigano was working on a key for the language in the book he and Killian had found the other day.

He allowed himself a wry grin as he pushed back his chair from the several books open before him, pushing himself up into a spine-crackling stretch as his young friend came into view.

"Edy!" he greeted with a sly smile. He'd noticed his glasses were missing a few days after their field trip, and had no reason to connect her with their disappearance, though he had been upset at the time that he had been clumsy enough to lose such an important item. "What brings you to brighten my doorstep today, my Lady of the Flames?"
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edy grinned at the sound of Jigano's bones giving a lovely crack in the stillness. "Ooooohhh, sounds like someone could do with a massage." The Launceleyn purred, wiggling her fingers suggestively. "They say heat is good for weary muscles, you know."

Sidling on over towards the table, Edy reached into her back pocket to reveal the guildmaster's missing glasses. "Wouldn't you know it, I happened to find these the other day and I just got the sense that they might belong to you." She said with a mischevious flash of her white teeth, offering the glasses out for the bard to either confirm or deny her 'suspicions'.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"You're probably right," he agreed, carefully not looking at her wiggling fingers as he gave a thoughtful nod, all innocent eyes and bland expression. "A pity there isn't someplace in town to get one. A public bathhouse or something of the sort." A gentle lob of a pitch back to Edy, setting up another round of innuendo if the Launceleyn girl cared to keep playing.

His studied nonchalance fell away as she produced the glasses, blue eyes widening in surprise and delight as a broad grin spread over his face. "My lovely baroness of burning, you are a miracle! I've been looking for those for days! Wherever did you find them? I couldn't figure out where I had lost them." He reached for the delicate spectacles, attempting to lift them from Edy's hands and inspect them to make sure they were the right ones, and not merely a similar pair from the same mysterious maker.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
She'd crack Jigano. One day she would and it'd probably be the best day of her life. Until then though, she'd just bask in the anticipation. "You're telling me. This place is decidedly lacking in any sort of relaxation parlor or the like. Say what you will about them, but they're necessary." Waggling her fingers again, Edy flashed the bard an impossibly suggestive grin that dissipated into a laugh. "Hey, you don't have much on your plate at the moment, what say you and I start one up, hmm?"

"Oooooooooooooh. Baroness of burning." Edy purred, all white smile and plumped cheeks. Failing to answer the actual question, Edy merely shrugged her bony shoulders and grinned. "Y'know it was Bobi who found them truthfully. The light was causing some bugs to catch on fire. That's how I noticed it, really." Edy replied with a delicate shrug.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"What we need is a decent hot spring," he mused. "Though I recently heard about a 'House of Pleasure' that might be opening up soon. Might be competition for the Rathskeller if you're not careful," he teased his young friend. "Though if I ever give up the life of a Loreseeker I'll be sure to join you in setting up that bathhouse, complete with massages and any other decadence we can come up with!" Soft towels, cold drinks, and a skilled hairdresser on staff, to start with. The rest he could live without, but a little bit of pampering would be oh, so good every once in a while...

"It suits you," he assured her gallantly, warmed by her smile and glad to have brought it to her face. "Bugs... to catch on fire?" he repeated, one brow trying to raise as he fought to keep it down. First Bobi had found it, then Edy had noticed it? It seemed a bit unlikely... and Edy was a mistress of mischief, who treated the truth as a game at times... but...

Did it matter, really?

"They must have been pretty far into the woods," he murmured, carefully tucking them into an inner breast pocket of his overtunic. "To be setting bugs on fire. It's a good thing the plants aren't too dry yet, or they might have started a fire."
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy raised a brow, her competitive nature roused entirely by this seemingly throwaway comment. "And who would that be?" She asked, eyes narrowing with a playful sort of suspicion as if the bard might in fact be one of the main curators of such an establishment.

"What, you can only do one thing? Old dogs, new tricks and all that?" She purred, lips twisted into an oh-so sweet smile. "Ahhh well, guess I'm left to do allllllllll the work."

Smiling slyly and coyly shrugging her shoulders, she bobbed her head in agreement. "Oh yes. So far. At her feet, Bobi gave a yowl (though whether this was confirmation of her lie, or a way to try and agree with what Edy was saying was entirely unclear). "You're right though. You think anyone would believe that I hadn't started that fire, had it caught?" She asked with a cackle, a ball of fire appearing in her hands that she tossed easily back and forth, from palm to palm.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"Lucas mentioned it," Jigano mused, "blond Ascended fellow. Charming and bit of a rogue. He said he was going to be 'security' for it. I believe Lily was the name of the proprietress? I've met her a few times in Amalia's company, but can't say I know much beyond her face and name." Amalia seemed to like her, though, which was a fine recommendation in his opinion. He wasn't entirely oblivious to Edy's suspicion, but it was so far off base that he didn't pay it much mind.

"Old? Old, madame? You wound me!" he declared, pressing a dramatic hand to his heart as his eyes twinkled with laughter. "Though if being old means I get to be lazy, maybe it's not so bad..." He winked at her, grin turning a tad wicked. "Just remember that you're not as young as you used to be either, my flame-buoyant friend!"

Perhaps he shouldn't have made the pun. Bobi seemed to take offense at it (or maybe it was Edy's tale-of-uncertain-tallness the kitten protested?) Either way it woke Isuma from her nap and the gryphlet came barreling out of his office with a joyful REEP! of greeting as she attempted to give her mentor a welcoming pounce.

Jigano chuckled, but his eyes narrowed slightly in concern as Edy started juggling her fire. The Guild's new nightlight was thankfully fire-free, but the same could not be said for the Launceleyn girl. On the other hand, she could control that fire and snuff it out in a heartbeat on the off chance it did get away from her, so her held his peace and let her play. "I can't imagine why they might think that," he mused, watching the ball of fire with a raised brow. "Not of a fine, upstanding citizen and business-owner like yourself!"
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"Ahh well, it would be Lucas." Edy replied with a cackle at Jigano's description of him. "Security, mmm? Well he's certainly got a knack for shadows." She added with a mischievous glint. The description of Lily only made the Launceleyn shrug. She didn't much care for women unless she was fucking them. For the most part they were bitchy and petty or got themselves killed leaving Edy to save them, and then didn't ever say thank you.

"Wound you? Well I hope not, I don't believe this place has an old-folks home if you need taking care of." However as he turned the wording back on her (something he was impossibly good at), Edy merely marveled at his wit. Licking her lips and narrowing her eyes, knowing that she'd not match him in this arena, she conceded with a wink and scrunch of her nose. "Alright then. Neither of us are old, merely aging. Like a good whiskey."

In the wake of such a ferocious predator, Bobi immediately dropped her shoulders getting her head close to the ground, bobbed-tail waggling. However as Isuma came close, Bobi merely flopped onto her side and playfully swatted at the young gryphonlets head.

"I know right?" Edy cackled wickedly. "Sooooo, you been in the big scary woods yet?"
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"Doesn't he? It's almost eerie what he can do with them," Jigano agreed, wondering if he would get to do another round of training exercises and such with the man before his 'security' duties kept him too busy to help a loreseeker out. Edy's shrug matched his information on Lily, however: just not enough to have much to say about her, and he happily turned to her teasing comments on his age.

Old, indeed!

"Oh, I figured I'd just retire to a nice farm somewhere," he said airily. "One with a big front porch and a rocking chair, where I could sit and yell at the youth of Caido for being young!" He mimicked a reedy, querulous old voice and shook a palsied fist at an imaginary teenager to prove his point, but Edy had already surrendered and he relaxed his hand again, grinning. "But before that day, we have plenty of trouble still to be the cause of... just like good whiskey," he winked to his friend.

Isuma had been expecting a dodge or a leap, and was taken off guard by the swat to her head. She let out an indignantly playful squeak and tried to flop on Bobi to pin the larger, stronger kitten to the ground... an unlikely result, when the gryphlet's hollow bones left her with little mass to pin anything other than a fellow bird.

"The 'big, scary woods' are both, as a matter of fact," he agreed, dropping back down into his seat with a wry smile. "The Fae who live there aren't particularly friendly, and though they're small, it's not smart to underestimate them. And the trees have a nasty habit of moving around on you if you haven't been invited in, or don't have a guide." He nibbled a hangnail as he considered how things had changed since his first disastrous visit beneath the boughs of the Wildwood. "I don't suppose you and Bobi have had a chance to poke around yet, yourselves? I'm curious as to what you think of it."
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"Eerie is one word for it." Edy hummed with a suggestive bob of her eyebrows.

As the bard not for the first time and likely not for the last, easily twisted her words into something cackle-worthy, Edy did just that. A gleeful light sparkled in her eyes as she grinned at him broadly. "You—" She said almost accusingly, pointing a finger at him. "—always know just what to say."

Happily allowing herself to be pinned to the ground, Bobi yowled dramatically, flailing with large and predictable wiggles, clearly trying to make the young gryphon feel good about her efforts as a predator.

Edy listened, but merely shrugged. "Nah, don't know about it, don't give a fuck about it. I'm still getting used to this us vs. them shit here. I don't need to go adding in a third party. And if they don't visitors, that's fiiiiiiiiiiiine with me. Besides, Zariah's got some...errands for me, so I'll be staying put for a while."
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
One silver brow arched at her suggestive tone, but her tone was almost always suggestive, so that alone didn't tell him much. Unless this was something like that Bastien incident she had--

No. No, he wasn't going to think about that. At all. Ever again. Thanks, Edy.

He would rather talk about being old, thank you very much. Especially when he could turn it back around and make his young friend laugh, bright as fire and twice as likely to burn you. He pressed a hand to his heart in a small bow, smirking at her compliment. "Only because you do such a good job setting up my lines," he demurred, blue eyes sparkling with mischief.

Some of that mischief was undoubtedly coming from Isuma, who perched precariously on Bobi, happily reep!ing her victory as she wiggled and tottered trying to catch first one bobcat leg and then another as her attention tended to free whatever limb she wasn't focused on at the time.

"Hopefully Fiat Lux smoothed some of that us vs. them shit over?" he opined wistfully. "I thought things had been going more smoothly since then, at least. I know Rory was able to talk to some people at the party and work through apologies... I hope you're not still angry with him?" he asked, careful to keep his voice curious rather than tentatively hopeful, though perhaps some of that made it through in the expressiveness of his eyes.

"You respect Zariah a great deal, don't you?" he added, sitting back thoughtfully and tilting his head to the side in a bird-like gesture of interest.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Hearing Jigano swear was like satin against her skin. It was so terribly against the grain that it gave her goosebumps and made her pearly-white smile grow even wider. "Did it though? Just a bunch of candles and flailing about. Last time I checked nothing really got sorted." Raising a brow at the mention of Rory, Edy merely shrugged and casually crossed his arms. "Apology? For what?" Despite the fact that she'd threatened him probably on more than one occasion, the not-teenager genuinely looked curious. "I think he's a fucking moron, but at least he stood up for what he thought was right. What's to apologize for?" Rory had backed down about the whole Ronin thing, so as far as Edy was concerned, she was more or less over it. She still hated him, but she'd not ignite him on sight.

The mention of Zariah would cause a substantial change to overcome Edy's features. The frivolity and mirth fell away entirely. "She is the head of our family." Edy replied in a flat tone, looking down to inspect her cuticles.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"No, I suppose it didn't," Jigano agreed with a sigh. "The anger was quieted, and tempers were soothed, but you're right that the root cause of it still remains." Given that the problem was with Outlanders trying to take over and pushing their ideas on the Naturals, it wasn't a situation that Jigano could step into, either, without making things worse. Unfortunately, there wasn't an easy answer to that problem any more than there was to the Fae diplomacy issue, but Edy's question, sassily delivered, had him quirking his lips back towards a smile.

"I don't think he's a moron," the bard protested, but he let out a sigh of relief that his young friend's temper had already soothed over. "But I'm glad that you're not mad at him." Whether Rory would forgive the fire mage so easily, he wasn't sure. Edy had burned him once, and he still carried the scars from that. Those he didn't blame her for, but the threat she had made to do it again... that was another matter. "And I would appreciate it if you wouldn't threaten to kill him again, please. As a personal favor?" He was only half-joking with her on that, but his attempts to keep things light were all for naught when Zariah's name brought the mood down several degrees.

The body language and switch from hot to cool were as curious as her fawning over Zariah at the Barrier had been, and Jigano controlled the urge to raise a brow as he offered her a smile instead. "She doesn't look that much older than you. Is she your sister, then?"