Entertain you
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
everytime you kiss me
"So tell me again about this gift giving?"

Laying on his stomach on the bed, chin propped in his hands, Remi watched Ianto breeze around the kitchen. There was a rather unbelievable fairy-tale quality to all of this that Remi very much did not want to disturb: he and the fox reunited, neither of them cursed (presently), while the fox played homemaker and they discussed their failed venture of capturing the sun. It all was so simple and easy that the alchemist tried his best not to pay attention to it too much lest it flit away somehow or dissolve beneath his scrutiny.

And so, very much not thinking about whether or not the bed was in fact big enough for two, Remi focused on the happy rumblings of his stomach in response to whatever it was the fox was making.
it's like sunshine and whiskey

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
IANTO
"Oh, so you weren't listenin' attentively when I described it to you the first time?" Ianto laughed to Remi, shaking his head and straightening up from where he had just put something sweet and cinnamon-smelling into an oven that the wagon had no right to contain. Then again, the whole damned place was an anomaly, and it was something Ianto had been forced to get used to as well.

There was flour on the fox's nose, and he turned to open the doors of the wagon so that the heat wasn't too unbearable from inside. "Since it's you, I'll repeat myself. After we spend so long tryin' to catch the sun, we release it on the solstice, so it might go its merry way. The gifts are to give to each other at the midnight festival, where we release the sun and stay up all night to watch it rise. Or so I've been told."
i know places we can hide

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
everytime you kiss me
"I may have been slightly distracted by the storyteller." Remi confessed with a boyish laugh, shrugging with absolutely no sign of guilt. "But only because your accent is so hard to understand." He added, intentionally thickening his own with a mischevious grin.

Resisting the urge to rise and brush the flour from Ianto's nose with a feather—the bed was far too comfy to leave, and it was fairly adorable anyhow—the alchemist just nodded his humble appreciation.

"Ah, like a consolation prize after letting the sun go?" For being so knowledgable on the subject, Remi was surprised to hear that it sounded like Ianto hadn't actually participated before. "We—" He said, leaning on his forearms and tilting his head. "—we were here this time last year, weren't we? We had just arrived? Was that when you were still..." Remi's voice trailed off, his eyes falling from the fox's blue stare to the leather collar around his neck, unsure how to finish the sentence. Alone? Free?

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
IANTO
"Oh, you're a flatterer all right." Ianto beamed at Remi for his trouble, pottering about a few moments more before he swept over to the bed and sank down upon it next to the alchemist, leaning back on his hands. "Oi. My accent is just charmin', I'll have you know. Yours is impossible." He laughed good-naturedly, mussing Remi's curls in an affectionate gesture.

Humming thoughtfully, Ianto eventually nodded in agreement. "I suppose you could say it was a consolation prize," he agreed with a smirk. As Remi mentioned the year before, Ianto wrinkled his nose, and as the other man's eyes inevitably flicked to the collar about his neck, he brushed his fingers across it self-consciously.

"I didn't know there was a festival going on at that time," he said, somewhat vaguely, before wrinkling his nose. "Sorry. It... my situation isn't so easy to talk about."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
"And yet you seem to understand me just fine." Remi tittered, taking advantage of Ianto's sudden closeness to brush the flour from his nose just as he'd thought to before. Reaching a hand up, fingers melting into feathers, Remi swiped gently at the fox's nose, brushing his feathers again and again for good measure (but more probably just to annoy the fox).

"Mmmm." Remi humed a note of understanding, before sitting up to regard his friend. Biting the inside of his lip, the alchemist reached out a hand again—all flesh again—towards the collar. Pausing, his eyes moved softly towards Ianto's, a question lingering unsaid but writ clearly in the way Remi's brows pulled together and his eyes widened a fraction: may I?

"Is it...symbolic? Or.." Trailing off, Remi's fingers flexed, wondering what would happen if he did try what he was imaging; transmuting the collar into petals or feathers or tea.

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
Ianto snorted and twitched his nose at the feathers that came to attack it, grinning and swiping at Remi's hand like he could get him to stop. His smile faded as the other man sat up and gazed at him with that forlorn expression he was coming to get to know so well. Ianto dropped his gaze, but he nodded in a wordless gesture: go ahead.

"Yes and no?" He shrugged. "It's a sign of the oath I made. Only she can take it off, there's no seam or buckle to it. Cutting it doesn't work. Pulling it to try and snap it doesn't work. I doubt magic would..." He shrugged, suggesting he had already tried the former two ideas.

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
Gently the alchemist's fingers traced the band of leather with a hesitant reverence. Remi heard in his friend's tone the certainty that came with trial and error, and nodded distantly as his eyes scanned over it. Pale green was edged with gold now as his eyes shifted slightly to better see the material, but it was as Ianto had said.

With a sigh, Remi leaned back slightly to focus on the fox's face instead of the collar that bound him. "I can create magical items...but not yet destroy them. I think I could learn but..." Gently he shook his head. Twitching his lips now, Remi looked down, selfishness darkening his gaze as he swallowed. "I do not like that she has you." He said in a low tone, the remainder of the sentiment still on his lips: Because that means I never can.

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
Ianto found himself better able to concentrate on Remi's face than his examination of the collar he wore, smiling to himself as he noticed the subtle shift of his eyes. "Even if you were to destroy it, would that really change anything?" He shrugged a shoulder, reaching over to brush an errant curl out of the alchemist's face.

The fox found himself frowning in confusion as Remi's gaze dropped, and he felt his cheeks heat up at the words left unsaid. Smiling weakly, he reached up to let his hand rest over the alchemist's. "Would that you could trade for me," he muttered. "Though I don't know what she'd take in exchange."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
It was only for selfish reasons that Remi wanted to nod. When the two had been naked in the guildhall, he had noticed it. When the alchemist's arms had been playfully laced around the fox during their impromptu swim, he had noticed it. In his minds eye as he imagined them naked to avoid the sweltering humidity during the LongHeat nights, staring at the stars or so, he would notice it. "Maybe not." Remi agreed, though distantly.

"Ahh, you cannot be worth much." Remi said with a shallow laugh, liking the weight of Ianto's hand on his. "But if she has an interest in items...Being able to create magical ones..." Swallowing carefully, not wanting to let the bubble of hope he felt in the back of his throat colour his words too much, he looked up at the fox. "Do ... you think she would be interested?"

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
Remi's agreement did not come easily; Ianto noticed that without needing to notice much else. Still, he managed a quiet chuckle at the teasing jibe about his cost, squeezing Remi's hand and searching out the alchemist's eyes again. "She can make her own," he murmured gently. "It is how the stock for the Wishing Wagon comes into being. Mostly. I don't know where she gets the rest from." But that wasn't to say there wouldn't be something she would want from Remi.

It was just that the thought of Remi owing her anything made Ianto sick to his stomach. He shook his head quickly. "It doesn't matter," he said. "I won't have you in her debt for anything. I made this choice - it's mine to live with." Glancing up, the scent of cinammon and baked goods suddenly reached him, and he let his hand drop. "I think our gifts are ready." He smirked.

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
"There has to be something." Remi muttered with an almost rueful tone. "And you only made the choice because you were here alone. You aren't anymore." He added, voice far more confident now. It was still strange for the alchemist to be seated so close the fox. Without the moments of blissful anticipation or pure lust running through his veins, this felt far riskier somehow. Precious perhaps, breakable. "What...is the agreement?" Remi asked slowly, knowing that Ianto didn't and wouldn't want to talk about it, but asking just the same.

With an unhappy tilt of his head, Remi scowled playfully at the fox. "And here I thought you were cooking for me. Now I find out you are making these to fill someone elses basket? And here I thought we were..." Trailing off, Remi felt his cheeks flush and quickly he cleared his throat. Remi had never been officially anything to anyone, not that he remembered anyways. Part of him liked it that way. If he and Ianto were just friends with a few complicated things thrown in, then perhaps should the alchemist find himself in a compromising situation again, none of the gods would see fit to remove the fox from his life. "—having lunch." Remi finished lamely.

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
"Oh, undoubtedly there is." Ianto smiled ruefully, leaning in to steal a quick kiss from Remi's cheek, as if sensing that the alchemist was still a bit unsure about these somewhat domestic situations. "I'm just not sure it's a price I want you payin'." With a shrug the fox padded over to the oven, knowing that if Remi put his mind to it there wouldn't be anything he could do to stop him. That didn't mean he couldn't voice his concern, however.

Pulling the tray from the oven and setting it down, the smell of the sweet and fluffy buns would soon fill the wagon, Ianto looking quietly thrilled. Oh Remi. These are the test run! Of course they're all for you." He winked. "They'll not last until the festival, so you better come and dig in."

His amusement - of course - faded entirely at his direct question about Arduinna, Ianto's hands dropping to his sides.

"...She taught me the ways of the forest. The pathways through, what's safe, what isn't. The forest treats me as an extension of her. It doesn't like me quite so much, but it tolerates me." He rubbed his forehead. "I'm treated as a guest in the Sidhe Village because of her. She clothed me, fed me, gave me a wagon to live in and work to do. And in return..." Ianto shrugged. "She owns me. She says jump, I say how high."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
everytime you kiss me
Remi's blush was innocent and sweet, his smile unapologetically wide as he stared at his hands as the fox rose. "Oh so you make decisions for me now, do you ?" He chimed after him, thankful for the fox's turned back so that he could run a hand through his curls to try and steady his suddenly-racing heart.

With a quite laugh Remi shook his head. "You always know what to say." He observed with a grin, rising and striding over the stove that, if he thought hard about it, he'd be fairly certain had not been there the last time.

As Ianto began to speak, Remi's smile fell away. He watched how the mirth and mischevious glint that he associated with the fox seemed to dissolve, the weight that seemed to settle over him (or perhaps it was always there, just well-hidden). "Then I will make you shoes with springs on them. Or wings.." Remi said with a painful sort of optimism, reaching out to gentle brush his fingers against Ianto's hand.

"But...she helped you when you first came...surely your debt must end? Can she not find someone else to peddle her wares?"

Coding base by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
IANTO
"Hardly," Ianto said with a sly smirk. "I can only tell you what I'd like for you. Although, given that your decision literally involves ownership over me, you'd think I'd want a say." He chuckled, though there didn't sound as though there was much mirth in it. Indeed, the fox seemed to have forgotten everything about what he was doing, and the brush of fingers against his hand seemed to stir him somewhat.

Turning his hand so he could catch a hold of Remi's, he glanced up at the hawk and smiled weakly. "Shoes with springs, huh," he said, resisting the urge to roll his eyes. "It's not just the peddling of wares. I told you - she owns me, Remi. I do whatever she says. I can't break out of that. I don't know if anyone can."

Coding base by Sky!