Personal Quest Make Your Mark
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
it's not what it looks like
Ianto had made no posters, put up no notices. No, his only method had been by personal invitation or rumour - but strangely enough, he thought that those who would turn up as a result would be even more suited to this little outing. The Wishing Wagon had popped up on the outskirts of the Wildwood, its doors open and a sleepy looking Ianto sitting on its step, bare feet dangling over the side.

Today he would be taking a group through the woods to the Sidhe Village, at the behest of his godmother. Why were they going? Why, to trade of course. In particular Ianto had focused on tradespeople, artisans, craftsmen - anyone with any talent or skill that may be of use or interest to the Fae. Because there had been enough kidnapping, enough sneaking. The barrier was down and whatever consequences for that were apparently still brewing.

In the meantime, life went on. And those within the barrier were more than just intruders - they brought their own merits. It was time to show them off.

Ianto has invited a bunch of you wonderful artisans along to the Sidhe Village to trade! Who's in?

1. Amalia
2. Remi
3. Phoebe

This PQ will move on in 48 hours. If more spaces are needed I will add them!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
"Well I am glad my new guild is serving you well." Remi said with a laugh, nudging the fox playfully in the shoulder. Given that Remi's artisan's guild was still in its fledgling state he didn't have more to offer the fox other than the roster—most of which Ianto craftily always knew.

But then that was what he was best at.

"It will be nice to see things using my own eyes this time." He added with a sunny grin.

cinnamon whiskey, boy don't kiss me soft and slow

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe had heard about this little excursion from Remi and was quite excited to go. It was going to be an adventure – a real adventure! – at least by her standards anyways. She made sure she was outfitted to travel, leggings, boots, and an overlong tunic with a belt the outfit of choice, her long, full locks tied back in a braid. It felt weird not being in a dress but she knew that was less practical, given they were going traipsing through the forest and she didn’t want to hold anyone back.

Besides, adventurous girls always wore pants.

She arrived with her basket of wares – her medicinal teas and tonics all easy to transport thankfully – and waved when she saw Remi, smiling brightly. ”Hello, Remi! Thank you for inviting me, I’m so excited! It’s like an adventure!” she said, then turned her sunny smile to Ianto , giving him a wave as well. ”And thank you so much for offering to take us all. It’s very kind of you.”
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me
'Cause I'm just trying to be happy
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
'Cause she's just like the weather
Can't hold her together
Born from dark water
Daughter of the r a i n and s n o w
It seems perhaps an ill-thought plan to return so swiftly to the woods, particularly when her last venture met such a fateful end. Yet building bridges is Amalia's goal, and the baker cannot help her determined pride at being invited into such a contingent. What is she to say but yes,, to do but agree to make her mark and try to unite such disparate worlds? There was never a question in the girl's mind, never a moment where she debated her choice.

Barefoot but for the feline pads which protect the bottoms of her feet, Amalia arrives into the group with a bag on her back and the luxere antler staff in her hand. She has laden herself with a variety of wares: rolls and breads, scones and cakes, herby and sweet and plain alike. Also in the pack are tomes, two journals selected for attention to detail, historic recounts of their time within. The tulmhainar will enjoy them, she hopes, though the memories within are not fresh. And perhaps the fae will appreciate the knowledge, and be willing to share some of their history in turn.

Amalia nods a silent greeting, her black eyes drifting between those assembled. She is, again, the only Natural, the only one who was born within to be joining this venture without. Jyoti swims happily by her side, drifting by on invisible airflows, taking time to circle around Remi before darting into Ianto's wagon, a curious song ringing from her lungs. "Sorry," the girl murmurs fondly, "She's incorrigible."
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
"Hopefully your new guild will serve the people of the Sidhe Village just as well as it has me," Ianto said, giving Remi a sleepy smile and slumping a little as he was nudged. The fox sat up again at the sight of the two ladies approaching, rising to his feet and hopping down from the wagon to give them a cordial bow in greeting.

"It's my pleasure," he assured them, barely able to duck out of the way in time as Jyoti swam through the air to investigate the interior of his wagon. Ianto let out a musical laugh of his own, grinning and hopping back up to sit. "She's more than welcome to go where she likes. Please, if you'd like to put your wares inside as well, feel free. We have a walk ahead of us!"

Once his companions had made themselves ready, Ianto clambered down once more, patted the side of the wagon and stepped back - the gesture had the thing rumbling off into the forest like it was an animal. The pace was slow and steady, and the sun was high and hot. All in all, a wonderful day.

No post order! You have 48 hours to respond. Please put a number between 1-3 at the top of your post!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

The alchemist chuckled at Phoebe's excitement. "Well, with Ianto leading this little expedition it is sure to be something." He said with a grin towards the fox.

Mouth dropping open at the sight of Jyoti, Remi turned an astonished stare towards Amalia, his lips flinching between amazement and amusement. "Ahh, hello—" He said with a boyish sort of awkwardness, eyes trying to follow the whale's movements as she floated around him before darting inside the wagon.

As the wagon began to rumble forward at a leisurely pace, Remi slipped alongside the fox raising a skeptical brow. "You mean it could have come to us this whole time?" He criticised with a broad smile on his face.

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE

Phoebe smiled brightly at Remi, watching him smile at Ianto. She recalled Remi had also been around when Ianto was selling things. They must be very good friends…was Ianto also from Northaven? It was possible, it seemed a lot of them had arrived from there. But Phoebe had only briefly lived there and so did not know many others quite well.

Her thoughts were disrupted by a literal whale swimming…floating…floating with directed purpose right next to her. She gaped, eyes wide and lips parting in complete awe. She was a magnificent creature! Phoebe grinned at Amalia and waved hello as she set her basket of goods in the wagon. ”It is good to see you again, Amalia.” she said with a soft smile.

Briefly she was distracted by the wagon, amazed how it moved on its own. She walked quietly, enjoying the view, excitement bubbling in her stomach. Then she noticed again Remi sidling up next to Ianto – not suggestively but…if she was able to catch his gaze, she would give Remi a little smirk and raise a brow; was this Ianto someone special?
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
Can't hold her together
Born from dark water

Jyoti makes a welcome distraction, her presence easily entrancing all who have come. And why should it not? Even Amalia still finds the starwhale mesmerizing; she doubts she shall ever stop being happy to spend hours watching her buoyant flight. Satisfied with the wagon's content, she returns to circle about Remi and Ianto, unabashed and cheerful with this new assembly of friends.

The baker nods gratefully to Ianto, setting her heavy pack in the wagon before falling in near the back of the group. "You too, Phoebe," she replies softly, smiling fondly at the other girl and remembering her conversation with Emmett during Fiat Lux.

Gripping her staff, Amalia is wary, half-expecting Delah to emerge as they make their way deeper into the wood. But the weather is lovely and the company pleasant so she allows herself to drift and wonder, gazing with curious fascination into the depths of the trees, thus far finding this adventure more enjoyable than the last.
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
They set off, leaving the bright, hot sunshine behind and heading into the leafy canopies and plunging shade of the Greatwood. Not that the shade made it any less humid, given the amount of greenery they walked among. The wagon led the way, trundling forth and letting the little troupe follow in its wake. "Well obviously," Ianto almost drawled to Remi, his smile full of mirth as he nudged his friend.

Up ahead he arched an eyebrow as the forest seemed to move, and the wagon bumped into an obstruction up ahead. It stopped, suddenly and with a creak of protest. On closer inspection, a few branches had snaked out to tangle around the wagon wheels; someone did not want them getting to the village. Ianto had a good cough Delah cough idea who that potentially could be.

"We're going to have to get the wagon free," the fox said with a deep sigh. "Don't cut the branches, though. This isn't the forest's fault." So saying, Ianto leant down to speak to the trees in a low and soothing tone, like he could persuade them to let go.

Better sweet-talk those branches, or you aren't going anywhere!

Remi: Nothing happens.
Amalia: A friendly hanging snake, seeing the travellers on their way, drapes itself around her shoulders to say hello. Hopefully she isn't too surprised.
Phoebe: For all the greenery, the young midwife will notice that there is some discolouration to the leaves in the undergrowth, as though they are withering.

No post order! You have 48 hours.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Phoebe would find Remi's returned smile sunny and boyish as ever, though it did turn decidedly crooked as he shook his head at the fox.

"Ahh, I see I have competition." Remi tittered happily, his eyes falling upon the staff Amalia was holding. Winking to show the comment was anything but serious, Remi laughed to himself until the wagon came to a rumbly halt.

"Oh?" Remi murmured to himself, brows softly knitting together as he watched the way the vines had reached out to seemingly try and capture the wagon. "Perhaps the woods are in need of some of the things inside?" He said half-jokingly in Ianto's direction.

Tugging gently at the vines with his magic as per his friend's instruction, the alchemist would try and unwrap and free the wagon using as little brute force as was necessary.

Remi uses mastered earth magic to try and free the wagon!

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe blinked when the forest literally shifted, surprised by the movement. By now she had heard that it did so, but never witnessed it. And then the wagon lurched to a stop and she stared in surprise at the vines that suddenly worked their way around them. As Ianto spoke, she began to get the distinct impression that this forest was further from ordinary than she had imagined. No forest, but a sentient being. Hmm…

As she considered ways to help she noticed some withering leaves in the underbrush. After a moment’s consideration she pulled a waterskin she had on her belt off and knelt near the plants. ”I know it’s been terribly hot out and you must be thirsty. Here…let me get you some water, and perhaps you can convince your vine friends to let my friend’s wagon go so we can continue on?” she said gently to the leaves, her voice soft and soothing as she might with a panicking patient. Then carefully she poured the water near where the withering plant met the ground, knowing that if she got the leaves wet they might burn in the sun.
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
Can't hold her together
Born from dark water
They seem to be making steady time, and Amalia is content to walk in companionable silence, enjoying the sound of rustling leaves and the way the sunlight dapples and falls through the lush canopy of branches above. Remi and Ianto and Phoebe all chatter, seemingly good friends bound by shared history. It twists something familiar in the girl's chest, pulls at her constant core of loneliness - but she is able to somewhat shrug it off, wear it as a light coat instead of an oppressive one, and that is progress for the girl.

She has been watching the woods and not the wagon, so she is surprised when they suddenly draw to a stop. Instantly wary, Amalia stiffens, expecting another ambush from the no doubt watchful fae. None appear, however, and she lets herself relax a little. Drawing closer to the clustered outlanders Amalia smirks grimly at the sight of branches caught in the wheels, kneeling down to work skilled fingers gently around and try to extract them from their place while Jyoti releases a stream of starlight, hoping to soothe plant and human alike.

Neither of them expects the snake. Freezing as it falls upon her shoulders, Amalia's eyes widen and her heart begins to thunder. Is it a net? A lasso? Is she captured again? But Jyoti seems calm, even amused, singing softly and spinning around, almost jealous in her interest. Fur bristling on her back, Amalia slowly turns to see what has happened and finds herself face to face with the reptile, much to her surprise. "Ah... hello," she murmurs softly, not sure what else to possibly do. Carefully she returns to her task, aware of the stilted gaze now watching, stroking gently to avoid hurting any leaves as she draws the foliage from the cart.
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Without the soothing words of the fox and the midwife (and the friendly offer of water, too!) Amalia and Remi’s attempts to free the wagon might not have gone quite so well. As it was, the vines offered some initial resistance but soon relented to the gentle pressure and coaxing. Ianto seemed very pleased with their efforts; given whose wagon this belonged to and how Delah had treated the forest of late, it probably wasn’t difficult to get the wilderness on their side.

Slowly, waving goodbye with an errant vine here and there, the forest retreated and the vines disappeared back into the undergrowth. ”Great job,” Ianto said, straightening up and patting the wagon to get it to rumble forward again. He smiled around the group, arching an eyebrow at the snake around Amalia’s shoulders. ”Looks like you made a friend! They like to accompany you while you walk. They mean no harm.” He winked, before turning to press on once more into the woods.

He walked like this for some time, until the trees overhead were dense and shaded and the woodland life grew silent. ”Ah,” Ianto said softly. ”Take care around these parts, okay? Watch your step.”

No post order! You have 48 hours. Please post a number between 1-3 at the top of your reply. (You can use the same number more than once!)
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

With a curious stare Remi could almost feel the sentience of the greenery around them, insofar as his magic did not move it quite so easily as it should have been able to. Left to his own devices and without the aid of his friends, the alchemist suddenly wasn't so sure he would have made it unscathed through these woods had he tried, and suddenly he felt a shiver of worry run down his back.

"Oh now we ought to take care?" Remi said with a smile, though his tone suggested that the brightness of his expression didn't sink all the way down. He found himself very much wanting to keep the fox close, and not just for obvious reactions of attraction. Reaching out with his magic he tried to gently find the minds of the animals around them, to sense and see if they were perhaps worried about the adventurers walking through.

Coding base by Sky!