Training Log or shield, axe don't care.
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Are
Are almost scoffed at the notion of ever needing anything remotely close to an actual weapon, yet stayed his tongue as the weight of his choices were made apparent. The training was no simple pastime, what he wore, wielded, and made, it was all for one purpose he somehow had managed to bury beneath a false sense of pride. 'A better man doing the right thing' sounded all good and well until one realize the better man was oneself, and that the 'right thing' might very well test every single facet of the man's character. Although it was not the danger itself that made Are nervous, no, it was the fact that he now purposefully made himself ready for it and meant to throw himself into it.

'War axe', wielded by a man ready to go to war, and maybe not return from it. Well, 'ready' in the broadest sense of the word, but at least coming to terms with his promise and what it'd take to fulfill it. Courage he barely had, finesse he sorely lacked, but most of all persistence to keep going. Stubbornness if you will, of which he had more than enough of.

Stubbornness that almost melted away as she gave Are another reason to get something more useful than the shoddy hatchet. A nervous laugh at the reminder what he was training for, one quickly stifled as Krosis almost silently left the scabbard. "But the power is in the bite, no?" he asked as she demonstrated the exquisite properties of the sword. "What is elegance and grace without a little heft to it?" Are pondered, stroking his chin and slowly working through the few bouts he'd had. "I guess all of one or the other isn't worth much, though. A little bit of both?" he asked tentatively, keen on making sense of it all with what little he knew.
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
ROANA
Glimpses of fate bring light to your despair
Realise hope isn't short of your grasp
Resurrect every dream that you've buried alive
And never succumb to the war that you fight
Roana waited patiently while Are carefully worked out what exactly made a good fighting weapon a good fighting weapon. He was a keen fellow, it usually just took him a moment or two to get to the answer. Once he did, she smiled and nodded. Turning the blade in her hand, she held Krosis out for him to take, so he could feel the weight of the claymore – which was indeed a very heavy weapon, perhaps more than he could even bear at the moment.

”A good weapon has a balanced weight that is generally a bit on the heavier side, but shouldn’t be so cumbersome that the fighter can’t wield it. An axe is usually going to be a heavier weapon than a sword, but it means you have to be stronger as well – otherwise once you make that biting blow, you’ll be too slow on the uptake.” she said. It was a tricky balance between a good weapon and a strong warrior.
Your world is coming apart
Remain steadfast
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:

Are
The ease with which she wielded the fearsome blade had Are fooled, at least until he grabbed the hilt and the full weight of the mighty sword almost made him fall over. He dropped his shield a hair from his toes as he grabbed Krosis with both hands. He felt the heft of it and admired it up close for a few moments, it must've been worth a fortune, at least it would have been back in Midgård. Even the simplest of short swords, not even a third of the length and weight would've been worth a few months wages at least.

He took a few tentative swings, allowing the weight to pull the gleaming blade through a deadly arc or two. As it moved he was astounded at how it almost felt weightless, so exquisite was the craftsmanship that he couldn't tell it was swinging until it came to bringing it to bear again. But oh how he felt it, his arms where already tired from the sparring and burned after only enough movement to tell the blade was well beyond his capabilities to wield. So with a small bow he offered Roana back her sword.

"By the Gods, that thing is immense!" he exclaimed, not sure if he was more more impressed with the weapon or the one throwing it around as if it was nothing. "But I can see it, craftsman and all, I appreciate good handiwork when I see it. It is truly a magnificent weapon." Are said with a voice seemingly spellbound by the grace and deadliness of it. It also got him thinking. "I should fight with my strengths, right? Something long maybe, a spear or a great long axe?" his meandering thoughts on what sharp tool he needed started to muddy the waters, but he breathed for a moment and found the focus again. "Training though. That's what's most sorely needed."
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
ROANA
Glimpses of fate bring light to your despair
Realise hope isn't short of your grasp
Resurrect every dream that you've buried alive
And never succumb to the war that you fight
Roana laughed a bit as she watched him struggle to wield the blade, taking it back from him and sheathing it as if it weighed nothing. ”Krosis was my father’s blade, which he bequeathed to me upon his passing. It’s enchanted, so when it comes in contact with certain magical attacks, it can reflect them back.” she said, patting the sheathed sword fondly. ”And someday it will be Cormac’s. Got to keep the family tradition going.” she said.

She nodded at his question though. ”I think you’d do fine with a long axe. They are a bit more versatile than a spear.” she said, clapping him on the shoulder. ”Yes. You need to train daily. But for now, you need to take care of yourself. Go home, clean up that wood axe of yours, and soak your muscles, or you’ll regret it tomorrow. Captain’s orders.” she said, giving him a little salute as a send off.

{END}
Your world is coming apart
Remain steadfast