on humbled, bended knee
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
It’s been a long time since she’s seen the glassblower and his son. Well, more specifically, his son, Lanoch. Once you insult a guy’s ability to fuck, it’s kind of hard to do business with them, which is why Magrethe always went when the Theskyra household needed something. Except now there’s no Magrethe, and Wessex may have to eat her words.

For better or worse, there’s no sense of shame in her when she approaches their workshop-slash-farmstead. It slowly grows hotter as she approaches the compound’s gate, the clay oven still burning in the early shades of dusk. Wessex tries to approach ‘noisily’ - well, noisy for her - to give them a heads up instead of just popping in. A couple of dogs bark, and the blonde woman stops just before the gate, calling out with a strong, “Hello? Lanoch?”
black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:

If Wessex was listening closely she might have heard his voice above the din of the dogs, calling them to heel from somewhere in the workshop. If Wessex was watching, she might then have seen what appeared to be an awkward colossus stumble out of that same building, less drunk than painfully awkward, all dark skin and wry hair and muscle in the Longheat sun.

Lanoch was what some may call 'a strapping young lad', and others 'a goddamn great skinny giant'. He had always been tall and gangly, and though he filled out nicely when he hit his twenties, the nickname "Lanky Lanoch" was hard to shake. "Just a sec!" Coming down the path toward the gate, the young man's grin fell as he spotted the blonde woman. "Oh. It's you."

Arms crossed over his chest, Lanoch looked down at the Theskyra woman with a hard disapproval, remembering his father's dislike for her. Man, her sister had been agreeable and pretty.

A shame, really, the whole damn thing.

"Wha'd'ya want?"

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
Oh. It’s you.

Wessex almost blanches at both the recognition and the condemnation, but forces herself to level her gaze up at the strapping young man who looks like he’d rather spit on her than say her name. Almost. So maybe feelings haven’t tempered in the twenty years since the incident. And isn’t that just like a man to hold a grudge about his dick for that long?

“Lanoch,” she says in greeting. “I’m sure you get this all the time, but you’ve certainly grown.” Smooth, Wessex. Very smooth. She can remember him as a much smaller, energetic little boy who used to run around naked, despite his mother’s best attempts to keep him away from the glass oven. That was before she died, though… before she 'preyed' on his father. Eyeroll.

It didn’t even occur to her until now that his father might be dead, too. But she daren’t ask that right then, not with such a frosty greeting. “I’ve got a project I’m working on and need two small things made. Name your price.”

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:

The awkward lilt of conversation echoed along the hall, and he scoffed, snorted, and fought hard not to roll his eyes. Spite and pettiness might have dictated he not do anything for her at all, and wouldn’t that be an amusing sight to see, as Wessex was refused something she required? Find someone else he could say, knowing and understanding well that there were hardly around with his skills, especially not likely for anything she actually needed. He could always fold his arms and watch her glower, sputter, and growl.

Except there were things he also needed. He stewed there for a minute more, letting her simmer and froth at the seams, while he deliberated. Lanoch had wanted to try staining and coloring glass for some time now, but hadn’t had the gall to march into the Greatwood, where rumors swirled of red lichen, of its potential for sinking into his materials and leaving them just so. He thought about grumbling and not saying anything, but it was an opportunity he might not have – obligation for obligation, price for a price. “I need some red lichen, from the Greatwood. I heard it can stain glass.” He tilted his head, studied her, gave nothing over to the you’ve grown sentiments; because they all grew, in one way or another, time ensured that. This was business, not the bristling past. “Bring me some and I can make your items.”

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
More tasks. Fucking hell.

For a moment, Wessex grits her teeth and clamps her jaw down on the rumble of frustration that threatens to overwhelm her. It seems to be a wild goose chase for these items - but if the upgrade will help her in the future, it is necessary to do the things now. She goes into business mode, gruffer than before, all the kindness of forced small talk flying out the window. “Red Lichen. Consider it done.” She remembered a place vaguely referred to as ‘Crimson Cataract’ on the map, and thought that might be a good place to start.

“I need four small concave pieces of glass. Fairly thin, about the size of an eyeball. Maybe slightly bigger.” There is no question of whether or not he can do this. They’ve made their bargain.

She holds out her hand to shake on the agreement. If nothing else, she should have a reputation for being good on her word - even if the task is more sinister in nature, she’s always fucking done it.