Moonlight on the Water (OPEN)
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
"...I don't think so..." Sam mumbled, not wanting to get into a fight but feeling an obligation to at least try and protect Remi's honour a little. He considered the man anything but a pushover, someone brave and willing to stand up for what he believed in, loyal to his friends. He knew what a pushover was (because he was one himself) and Remi did not seem at all to be it.

But Remi's honour flew out the window when Edy frankly said the other function his patch could be for. He stiffened and stuttered a few times, desperately trying to find something to say. "Um--well-- I ..um...I suppose that too, but I never tried it." He lied.
take what you like
but close my ears and eyes
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
"The fuck you haven't." Edy replied instantly. "Even if it was a just fucking yourself. I've never met a man who hasn't taken the one-way stroll around his own cock as soon as he was old enough to." Her shoulders bobbed casually, the conversation hardly making her uncomfortable.

"But I mean, if you aren't gonna take advantage of it, I can think of a certain someone who would. So you know, make the most of it. "
you and me been catching on like a wildfire

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
"You--I--...Um." Sam brought up a hand to cover one side of his face, rubbing nervously at his cheek. If he still had the blood for it, his face would have turned bright red. Whatever he had done with his..areas in private, it was not something he wished to discuss with anyone, never mind a near-stranger insisting he should run around naked.

But her second statement confused him. As the trees began to thin out around them, he asked: "...Who do you mean?"
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edy only snorted softly under her breath, amazed at the things people got all hot and bothered over. Back-tickles feel good, and you were allowed to talk about that. How was masturbation any different? Enjoying fucking and being fucked, whether solo or in a group, was basically the only thing all of humanity had in common, and yet it was one of the most off-limits topics Edy had ever come across.

"It's all...installed in you, right? Isla was telling me about it once. A keg of beer says if I cut that little implant or chip or whatever the fuck out of you, and shove it into one of your friends, they'd get boners too."

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
While Edy's hypothesis, as far as Sam knew, wasn't wrong, he still found it rather difficult to respond to. Perhaps she was not embarrassed by topics of sex, but he had a rather sensitive sensibility and did not have much practice speaking about it.

"I don't drink beer, so um..I won't...take that bet. But I'm not sure. Remi made the patch for me. I don't know a lot of other Ascended...they tend to not like me." He shrugged as if this did not bother him, which it did. "I'm sure someone like you is very popular, so you probably don't...know what I mean." He sighed and looked to the horizon where town was rapidly approaching, hoping this somewhat awkward conversation might be over soon.
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"Guaranteed it's because you don't like yourself." Edy said with a casual shrug. "I've known you for all of five damn minutes and it's clear as fuck that you've got some insecurities. Whatever. We all do. But so what? You don't want me looking at your dick? Tell me to fuck off then and don't take it when I continue to do it. You don't want to talk about sex? Stop justifying why and just stand your ground. You don't know me, and you probably don't like me, but you're bending over backwards it seems to make sure I don't get annoyed or mad or whatever at you.

Why? The actual fuck for? It's nighttime isn't it? Isn't that your thing?"

Stopping dead in front of Sam, Edy raised a challenging brow, pulled her hand, and then reached out to punch him as hard as she could in the shoulder.

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
Edrei entirely called Sam's entire being out with out sentence and he stopped, stared at her as she continued to speak. He felt both humbled, that she had clearly seen through him and she was right; but also insulted that she, who barely knew him, dared to speak like this. So critically, so frankly.

But...she was right. If he had any backbone, he'd tell her he was insulted. Instead, he just looked off and sighed.

"Well, I--" He was stopped by the punch in his shoulder, jumping back and holding it. "What was that for?! I don't like myself, no, but punching me isn't going to help!" Sam abruptly turned himself invisible, so that Edy couldn't aim any more hits towards him. [b]"Why do you care so much about my insecurities anyway? I'm..I'm working through them, slowly. If you knew me you'd know that."
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"To make you do somethi—the fuck?" Edy halted, brows furrowed as she looked around for the man who was no longer (apparently) at her side.

"Why shouldn't I care?" The Launceleyn quipped back. To those who didn't know her, and even many who did, Edy just seemed like a flaming wrecking ball at almost all times. She actually was quite caring though. As it turns out when you're raised inside of a glorified prison and sharpened into a weapon, your ability to communicate emotions and feelings effectively becomes a bit skewed.

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
Despite his upset outburst, Sam couldn't help but feel a little amused at Edy's reaction to his disappearance. At least he still had some tricks up his sleeve. And this way, she couldn't hit him again.

He was halfway expecting her to walk off, so when she asked her question, he was surprised. Even though Edy wouldn't be able to see him, she would hear his feet as he stepped backward then paused. "Because you hardly know me, and you don't seem to like me." He pointed out. "People like you, who are brave and loud and popular...tend to not like me. They don't understand why I'm the way I am, and they don't care either."
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Glaring at nothing, Edy narrowed her eyes and huffed.

“I don’t not like you.” She replied with a shrug. “And I don’t need to know you in order to want to help, do I? You just walk by folks lifting heavy things and go, oh well I don’t know you, so best not help?

Crossing her arms as Sam labeled her as brave and loud and popular (2/3, maybe), Edy raised a brow, but much of the hostility had been erased from her dark and chiseled features. “No, I might not understand why you are the way you are. And I’m not psychiatrist either, I’m fairly shit when it comes to feelings and talking about how you got to be this way. But that doesn’t mean I can’t help you out with it.” She added with a shrug.

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
Sam very much did walk by people lifting heavy things, always uncomfortable with his Ascended strength and too awkward to offer help to complete strangers, but he could see Edy's point. His decision that she was a certain sort of person, which had been swift and built on wobbly foundations to begin with, crumbled a bit.

Slowly, he appeared. He was still a little faint, if Edy really focused she could see trees past his head. "...So...how would you help me out with it? Is it just things like getting naked and having sex? Because I do not want to go about naked and...I do not have anyone to have sex with." He was a little embarrassed to admit this and did not look her in the eye as he said it.
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Still unable to see Sam, Edy cast her gaze down towards her nails, pretending to inspect them if only so that she didn’t have to look around like a fucking moron. That was why it took her a moment to notice that he had appeared, though when she saw the faint shimmer of him, she casually went back to looking at her nails as if the ascended was some sort of animal for whom eye contact would come across like a threat.

“I mean, have you tried just getting naked and having sex? I’m game if you are.” Edy trilled with a salacious wink, her features angular and full of joy before she grew a touch more serious. “But nah, it doesn’t have to be that. I mean, if that’s what you want I’m sure I can find someone for you.” She added with a wink. “But it’s more...I mean, I’m not trying to turn you into someone who’s just going to go around throwing punches when he doesn’t get his way. But there’s a big difference between keeping quiet when people wrong you because that’s what you want to do, and because it’s the only choice you think you have.”

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
"I am absolutely not 'game' for that." Sam insisted, even though he knew mostly that Edy was joking. Frankly, he couldn't imagine anything worse - not that Edy was ugly (though he found it hard to know what was considered attractive in women), but he was sure she would spend half the time critiquing his technique.

But what she said after, about staying quiet because it was the only choice he thought he had...it resonated with him, because it was true. Sam was quiet for a moment, looking at Edy with translucent eyes. He was surprised to hear something so insightful come from the rather obnoxious woman. "...You're right. I see what you mean." Slowly, he reappeared entirely and began to walk towards town, hoping she would walk alongside him again.
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy made a clicking noise of approval under her tongue as she nodded. She was right. That was the whole fucking point. Still, her smile was genuine as Sam completely reappeared.

"Alright freckles, you best walk me home. It's the gentlemanly thing to do when you see a girl naked and then almost drown her." Linking an arm in between Sam's (whether he wanted it or not), Edy filled the silence with meaningless conversation. Some was interesting, some was bullshit, but all of it was sang in a decidedly-Edy tone of voice.

"Right well, this is me. Remember what I toldja, huh? Or at least think about it."

Coding base by Sky!