Moonlight on the Water (OPEN)
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
Sam had little time to tell Edy about what was on his plate before he was swimming, but he was unsure she was the person he'd want to discuss his issues with anyway. While he was sure Edy was a great person under all the...obnoxiousness, he didn't feel she'd relate with his viewpoints. He knew that a lot of his problems were caused by his own social paralysis, and to someone without such an issue they would seem frustratingly simple to solve.

Not noticing her failed attempt at a fireball he swam right to the bottom and looked about for fish, though he didn't really expect to see any. Given that he didn't need to breath he took his time, turning this way and that then turning on his back, looking up through the water to see Edy. While he still felt conscious of his naked body, the feeling was fading, just about.

With a smile designed to be an olive branch, he held out his hands to help drag her to the bottom so they could look together, at least for as long as she could hold her breath.
take what you like
but close my ears and eyes
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
cigarettes, the taste of your whiskey lips
With a white grin, Edy happily allowed the strange man to take her hand, pulling her down. Though wherever Sam might have thought the bottom was, he was very, very wrong. The Oasis was deeper than anyone had ever properly mapped, and the darkness simply seemed to stretch on, and on. Without enhanced sight, and with the need to breathe, Edy's survival senses kicked in immediately, and she began to worry that Mr don't-look-at-my-bits was going to drown her.

Letting go of his hand, Edy athletically made her way back to the surface, drawing in a loud and lung-filled breath of air.
still haunting my every kiss

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
Sam was surprised as he swam down with Edy's hand held in his own to find that he was not in fact at the bottom of the Oasis, not even close. As Edy let go he turned to look down into the depths, swam down a few feet...then back up to the surface.

"I had no idea it was so deep. Do you... think I should try see whats at the bottom?" He asked her, glancing down at the lakes surface shining in the moonlight.
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
As Sam resurfaced, Edy shot him a playfully disapproving look for basically trying to drown her.

"Don't take this as me look at you too hard or whatever it was you said before, but you sure don't look like the adventuring, gee lemme see what's at the bottom of this fucking water-pit that's filled with therapist fish." Though her tone was mischievous and playful, she still sounded like she might be serious.

Or at least, seriousish.
you and me been catching on like a wildfire

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
"I--hm." Edy's words suddenly made Sam realise that there could be something dangerous lurking in the bottom of the Oasis, a thought that had not occured to him when he had first thought to go down there. He had been so focused on intellectual curiosity that the dark had not scared him, but now Edy mentioned it...

"Perhaps you are right. Maybe it is something better left to those more adventurous than me." Conclusion made, he looked back to his clothes. "Well...I...think I might get dressed now." Sam began to swim back to the surface, pausing before he got out of the water but eventually biting the bullet and stepping out, revealing far more of himself (pale enough to shine in the moonlight) than he'd wanted as he got dried and dressed.
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Waggling her brows with a playful antagonism, Edy watched Sam's lily-white ass pull out of the water with a muffled snort of amusement. "Waters cold, huh." She drawled wryly, slipping out of the water herself with no hesitation.

Shivering ever so slightly, fire bloomed around the fire magic causing the water left on her dark skin to evaporate. Dry as she was, Edy was in no hurry to get dressed. Stretching her arms out lasciviously, she cast a glance over at Sam as he rushed to get dressed.

"Why're you like that?" She asked, sounding mischievously curious. "I don't want to fuck you, and you probably don't want to fuck me. And since we hardly know each other, I can't imagine you care much about what I think. So why all the awkwardness?"

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
Sam pretended he didn't understand Edy's comment and threw his clothes on quickly, determinedly looking anywhere but back at his fellow swimmer in the water (he did take a quick glance down before he fastened his pants, wondering if she had any grounds to her claim).

Her question and dedication to staying naked drew a sigh from him. Sam fiddled with his cuffs and was about to apologise, then he frowned and shook his head. "I think you're likely the odd one here, actually. Most people don't see each other naked unless they're romantically involved, and I...I think that's right. It's meant to be for someone special, like...like a gift."

He finally forced himself to meet her eyes. "It's okay to not want to be naked with someone else, you know."
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"A gift?!" Edy cackled, shaking her head. "Look at your body and tell me that's a fucking gift. And I don't just mean you. Some dangling and saggy bits that occasionally get hard? Pfff." The younger girl shook her head. "You lot are real full of yourselves if you think it's some sort of honour to get an eye full of that."

Meeting his gaze, Sam would find that while humorous, Edy's gaze wasn't actually judgemental. Edy could be an asshole to be sure, but usually it didn't come from a place of being mean. "Yeah I know. That's my point. I'm asking why. It isn't a sex thing, and it isn't like you're the first man I've seen naked and word on the street is you all don't really need clothes or whatever. So, what's the hang up? Being naked is perfectly natural. Good for the skin and all that. Why cover up when it doesn't matter?"

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
Sam hugged himself and looked down as soon as Edy laughed and began to tease him. Was he really so hideous? He had written in his diaries that he'd been naked in front of Remi, and hadn't mentioned the Alchemist needing a break to vomit at the sight. He didn't ask who 'you lot' were, but he wasn't sure if Edy meant men or Ascended. Either way, he wasn't going to make it worse for himself.

She suddenly switched gears into something resembling sincerity, and he moved to sit and think. "I...yes, it's natural, and it might be morally fine or whatever, but it's not normal, is it? People would stare. And I hate it when they stare. If you want to start a...nude revolution, then do, but it's not my sort of thing."
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"Says who? That it isn't normal? You're born naked, aren't you? All the other animals go around naked. It's only us who flail about and act like it's a big deal." Edy shrugged, still standing, still ass naked, still unconvinced.

Softening slightly, Edy looked the ascended over. "They stare even when you've got your clothes on, I bet. Besides, you look like anyone else, even when naked." She added. "And who cares, let them stare."

Waltzing towards her clothes pile, Edy stepped into her underwear and threw her top on loosely over her boney shoulders. "You do you, I'm not trying to change that. I just...I don't get why it's always such a big fucking deal, when it really isn't."

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
"Says..you know, just, greater society." Sam insisted back. He didn't necessarily agree with the decisions that society at large made, but he had never been the kind to upset the order of things. If that was how society had told him things were going to be, he was going to keep to that rule.

Her telling him that people did stare was a small confirmation of his worst fears but he tried to not let it show on his face. Sam knew he'd be thinking about that in the night for a while, staring at the wall.

Watching Edy throw on her shirt (and being rather glad for it), he shrugged. "I mean...I do need them for the temperature, too. Since Remi made the patch, I...well, I can feel the temperature, so Ascended or no, they are still a necessity." He chewed at his lip and looked about at the dark forest, which looked forboding even with his eyes adjusting to the dark.

"Do you want to walk home together?"
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"Greater society", Edy scoffed with a deliberately over the top eye roll. "Seems real fuckin' great to me." She added, kicking at a flower in the moonlight and sending the bloom flying across the midnight-blue grasses.

"Hold up, puppy-dog eyes made a patch that made you feel things?" Her eyes drifted automatically towards his crotch, not even bothering to try and hide it. "Like, feel things, feel things?" She asked, obviously thinking of Lucas. Being shadow-fucked was one thing, but there was something irreplaceable about a big, fat, hard—

"Yeah why not." Edy said, dark eyes blinking as she sidled up probably much closer to Sam than he would have liked. But that was the think about Edy, she basically oozed confidence and comfort. You could try and be awkward around her, but at a certain point, it was basically useless.

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
Sam watched the flower bounce away from Edy's foot and was about to say that he didn't necessarily mean great in that sense, when Edrei referred to Remi as 'puppy dog eyes'. The description made him laugh a little because he wasn't really sure why she'd used it. It was not a phrase he associated with Remi.

"Yes, he--" He noticed where Edy's eyes were and began to walk down the path, hoping that if they walked and talked she would have less ability to give meaningful glances. "We were together, for a while, and he saw that it was upsetting me to not be able to feel things. So he made me something to help. Is that so surprising? If you know Remi you must know he is a very helpful and kind man." His voice glowing with fondness, Sam smiled and looked down as if embarrassed.

"I can taste, and smell, too. It is amazing what you miss when you have been deprived of all senses for years."
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"He's a pushover." Edy said with a shrug, knowing very little about Remi other than that he basically always did what he was told. Which of course worked out super well for her. "It's only surprising because that shit seems powerful. And Remi is just... I mean.." Edy trailed off, grimacing slightly. Remi was a disgusting commoner that had no business with magic, is what she meant.

"And fuck, if that smile is any indication." Edy noted with a grin.

Coding base by Sky!